March 19, 2024, 05:16:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [Bug] Analog Lab 3 not preserving Sustain behavior  (Read 2025 times)

looneytunes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
[Bug] Analog Lab 3 not preserving Sustain behavior
« on: July 26, 2018, 11:05:48 pm »
Hi Arturia,

There seems to be a random bug with sustain/hold state when switching presets.  Often (20-40% of time) when switching presets in Analog Lab 3, the patch seems to be enabled with voices sustained (when I'm not holding the pedal).  This is often on patches where 'legacy' sustain behavior is enabled (i.e. the patch is programed to sustain envelopes from CC64). Usually, tapping the sustain pedal releases the latch, but I shouldn't have to do this.

I would expect the behavior to be for this 'hold' state to be 'not latched' when changing presets (until a CC64 event).

Thanks,
Kevin L

LBH

Re: [Bug] Analog Lab 3 not preserving Sustain behavior
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 02:06:26 am »
Can you name some presets you can have issues with? Are they all from Prophet VS?
How does the sustain pedal work with those presets - also in the original applications?  I have reported issues with getting the sustain pedal to work correct with Prophet VS release sustain settings a long time ago. Can that be it?

That said, then i don't have the issue you mention i think. But when changing between 2 Prophet VS presets with long release time, then you hear the release for the preset you change to.

Can you narrow down the issue? Including if you or your DAW is playing when you change presets.

I assume your applications are updated.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 02:08:36 am by LBH »

looneytunes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 08:45:41 pm »
Hello LBH,

Thanks for responding.   I am running Analog Lab 3 in Vienna Ensemble Pro as a host, much of the time.  For purposes of narrowing the problem down, I have been running AL3 standalone, and have reproduced the problems there.

As I mentioned, this is happening randomly - so sometimes it happens, and sometimes not on the same patch.

I do see this issue most frequently with ProphetV  patches, where release button is set (to allow contour on the release EG cycle) *and* with Sustain Mode set to Legacy (to hold gate on EG sustain cycle).  I have seen this behavior on some Matrix12V patches, and other Arturia VSTis - I'll try to get more data points there.

I've attached 2 P5 patches I have made, where I see this behavior frequently.  If I switch between them (without playing keyboard, without sustain pedal held), the newly loaded patch typically is latched with sustain held (any notes played will be sustained, until I tap the CC644 pedal, after which they will play properly).

Other Info,
     I'm on a Mac Pro, OSX 10.13.4, Analog Lab 3 (3.2.0.1509)

I also see this behavior in the individual plug vstis when switching presets too.

This is not the same behavior that you described (with previous patch sounds sustaining after switching patches),  this is the newly switched patch, that is latched sustain-on from the first key press.

Hope this helps, Thanks for listening,
Kevin L

looneytunes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 11:51:17 pm »
Hi Again,

After more testing today, I've found the same sustain latching happening on CS80V and Jup8V when switching presets in Analog Lab.
(may also happen in the standalone VSTis too).

Hope this helps,
Kevin L

LBH

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 01:26:14 am »
Hi,

Thanks for your info and testing.

I suggest you contact Arturia support, unless they answer here. They does sometimes. But contacting support will make sure.

I have just tried to download your presets. The Mechanic 2 preset has HOLD coded as being ON. Tried to shift between the 2 presets some times without having any latch. But i can't say it does'nt happen ever.

BTW: I'm on Windows 10.

Best

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines