March 29, 2024, 01:09:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [Solved] Certain keys not responding with Ableton Live and Analog Lab 3  (Read 14677 times)

rexbrewer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi all,

Just had a few technical issues with my new MIDI keyboard.

Open testing the full functionality of the keyboard, I have noticed that the keys A#1, B1, C2 C#2, A4 (which has somehow become the undo button) and C5 (which is adding locator points at selected locations) are not working with Analog Lab 3 or any other VST in Ableton Live. I have version 9.7.6. I have also noticed this same issue with the Pitch Bend wheel, all the faders, all the drum pads and all the pots. In fact anytime I press those keys they do not respond to the software or any other software in Ableton. However when using in another DAW (Reason) these keys work just fine.

When using Analog Lab 3 standalone, everything works as it should. The only problems I have are when it is used in Ableton. Also should be noted that when used in Reason, Analog Lab keyboard does not respond to the software at all but all the keys do work. I have currently been at this for hours trying to resolve and have followed every direction online to fix this, including firmware updates and step by step guides on the Arturia website.

Would like to hear any thoughts or possible solutions, any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks all,

Chris

EDIT: Also the Pitch wheel is controlling the volume of the individual tracks in Ableton and randomly it just starts panning the tracks.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 09:46:58 am by Matt Arturia »

LBH

Re: Certain keys not responding with Ableton Live and Analog Lab 3
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 11:33:04 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

To me it sound like you have set your controller to control the DAW.
I think you have 3 control modes in your controller. Analog Lab, DAW and multiple User modes.
I can imagine, that you have selectes DAW, and then you control your DAWs functions. My guess is you shall put it in User mode to control focused plug-ins in a DAW.

rexbrewer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 01:24:01 am »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

To me it sound like you have set your controller to control the DAW.
I think you have 3 control modes in your controller. Analog Lab, DAW and multiple User modes.
I can imagine, that you have selectes DAW, and then you control your DAWs functions. My guess is you shall put it in User mode to control focused plug-ins in a DAW.

Hey LBH,

Thanks for getting back to me. Currently those keys do not work when any of the Maps are selected. I Analog Lab mode or any of the user modes, the keys are just not working and the whole controller is behaving weirdly. Like I said, random pans and C5 seems to do whatever it pleases when pressed. But this only happens in Ableton. I have turned off the DAW control mode through the settings in Ableton but nothing seems to be working. I over on the Ableton forums that a few other people are having the exact same problems as me. Hopefully on Monday I'll get a response from Arturia and we can get this all sorted out.

Cheers

Chris

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 01:28:27 pm »
Hi,

Can you attached a screenshot of your Live's midi configuration ? (Preferences -> MIDI)

Regards,

Matthieu

rexbrewer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 03:26:54 pm »
Hey Matt,

Here is the screen shot. The first slot is the MIDI IN for the keyboard and the second slot is for the DAW in.

It should be noted that I have tried as many configurations as possible, with toggling the "Ons" and "Offs" and not adding the DAW in from the keyboard and only using the MIDI in and still the same problem.

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 04:52:45 pm »
Hi,

Try to delete the first slot. Only the DAW In/Out ports should be used for the control surface script. It should solve the issue I think.

Regards,

Matthieu

rexbrewer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 02:01:51 am »
Yup. Fixed. I dont know why I didn't think of this before......

Thanks so much for the help!

Chris

ryan_tristan_

I have actually been having the same issue (keys such as b, b flat, c, c sharp, etc. not responding when analoglab is a plugin to ableton, separate from ableton It works fine), but I could not get it to work, even with your advice.

roberto101

Hi all,

Just had a few technical issues with my new MIDI keyboard.

Open testing the full functionality of the keyboard, I have noticed that the keys A#1, B1, C2 C#2, A4 (which has somehow become the undo button) and C5 (which is adding locator points at selected locations) are not working with Analog Lab 3 or any other VST in Ableton Live. I have version 9.7.6. I have also noticed this same issue with the Pitch Bend wheel, all the faders, all the drum pads and all the pots. In fact anytime I press those keys they do not respond to the software or any other software in Ableton. However when using in another DAW (Reason) these keys work just fine.

When using Analog Lab 3 standalone, everything works as it should. The only problems I have are when it is used in Ableton. Also should be noted that when used in Reason, Analog Lab keyboard does not respond to the software at all but all the keys do work. I have currently been at this for hours trying to resolve and have followed every direction online to fix this, including firmware updates and step by step guides on the Arturia website.

Would like to hear any thoughts or possible solutions, any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks all,

Chris

EDIT: Also the Pitch wheel is controlling the volume of the individual tracks in Ableton and randomly it just starts panning the tracks.

I'm having similar issues in that certian keys triggering ablerton functions.
I've made sure I'm using the correct settings and the correct map template for analogue 4 in my use case but the keys wont play their notes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZCWIKMuoEk&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 11:01:34 am by roberto101 »

Esteban Gottfried

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2023, 10:08:26 pm »
Hi,

Try to delete the first slot. Only the DAW In/Out ports should be used for the control surface script. It should solve the issue I think.

Regards,

Matthieu
having the same problem exactly. how did myou solve it?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines