April 25, 2024, 06:53:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How does Analog Lab work, technically?  (Read 2496 times)

AuD

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
How does Analog Lab work, technically?
« on: April 30, 2018, 07:55:34 pm »
Hi there,

first a quick shoutout to Arturia - I recently purchased V Collection 6 and it is so damn amazing, I can't believe it. The few Youtube Videos and reviews about it don't really cut it - each single instrument in the collection is of such high quality, I'm extremely happy. I was expecting a few "ok" synths but in general more of a mixed bag. It's quite the opposite.

I've been using the synths as single VSTs yet, but now I saw that I can use all synths within Keylab - that would give me a huge advantage of not having to map all synths in Studio One to my Controller but instead could just map Keylab and be finished for the main controls.

But this also raised a question for me: How does Keylab work under the hood? Has it all the synths "integrated" codewise or does it load them as VST internally? The question is important to me, cause I'm creating complex tracks with lots of plugins and need to be aware of CPU usage.

Thanks,
AuD. 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 09:20:36 pm by AuD »

LBH

Re: How does Keylab work, technically?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 08:15:46 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I've been using the synths as single VSTs yet, but now I saw that I can use all synths within Keylab
"Within" - Where have you seen that? Are you sure it was within the hardware controller Keylab?

AuD

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: How does Analog Lab work, technically?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 09:20:15 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

"Within" - Where have you seen that? Are you sure it was within the hardware controller Keylab?

Thanks!

Sorry, I've mistaken that. It's not Keylab but "Analog Lab 3". I've launched it in standalone mode and saw all the synths from V collection are inside, playable and mapped. I didn't try it in a DAW yet. So this doesn't actually work?

AuD

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 09:23:47 pm »
Strange, I cannot load Analog Lab 3 as VST3 in Studio One. There's no error message and no Track is created.

LBH

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 09:51:27 pm »
So this doesn't actually work?
I think it does. Why not? I don't have a Arturia controller. The AL3 manual does'nt make any differences between the standalone version and the plug-ins. Just try it out.

AL3 have a engine for each instrument. But you can also load the individual instruments inside AL3 to edit sounds. Not sure what you mean by working technically.

Strange, I cannot load Analog Lab 3 as VST3 in Studio One. There's no error message and no Track is created.
I have no problem loading AL3 as a VST3 in Studio One 3 professionel.
What's the error message?
Are you loading in a new empty song?

AuD

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 10:35:31 am »
What's the error message?

Are you loading in a new empty song?
What difference would that make?

I reinstalled Analog Lab but things didn't change, I can't load it as VST2 in Maschine or VST3 in Studio One. I can load all other instruments without a problem. I also can launch & use Analog Lab 3 Standalone just fine.

No, I don't have an Arturia Keyboard, just the V Collection.

LBH

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 03:15:59 pm »
Sorry i misread about the error message. Read it like you did have one.

To make it short - It's allways a good idea, to try things in a new empty song, if you have issues. This can rule out, that it's nothing in the song, that create the error. If it turns out, it's only in an old song there are errors, then that can be examined. Did you try to load in an empty song?

I can say, that i have a similar issue with NIs Absynth Mono version in Studio One. It load, but a channel is'nt created in AL3 even if a track is. It's only the mono version that fail. But i know i'm not the only one having this issue. The issue have been verified by others. I have not seen anyone have this issue with AL3 before.
I can't say what's wrong. It can be both the DAW and AL3 that causes the error i guess.

How did you reinstall AL3? Some things need to be uninstalled manually. Here is an FQA about How to properly uninstall an Arturia software: https://www.arturia.com/faq/installation/uninstall-remove-a-software
Arturia support may be able to be more specific.

Perhaps Presonus support can help. They might tell you to reinstall Studio One and/ or delete some files.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 03:17:32 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines