March 29, 2024, 06:43:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: After my laptop CD drive broke down, I can't use the original CD when requested  (Read 13102 times)

2600user

I have a legitimate bought copy of ARP 2600 installed on my old Mac Powerbook G4. It's a great sounding piece of software. But one day, the CD drive broke down (which happens in old Powerbooks). Soon after, ARP 2600 asked for the original CD to be inserted.

I have the original CD, but as the drive is dead, the programme refuses to work, as it can't 'find' the CD.

I have several good external CD/DVD drives that can connect via USB or firewire: when inserted in these, the original CD shows up nicely on my powerbook's desktop - I can browse the contents etc. But the 'looking for original CD' process ignores external drives completely. It just keeps trying to access the dead internal drive.

What do I do now ? Is there any way to 'tell' ARP 2600 to look at external drives ? Installing a new drive in the Powerbook will be much more expensive than what I paid for the ARP license, so that's not an option.

Thanks in advance
Martin in Sweden

LBH

Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I think you have an old ARP2600 V. I'm not sure how things worked at that time. I have never used disks to install Arturia software. I suggest you contact Arturia support directly. You can't  be sure Arturia will answer you here.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines