March 28, 2024, 10:05:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Transpose "Toggle" mode for both "transpose" pad and "note" pads  (Read 2474 times)

zedius

On the Minibrute SE you could transpose the sequence by holding different keys. I would often hold a low key, octave up while that low key kept playing, and then hit a higher key to toss in some improvised high flourishes in my sequence.

It is difficult to work this way on the 2S because you must always hold the transpose pad with your right hand as you transpose note pads with your left. Additionally the notes with the left hand keep the transposition when you release pressure.

Don't get me wrong, I really like both of those features for some circumstances; however in order to play as I did on my SE I would need to be able to hit the Transpose pad and have it stay on without holding it, and then hit a note pad and have it stay on only while holding it.

To sum up, I would like to see the following modes:

Transpose Pad: Momentary (current implementation) OR Toggle
Note Pad: Keep transposition (current implementation) OR Momentary

Thanks!

vykaar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Transpose "Toggle" mode for both "transpose" pad and "note" pads
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 05:29:56 pm »
Yes those features would be useful and I would like a local off option so the pads don't accidentally trigger notes which spoil the sequence when I am changing last note and transpose when sequencing.
I always use the sequencer and rarely want to play the synth with the pads.

svmcwd

• https://steppenwolfvonmensch.bandcamp.com/
Re: Transpose "Toggle" mode for both "transpose" pad and "note" pads
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 06:18:20 pm »
Those pads are a horrid keyboard anyway. The transpose mode should stay once it's activated, not only when working the synth with both hands. Like, often times it'd be better to have a free hand for other things, and it's very workflow killing to need both hands for a simple pitch change.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 09:34:07 pm by svmcwd »
Veganism rules.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines