March 28, 2024, 10:32:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cannot store Controller Map on device  (Read 1048 times)

abeldebeer

Cannot store Controller Map on device
« on: April 18, 2018, 03:14:09 pm »
Hello,

I'd like to disable the velocity of the pads on the BSP, but I'm not able to store the Controller Map on the device.

I've just updated my MCC to v1.7.1.506 (through auto-update) and my BSP firmware to 2.0.1.0.
I've also performed a hard reset of the BSP, because I read that can solve / prevent issues after doing a firmware update.

I set the min / max velocity on each pad to 126 / 127 with the Controller Map.
Then I saved this custom configuration so that it appears in the Project Browser.
Next, I dragged the newly created configuration from the Project Browser to the Device Projects..
The MCC software says "Sending configuration to device" and I wait until it completes.
Unfortunately when I play the pads they still have the 1 - 127 velocity.
I am trying this with the Volca Bass.

Is there anything I'm not doing correctly?
Is there a better way of disabling the velocity or configuring it so that it is always at a fixed amount?
I am aware of the "Set value for all active steps" option, but I'd prefer to just have no velocity at all.

Computer specs: MacBook Pro El Capitan.

Thanks in advance!

Abel

EDIT: I've just updated to the unofficial 2.0.1.1 version of the firmware posted in this topic: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=92630.0
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 03:16:03 pm by abeldebeer »

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
Re: Cannot store Controller Map on device
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 03:28:21 pm »
Hi abeldebeer,
I've also performed a hard reset of the BSP, because I read that can solve / prevent issues after doing a firmware update.
Only needed when performing update from firmware pre 2.0.0.2 to post 2.0.0.2 and when MCC was not up to date at this time. After v2.0.0.2, Factory Reset should not be required.

I set the min / max velocity on each pad to 126 / 127 with the Controller Map.
This applies only to CONTROL MODE (not to SEQUENCER 1/2 and DRUM).

Regards,
Y.

abeldebeer

Re: Cannot store Controller Map on device
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 03:43:51 pm »
Really? So no way to disable / fix velocity on the pads?
That's a missed opportunity if you ask me, it would be a great addition to the device!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines