March 28, 2024, 10:26:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ableton live light and Analog Lab 3  (Read 4615 times)

cvp1969

Ableton live light and Analog Lab 3
« on: April 16, 2018, 04:24:32 pm »
I can not get Analog Lab 3 to show in my Plug ins in Ableton Live Light- I set the custom folder to VSTPlugins, and that folder contains Analog Lab 3 .dll nothing happens when I rescan.

Am I missing something?

gphantom

Re: Ableton live light and Analog Lab 3
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 05:34:33 pm »
I know I had the problem of deciding which vst folders to use since I have several windows (Win7 on drive C, Win10 on drive U) and wanted the vsts from both as well as others so, I created a single folder "ALLvsts" and copied the ones I wanted there and then set it up in Ableton.
Go to "Options"
then select "Preferences"
then click on "Files Folder" tab
At the bottom, click on the "Browse" button, select the folder (Like ALLvsts) or what have you.
then don't forget the button above (Use VST Plug-in Custom Folder) and set it to ON
and if necessary, click on the RESCAN button.  That should do it.
If not, try existing Ableton then restart the program.  You should see the instruments in Plug-ins

LBH

Re: Ableton live light and Analog Lab 3
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 06:57:03 pm »
I agree it's absolutely good to check the paths.

But copying plugins to another folder than the one where they are being installed is imho not a good idea. Every time you update plug-ins you'll have to copy the plugins to that folder, if that folder is'nt the install folder.
Installing the plug-ins directly to the folder/s where the DAW look for plug-ins is better, no matter which paths it's set to read. I assume you can select multiple paths for your DAW to read. Then updating plug-ins does'nt require you to copy anything. You just have to run the update process.

Perhaps this helps the OP further: https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209071729-Recommendations-for-using-VST-plug-ins-on-Windows
There are links for more help too on that page.
Perhaps your issue is about using system or custom folder. You write "Custom" for a path that might be "System" folder. Check it out, as i don't use Ableton.

Keep in mind that VST3 plug-ins usually are stored on another path than the VST2s. On Windows VST3 are installed on a fixed path.
I don't use Ableton, but different DAW's handle this different from others.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines