March 28, 2024, 01:18:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog lab 3 knobs dont match with mk2 knobs  (Read 2467 times)

retribution

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Analog lab 3 knobs dont match with mk2 knobs
« on: April 12, 2018, 08:42:50 am »
Hi everyone,
ı have bought a mk2. I am fresh on this area. I have never used a keyboard or midi before. Actually i am drummer. Anyway, i have installed software center and then minilab lite. First time i opened the software it doesnt recognize mk2 so i click the midi buton on right-top side and matced the knobs one by one. But then i have figured it out and selected mk2 as a midi. When i am on part 1 instrument, knobs work  unless i dont change the function of knob (such as knob 2 was referred volume but i changed it to lfo). On the other hand, when i am on part 2 or live, knobs work still on part 1. Did i disorder somethings? And also, i can change knobs position exemplary i set the keyboard default and click midi button that i hvae mentioned above then click knob 3 on lab lite and rotate knob 9 on mk2, now they are matched. But when i select again mk2 as a midi keyboard on bottom selection window the knobs dont turn their position and still 9 command 2. Can you help me please? I didnt upgrade lab lite so all of those happens because of it? Also the editing option doesnt seem on the virtual machine when i am on it. Is there anyone know why they happen?
-why knobs dont match
-why knobs dont work on part2 and live

LBH

Re: Analog lab 3 knobs dont match with mk2 knobs
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 02:56:17 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I don't know if i can help.

But have you followed the manuals to set up you Minilab MKII and your Analog Lab? How is your settings in your Analog Labs audio and MIDI setup page?
Also download the MIDI Control Center software and it's manual.
I suggest you read in all the manuals first. Here is the download page: https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

AFAIK then Analog Lab should recognize your controller and set the selector in the lower toolbar of Analog Lab to Minilab MKII. This way you controller should work out of the box. The Midi learn icon is'nt visible in this mode, as you can't use it in this mode.
When you select "Default" as controller, then it's another setup, than using the Minilab MKII. So switching between the 2 setiings will give different results.

If Analog Lab does'nt recognize your controller automaticly and set the controller selector to Minilab MKII, then perhaps it's an error in Analog labs Audio and Midi settings.

Return if this and reading the manuals does'nt help.

retribution

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 04:40:59 pm »
Thank you for your response.  :) I have loaded analog lab first and then midi control center. I have already readed manuals and couldnt find a solution. All steps and other settings become like in the manuals. By the way, i am a mac user. Should i delete and reinstall the analog lab or is there any reset settting for analog lab? Also, can this be caused by limited version which arturia offers to get full version for 29€.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 05:18:29 pm »
AFAIK it should'nt be possible to change the MKII assignments, when you use the MKII layout in Analog Lab.
But sometimes a re'install does help. https://www.arturia.com/faq/installation/uninstall-remove-a-software

Some of your quetions i can't answer. I don't know about the limited versions. I suggest you contact Arturia support directly.

retribution

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 06:37:18 pm »
I have uninstalled and now reinstall it. If i solve the problem I will write here. Thank you for your reply, again. I hope I can solve.

edit: I have reinstall it and the problem solved yihuuuuuu  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 06:43:31 pm by retribution »

LBH

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 06:50:47 pm »
Great retribution.

Thanks for reporting back. Have fun. :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines