March 19, 2024, 04:25:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequencer restart  (Read 3405 times)

poly steinerpark

Sequencer restart
« on: April 13, 2018, 10:02:41 pm »
Is it possible to restart/retrig the Easel sequencer (EDIT: "Sequential Voltage Source") on each NOTE ON message for example  ?
I have been trying but i didn't find the way.

If not, i think it would be a nice feature to add... very usefull to force a sequence to loop in a 4/4 project for example.

regard

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 02:50:54 pm by poly steinerpark »

LBH

Re: Sequencer restart
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 12:36:18 am »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Do you mean the "Right Hand" Sequencer, then you can use the "Once" and "Loop" mode to have the sequence to go to step one at each note on event.

If you mean the "Sequential Voltage Source", then it's not possible.
I too would like it as an option as i in some situations have found it would have been useful to have, even if it perhaps is'nt the idea in this performance synth where shifting the step numbers while playing and all sorts off random behaviors and so on is meant to be used.

The  "Sequential Voltage Source"  does behave odd when used in a loop in a DAW though. It jump at each loop return. I think this is a malfunction. The first note played in a DAW after starting the DAW should play step one i believe. But in a loop this seems to go wrong. Perhaps in other situations too.

Using Keyboard as triggers might be the solution for as full control as possible in a DAW, but require another workmethod.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 12:46:30 am by LBH »

poly steinerpark

Re: Sequencer restart
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 02:58:52 pm »
Thanks you for your answer.
Indeed, i meant the analog Sequential Voltage Source.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines