March 28, 2024, 11:26:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: transport buttons  (Read 3859 times)

bg

• Beta-testers
transport buttons
« on: April 12, 2018, 07:13:39 pm »
Hello. A presales question please:
Do the 6 six transport buttons transmit MMC (MIDI Machine Control)?

LBH

Re: transport buttons
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 07:36:16 pm »
I don't think so.
From the manual:
2.10. DAW Command Center
The output of the DAW Command Center can be toggled between MCU and HUI protocols
within the MCC.

But

According to the manual the pads and the sustain pedal seems to be able to send MMC Start, Stop and Record, but i don't know if that's the same. I suggest you contact Arturia sale or support if needed.

From the manual:
3.3.5. Pad MMC
This simple option lets you use any of KeyLab Essential’s pads as an MMC command button.
• MMC: Choose between the 3 MMC options available for the pads: Start, Stop, and Record.

bg

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 08:42:18 pm »
Thanks for the reply LBH. Appreciate it, and I think you're right. I should have believed the manual! And I see in the manual about toggling between MCU and HUI protocols. This leads me to my real question:  :)

I'm interested in getting a KeyLab Essential to work with Apple MainStage. I don't want to use the KLE transport buttons for their intended purpose. Rather, I want to MIDI learn the buttons in MainStage so I can map them in MainStage to other functions. So the question is, can MainStage or Logic MIDI learn KLE MCU commands?

If anyone could try this in MS or Logic I'd be grateful.

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 09:36:04 am »
Hi,

Unfortunately the transport buttons can not be mapped. They are only used to send MCU/HUI messages. I already logged a feature request about this subject but there is no Firmware update planned at the moment.

Regards,

Matthieu

bg

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 08:21:41 pm »
Thanks, Matt. Yes, allowing the 6 transport buttons to send cc's or fixed MMC commands would be a great improvement, and make KLE even more competitive.

troud lafee

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 05:28:37 pm »
Hello guys,

Just wanted to chip in... I am using Mixcraft Pro Studio 9 and the transport buttons do not work with the Arturia Keylab Essential 61 controller.

That's really unfortunate as it appears to me that a small firmware change would allow the transport buttons to me mapped (as they cannot be mapped at all, at this time).

Please Arturia, can you change this in a future firmware? That would make the controller even better and open up a whole new user base that use Mixcraft Pro Studio as their DAW in a Windows environment.

Thanks! MERCI!!!

LBH

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2019, 06:16:39 pm »
Hello guys,

Just wanted to chip in... I am using Mixcraft Pro Studio 9 and the transport buttons do not work with the Arturia Keylab Essential 61 controller.

That's really unfortunate as it appears to me that a small firmware change would allow the transport buttons to me mapped (as they cannot be mapped at all, at this time).

Please Arturia, can you change this in a future firmware? That would make the controller even better and open up a whole new user base that use Mixcraft Pro Studio as their DAW in a Windows environment.

Thanks! MERCI!!!
I don't use Mixcraft. But in the manual for Mixcraft 9 i can see in section "USING NATIVELY SUPPORTED HARDWARE CONTROLLERS" that Mixcraft use MCU. So i would think you should have no issue, if you beside setting up the keyboard as a controller also set it up as a Mackie MCU controller.
Have you looked in Mixcrafts manual?

Keylab Essential use MCU and HUI protocols. MCU is the newest.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines