March 28, 2024, 02:55:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Poly-Chain aka "MIDI spill over"  (Read 1839 times)

aWc

• Apprentice
    • aWc
Poly-Chain aka "MIDI spill over"
« on: April 11, 2018, 07:20:42 pm »
Would be a fantastic addition to the MatrixBrute!
The goal would be to expand polyphony when playing the Brute's keyboard using some other MIDI (or CV) gear.
Could  work  adding a software toggle to the Brute's MIDI out (or maybe temporarily overriding MIDI through?).
Could use the following rule, where n is the number of keys pressed on the MB:

Notes only output by MIDI when:
(1) in Monophonic Mode : n > 1
(2) in Paraphonic Mode  :  n > 3
(3) in Duo-Split  Mode (upper keyboard)  : n > 1
                                  (lower keyboard) : n >  1 or ?

aWc

• Apprentice
    • aWc
Re: Poly-Chain aka "MIDI spill over"
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 06:58:37 pm »
Hummm...no takers....Seems to me this would be ideal for adding Arturia's own Mini Brute 2S to an MB (provided one has any money left ;). Myself, I am getting a Neutron as soon as it's available. I plan to pair the monster MB with the little Neutron (imagine the patching possibilities!) and would love to play the Neutron in that "poly-chain" mode from the MB's keys (see previous post). Maybe there is software that can do that?

aWc

• Apprentice
    • aWc
Re: Poly-Chain aka "MIDI spill over"
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 07:45:04 pm »
Don't want to make a habit of answering my own posts, but I found a utility called Polymer (macOS) that seems to be able to do exactly what I had in mind, i.e. I would be able to set midi channels and devices such as: MatrixBrute keyboard plays MatrixBrute up to 3 held notes (in Paraphonic Mode), next two notes get sent to another synth (my putative Neutron) so I get a paraphonic 5-note analog monster.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines