April 25, 2024, 10:10:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MC-505 & MiniBrute; MIDI questions...  (Read 1818 times)

mdnperkins

MC-505 & MiniBrute; MIDI questions...
« on: April 09, 2018, 02:44:54 am »
I'm really new to the MIDI game, and I have a couple of things I was curious about. I've checked some previous posts, and I think I found some answers, but I want to confirm my findings.

My current setup uses the MC-505 as a master for sequencing, and so far I'm only using the 505's sequencer to play note information from the MiniBrute. I really enjoy using the pair together, but there's a couple of things missing that would really be awesome.

1. The 505 has a step-write recording feature, that records note, velocity and gate time. The note information works with no problem, and the gate time works for the most part. The gate can go up to %105, and can be used within the 505 to program 303-esque slides. I try to implement this with the MiniBrute, but there's no slide. Is it possible to send this information, or can I only adjust the glide manually?

2. Using the same feature, the velocity information doesn't translate. I was reading that the MiniBrute's keybed  is velocity sensitive, but the engine is not. The same applies to the accent function on the 505's arpeggiator. Does this mean that the MiniBrute cannot receive MIDI velocity values?

It would be awesome if I could pull both of these off, but it's not the end of the world if I can't.

Other than that, they really do pair well together, and I have greatly underestimated what both instruments are capable of!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines