March 29, 2024, 07:13:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Reported GUI issues that make CS80v3 look cheap.  (Read 2697 times)

jeffbart

Reported GUI issues that make CS80v3 look cheap.
« on: April 08, 2018, 03:52:39 am »
Now that this has been out nearly two years, here're some of the GUI issues reported since May 2016

GUI is so fuzzy, cannot read unless extra large. It needs to be sharper, higher contrast, like the ARP2600, maybe darker, graphite/black background like the real CS80 panel. Why is it brown?

GUI has tiny font. All that extra space gained from V2 you could use a way bigger, clearer font.

I+II l sync button legend implies it's enabled by tri/saw rocker. It's not.

Multi Zones 5, 6 7 and 8 are missing. They are named incorrectly as 1,2,3 4,1,2,3,4.

Footage numbering is musically incorrect. They should read 5 1/3, and 2 2/3  not  6 and 2.5.

Channel Footage labelling uses 1, and 2. Everywhere else uses I, II

The drop down selections for Zones, in 'Multi' are headed 'AFFECTE_VOIE1', 'AFFECTE_VOIE2'. All other drop downs are in English.

The grey push buttons do not indicate adequately if they are pushed in or out.

Sorry to bang on about this, but the CS80 is such a great sounding app, yet probably the worst GUI in the range, it needs some attention. It needs a UX person to review it, and a graphics expert to address the usability/visual clarity issue.

cheers Jeffrey

« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 03:26:23 am by jeffbart »
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

Squareleg

Re: Reported GUI issues that make CS80v3 look cheap.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 11:52:06 am »
While we're at it, PLEASE correct the spelling of the tuning knob.  It's COARSE not "course".  Thank you.

jeffbart

Re: Reported GUI issues that make CS80v3 look cheap.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 05:11:35 am »
I think that control is not a tuning knob, it is an 'amount of pitch bend on the ribbon' control.

So, the word 'course' is probably closer to 'range' than 'coarse' (which in this context would mean 'rough' as in 'not fine')

It's probably a poor translation of 'amount of travel' from french to english.

I'd suggest it be 'Range'.

--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines