March 29, 2024, 12:01:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sending program change from BSP  (Read 4823 times)

atte

• a773.dk
Sending program change from BSP
« on: April 07, 2018, 10:27:47 pm »
I was under the assumption that the BSP would send program change and/or sysex messages when switching patterns and projects, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Am I missing something?

Would this be possible to add to a future firmware? I can see me using this two ways:
1) linking my two BSPs so that changing pattern on one would make the other one follow
2) sending out a program change to external gear, when loading a new project.

Cheers

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Sending program change from BSP
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 05:35:57 am »
I was under the assumption that the BSP would send program change and/or sysex messages when switching patterns and projects, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Am I missing something?

Would this be possible to add to a future firmware? I can see me using this two ways:
1) linking my two BSPs so that changing pattern on one would make the other one follow
2) sending out a program change to external gear, when loading a new project.

Cheers

Hmm, I thought it did too.  Open MMC and turn on the MIDI monitor.  It'll show you what the BSP sends in real time, warts and all.  Change some patterns and other associated functions to do with sending progchanges and then grab that sysex and paste it into a MIDI controller to run as your prgchg code.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

atte

• a773.dk
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 10:02:39 am »
Thanks for chiming in!

Unfortunately, I don't see anyaction in the midi monitor, when changing project or pattern. I already had the same results (no midi action on changing patter/project) with two different midi monitor software connected to the BSP through the midi adapter + cable.

Any ideas?

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 08:14:21 pm »
Hi all,
Unfortunately, BSP does not send program changes.

Regards,
Y.

atte

• a773.dk
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 10:55:10 pm »
Ok, that explains a lot😀

Would it be possible to implements sending program change, with an option in MCC to select whats send on pattern load and project load?

Pedroconforti

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 06:58:29 am »
I REALLY don’t mean to be rude but I believe we should have a clear  answer for the question asked twice in this topic: would it be possible to address sending program changes from the BSP in a future firmware update? If NO them I will look for another sequencer, because i believe it is essential for sequencing and programming a hardware based live set. As many people,I assumed it could do it and now i see that unfortunately it does not fill the role I thought it would. So, please, make it clear if this is something we could expect it to do in a nearby future or not so I can decide what to do. Thanks.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 07:01:00 pm »
Hi You can set up a program change from the control . bt this would only be a manual change using a knob. you will also need to know the type of program change you want to use it on.
please search the forum for answers as this has been discussed many times over the years.

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines