April 16, 2024, 08:28:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 88 Velocity Curves???  (Read 13478 times)

rowthorn

• Apprentice
Keylab 88 Velocity Curves???
« on: April 07, 2018, 05:54:47 pm »
I have a new Keylab 88 and want to find information about the Velocity Curve settings. The Keylab and Midi Control Center manuals have nothing specific. The Arturia website has no information either.
I find that the keyboard action is somewhat heavy overall and was hoping that changes to Velocity curves might help lighten it up especially for piano patches.
Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
JR

Kmelty

Re: Keylab 88 Velocity Curves???
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 02:45:29 am »
Any info on this? 

DSGN

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Keylab 88 Velocity Curves???
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 09:39:31 pm »
Assuming you're talking about using one of the global velocity curves that you can select on the controller itself, as you move up in the numbers, it becomes more aggressively leaning toward high velocity (so a curve that looks like a hill instead of a valley, sorry if there's some more technical term, I'm not sure). 5 feels straight diagonal to me.

Being a player that likes a bit more expressiveness on the low-velocity side of things, a lot of soft subtlety, I've found 4 to be perfect for me. I can also say that after probably 7 or eight nights of multi-hour playing, I've either gotten very used to the resistance provided by the keybed or it's softened up quite a bit (my guess is a combination of both). Plays like a dream now.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines