April 20, 2024, 04:16:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ableton Live and BSP cv connections  (Read 1139 times)

NickG

• Apprentice
Ableton Live and BSP cv connections
« on: April 03, 2018, 03:53:05 pm »
Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help me with this problem.

I've been using the bsp and Ableton for some time now to record and playback via midi to two sequencers and Roland aira tr8 and it all works great.

I've recently added some modular gear and started using the bsp cv connections for gate and pitch to connect it. Again, it all works great when playing sequences on the modular with sequencer 1 & 2 directly from the bsp.

My next step was to playback some of my recorded midi tracks in ableton using the modular as my output device instead of the synths. This has not been as successful. At first it would hang the bsp after about 30 seconds of playback. I've tried various configuration settings in ableton preferences. I must be getting close to an answer (or maybe not) as it will now play for anything up to 5 minutes but ultimately it hangs the bsp up and I have to reboot the bsp to play anything again.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Also I've noticed that I need to use the ground loop cable when connecting with cv cables to eliminate ground hum which wasn't an issue when using the midi connections. The only problem here is that when connected this way, ableton refuses to playback or record through the bsp.

I'm not much of a techy and all my success is trial and error so I would be grateful if anyone who has experience of this and can suggest a remedy.

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
Re: Ableton Live and BSP cv connections
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 11:54:25 am »
Hi NickG,
Have updated BSP to the last firmware?

The only problem here is that when connected this way, ableton refuses to playback or record through the bsp.
On the cable, there is a PWR side (power) and a PC side (computer). You may have inverted them.

Regards,
Y.

NickG

• Apprentice
Re: Ableton Live and BSP cv connections
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 05:53:04 pm »
Hi I grec,

Thanks for responding.

Yes, I have got the latest firmware installed.

I recently reset the bsp and I haven't stored any sequences lately so maybe I'll try resetting it again as the last time was before I encountered this problem.

I did check I had the PC and power connections in correctly but the light is not good where I have it set up at the moment as my work station is partially dismantled due to the new modular gear arriving (still waiting on a Rackbrute 6U to arrive to complete the layout so I've not got it organized properly yet lol) so I'll double check that tonight.

As soon as funds are available I intend to get a couple of Doepfer Dark Links so I can connect the modular with two midi cable connections instead so hopefully it won't be an issue for long. It's just a little frustrating not knowing why it's happening and I wondered if it's a problem anybody else has encountered and knew a fix.

Thanks again.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines