March 28, 2024, 07:09:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Any way to adjust pad sensitivity?  (Read 10843 times)

mettal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Any way to adjust pad sensitivity?
« on: April 02, 2018, 06:37:17 pm »
I'm trying to figure out a way to adjust the sensitivity of the pads, so that when I touch a pad, it will always play at the maximum velocity / volume. I know it is possible to adjust the velocity in the sequencer with the knobs, but I am interested in playing live with a Volca Keys over a sequenced drum pattern. Adjusting the minimum velocity setting in MCC also doesn't seem to have the desired effect either.

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
Re: Any way to adjust pad sensitivity?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 11:59:46 am »
Hi mettal,
You need to be in Control Mode for the settings to take effect.

Regards,
Y.

mettal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 08:37:19 pm »
Hi I grec,

Thanks for your response, but I am still confused about how to make the desired changes, so I'll go into a little more detail on my setup and what I am trying to do.

I have a volca keys connected via MIDI cable to Sequencer 1, using MIDI channel 1. When the button for "Sequencer 1" is highlighted on my Beatstep Pro, the pads light up simulating the keys on a keyboard, and I can press the pads and get my volca keys to play the corresponding notes. But when I press the pads in this mode, the notes will play quieter or louder from the volca keys, depending on how hard I press on the pads. I am looking for a way to make it so that when in "Sequencer 1" mode the volca keys will play notes at the maximum volume every time, whether I press the pads hard or soft. The velocity settings under

Can you give me a step-by-step of what I need to configure in the Midi Control Center application to get this setup?

Sorry I am so new to working with MIDI controllers but I really love the Beatstep pro.

mettal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 08:43:56 pm »
So I just figured out that I can set the pads in control mode to map to the volca keys midi channel, send notes, and get the desired sensitivity in that mode - but is there any way to change the minimum and maximum velocity when pressing the pads in either of the sequencer modes?

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 11:37:43 am »
Hi mettal,
So I just figured out that I can set the pads in control mode to map to the volca keys midi channel, send notes, and get the desired sensitivity in that mode
Yes that is the way you can manage to do what you want.

but is there any way to change the minimum and maximum velocity when pressing the pads in either of the sequencer modes?
At the moment, there is no way to do that in sequencer mode, with BeatStep Pro alone.

Regards,
Y.

yekuku

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 12:22:23 pm »
but is there any way to change the minimum and maximum velocity when pressing the pads in either of the sequencer modes?
At the moment, there is no way to do that in sequencer mode, with BeatStep Pro alone.

Regards,
Y.

Sorry for reviving this old thread,
but it seems that there is absolutely  no way  of changing the pad velocity when playing/ recording  SEQ1 or SEQ2 (not Control mode)   in  MCC software .
Can you please confirm if this is  possible or not ?
If it is not , are there any plans for firmware update in order to fix this issue ? :-\
I highly dislike the sensitivity of the pads , I would prefer a fixed pad velocity option .
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 12:29:14 pm by yekuku »

retrophit

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 02:56:29 am »
^^^ this!  Please make the happen.  It's nearly unusable with my System 1 as-is.

Naterade77

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 07:41:44 pm »
I agree!   How can this thing be this awesome yet have such flaws at the same time.  It make everything such a pain in that butt!  Arturia please fix this!  It’s just an update!!!

allreddv

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2019, 08:09:40 am »
+1 vote for this.

ma_headphone

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2020, 11:26:32 am »
+1

notthesame

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2023, 10:13:31 am »
+1 I cant believe this works like this....Why, How please explain. The sequencers are next to unusable with the Volca Keys as it is. Or is there any workaround that doesn't involve using the Volcas sequencer?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines