March 29, 2024, 10:07:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Master tuning options for every plugin  (Read 7611 times)

MCMorrise

• Apprentice
Master tuning options for every plugin
« on: March 30, 2018, 02:52:55 am »
I know most of the world tunes to A @ 440 Hz, but I've had clients from the Philippines and other countries where they tune to A432. In case you haven't had to worry about alternate tuning frequencies, let me tell you now that it is a huge nuisance to not have a master tune setting in every plugin.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 11:45:52 pm by MCMorrise »

LBH

Re: Master tuning options for every plugin
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 05:38:00 am »
Yes. Please read this: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=87968.0
It have been wished even before this.

Now we can add the VC6 application Buchla Easel to the list of applications where a Master tuning is missing, mainly when using Buchlas Quantize settings i suppose.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 05:49:37 am by LBH »

MCMorrise

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 11:45:24 pm »
Bump. This is relevant since a recent thread brought up scala tuning support!

gmo13dunes

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 11:43:27 pm »
Wait, are you telling me that not all SW instruments have even a master tuning function?  Unbelievable!

And I thought that not having microtuning capabilities was enough of an issue, but master tuning is a must.

Please hire some more programmers and get this on a fast-track development schedule.  Thanks!

Hayden76

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 07:13:08 pm »
Absolutely this is a must. I also create music in 432Hz so this is an essential feature that will be greatly appreciated.  :)

LBH

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 08:20:15 pm »
In addition to this https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=87968.0 (The thread seems to be locked for new posts.) then B3 V2 and Stage 73 V have got master tuning. And Piano V2 actually also have a master tuning called Global Tension.

Applications without a master tuning now is:
1. Analog Lab - Don't know if this is possible. But for the applications that have a easy master tuning it could be added quite easy i guess.
2. Farfisa V - Each of the 12 notes can be tuned individually. But a master tuning would still be nice to have.
3. Solina V2
4. Vox Continental V2 - Each of the 12 notes can be tuned individually.
5. Wurli V2
6. Buchla V
7. Synthi V
8. Mellotron - There are some sample tunings availble. But a master tuning would if possible still be nice to have.
9. CMI V - - There are some sample tunings availble. But a master tuning would if possible still be nice to have.
- Have i forgot any applications  in V-Collection 7? I don't think so.

So most of the applications does have tuning possibilities in some way or another allready.

I think all applications have hold now.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 09:13:23 pm by LBH »

MCMorrise

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 08:10:16 am »
Bump for clout

subhapindiproli

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2020, 02:38:02 pm »
NOTE: It is absolutely VEXING that I have to type in the unreadable Verification letters for each reply or posting.  The Arturia board should make this a little easier. That is my 1st gripe.

I wanted to specifically reply to threads regarding tuning to 432 Hz, or also Fine Tuning down to -32 semitones or cents, which is possible.
I have other VSTs. 
1. Omnisphere 2 allows me to change the Master Frequency to 432 Hz.  It is under System Tab. Furthermore I have edited the Settings Default.xml for Omnisphere and changed as follows:
   zelda:Omnisphere subha$ grep 432 Defaults/User\ Settings.xml
 <NVP  NAME="MasterTune"  VALUE="432.00000" >
  zelda:Omnisphere subha$

2. I have Mini V3 where I can set Tune to -32 semitones.
3. PreSonus Studio One 5.1 instruments I can make this change.

Is it possible to edit the XML file and change the Pitch (wheel) default to -32 semitones.  Which XML file can we edit.  What is the parameter value?
I think that would address the problem.

It seem you cannot even set a value for Pitch bend to 1 or 2 or 1/2 note.   

A workaround I tried is to Automate the Pitch bend in my Daw and change the value to match 432 Hz.  That seem to work.  However that is a little to cumbersome. 

So, if anyone know what the exact XML "NAME" we need to modify that would be a starting point.  I think i would look at Arturia Keylab Essentials XML to begin with - the Global settings.

I have Arturia Keylab.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines