April 17, 2024, 01:30:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Right side of panel has gone blank!  (Read 2213 times)

tp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Right side of panel has gone blank!
« on: March 28, 2018, 10:32:08 pm »
Something terrible has happened: the right side of my MatrixBrute panel-- everything to the right of the matrix-- has gone completely blank and none of those controls are now working. This is very distressing! Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any ideas what might help? I've turned it off/on but to no avail.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Right side of panel has gone blank!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 01:26:45 am »
That right hand panel is a separate circuit board - one of four panel boards (the left hand panel on two boards, the matrix and the right hand panel). If nothing else, the fault is most likely pretty well isolated. It could be the power to that board not getting through, or a fault on the board itself. Does the rest of the synth work and produce sound? With some luck it could be easily fixable, like e.g. a bad connection or replacing just that one board.

If your synth is still covered by warranty, I recommend having it serviced. If it's out of warranty and you're comfortable servicing your own gear, you could open it up and check that the connections are good  before sending it in (it's connected by three small bridge boards, one for power and two for signals), or even getting a new right hand panel board if Arturia provides an option for self servicing.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 04:09:30 am by DrJustice »

tp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 03:08:48 am »
Thanks. Yes, the rest of the synth works and produces sound. I may still be under warranty-- is it a year? I will contact customer support and hope for the best. Pray for me, and hold your Brutes close tonight!

tp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 03:54:05 pm »
My Brute is back! Technical support suggested I try reinstalling the firmware, and though I wasn't confident that it would help, that did the trick.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 04:32:18 pm »
Great news! Now, that was an easy fix if there ever was one :)

I'm surprised by the failure mode though... Did the panel 'die' after a previous firmware install (there is a microcontroller on that board), or just suddenly without any connection to any special action?

tp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 04:44:14 pm »
Nope, it was out of the blue-- I was pressing some buttons in the sequencer section and it just blacked out all of the sudden.

mylorman

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 11:34:45 am »
Hiya .. I just had the same problem occur .. the sequencer area has just gone blank and none of the controls to the right of the matrix work including the volume and effects knobs .. the matrixbrute is playing sounds but seems to be stuck in some sort of arpeggiator mode... I have powered off the unit and waited for a minute before powering it back on and nothing changed ... I have tried re programming the firmware with the latest version but it gets stuck and wont allow the firmware update !!! eeeeek HELP ME PLEASE ARTURIA !!!

mylorman

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2019, 12:00:03 pm »
Hiya .. I just had the same problem occur .. the sequencer area has just gone blank and none of the controls to the right of the matrix work including the volume and effects knobs .. the matrixbrute is playing sounds but seems to be stuck in some sort of arpeggiator mode... I have powered off the unit and waited for a minute before powering it back on and nothing changed ... I have tried re programming the firmware with the latest version but it gets stuck and wont allow the firmware update !!! eeeeek HELP ME PLEASE ARTURIA !!!
I have just re-installed the firmware after a bootloader fail problem on the first attempt .. the screen has come back but the firmware version displayed by the midi control centre is 1.1.0  not 1.1.0.73 which is the firmware i just used to do the update ... Now I can't remember if the firmware displayed after the update to the latest I did some time ago was displayed as 1.1.09.73 or not in the midi control centre ... not sure now if the brute is stuck in a lower factory release firmware or whether in fact it did indeed update to 1.1.0.73   ... Any suggestions ?

mylorman

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2019, 12:04:55 pm »
I have just re-installed the firmware after a bootloader fail problem on the first attempt .. the screen has come back but the firmware version displayed by the midi control centre is 1.1.0  not 1.1.0.73 which is the firmware i just used to do the update ... Now I can't remember if the firmware displayed after the update to the latest I did some time ago was displayed as 1.1.09.73 or not in the midi control centre ... not sure now if the brute is stuck in a lower factory release firmware or whether in fact it did indeed update to 1.1.0.73   ... Any suggestions ?

OK Just pressed Hold Play and seq length and the firmware shown on the ARP screen is the .73 version ... phewwwww .. trap for young players ..... anyhoo ... still not sure what the heck caused the problem in the first place .. was just pressing keys in the sequencer area and the screen just went blank ... is ARTURIA aware of this  bug and is it being addressed in the firmware update ?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines