April 19, 2024, 10:12:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minilab or Minilab MkII? Is there really a difference?  (Read 7615 times)

damnedcat777

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Noise noise noise.
Minilab or Minilab MkII? Is there really a difference?
« on: December 26, 2016, 08:08:13 pm »
I am a PROUD and LOVING Arturia user (Spark CDM, Minibrute, KeyLab, iSpark, SparkLE, and now soon a Minilab, too).  MY QUESTION NOW: is there a difference between MiniLab and Minilab MkII?  Besides the updated keyboard?  I'm about to pull the trigger to use this on my new iPad Mini2 (which I LOVE), as my KeyLab and Spark CDM are on my MacBook Pro here at home, and I want something a lil more portable.

Anyone got an opinion?  I'm gonna pull the trigger and buy in the next day or two or three.  BTW: Did I mention how much I LOVE this company???  Friggin' HELL - this is the COOLEST easiest NEATEST punkest LOUDEST rockingest SOUNDS & NOISES COMPANY this side of Dante's seventh circle: that I am SURE OF!!!!!!!!

Now, SELL US ARTURIA SHIRTS, HOODIES...  THE works!!!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 06:06:37 pm by damnedcat777 »
"Why do single coil pickups hum? Because they don't know the words"

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Minilab or Minilab MkII? Is there really a difference?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 10:26:29 am »
Hi Damnedcat777,
thanks for the kind words !

Sure, the overall and building has been improved on the minilab MkII : much more playable keyboard, better mod/pitch touchstrips and so on...
Runs perfectly on IOS devices. I used to test it on an ipad mini2 with our i-products without any issue.
Hope it helps for your choice.

damnedcat777

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Noise noise noise.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 12:53:34 pm »
Yes, yes it did.  After reading this I went ahead and bought the Mk II instead.  I also saw a video on YT that showed the improved build of the Mk II, and what appeared to be bigger keys, so, yeah, it was a no-brainer.  Can't wait to put my iSpark, Mk II and Mini 2 iPad in ONE small back pack on my next road trip.  even if it IS just one hour up the highway to the in-laws for a weekend.  Only so much of my father in law's insistence on watching the Hitler channel one guy can take (even on Xmas morning?  Yep) - can't stand his dominance over the TV, so now, instead, I'll write songs to his shite taste in cable.  My first tune?  turn off that fucking Hitler docudrama right now, u 2 pack a day soon-to-be-dead-from-cancer-mofo.  In B flat.

Thanks again!  LOVE all things Arturia.  Now, when are we gonna get the shirts & hoodies????  DYING to tell the world who else besides the St Louis Blues deserves to get sticker space on the back window of my 2007 santa fe (the one with the 660 watt stereo system).  And, oh yes: the Mk II will be put thru my car's sound system too!  Bet on that, bro.

What a year! Not only do I find out what an iPad is, I find out that both my beloved Spark and my Keylab have smaller (and cheaper) variants that can run ON my new found iPad mini 2: the iSpark and the MiniLab Mk II (yes, I already have a Spark CDM and a KeyLab 25 on my MacBook Pro).  Now I just got to put together enough material for that solo CD this spring.  Certainly got enough material, now that the monkeys have overrun our political zoo.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 12:59:39 pm by damnedcat777 »
"Why do single coil pickups hum? Because they don't know the words"

scottgee1

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 02:36:08 pm »
damnedcat777, I know this is an olde thread, but thank you for asking the question on my mind over a year later.

Where have you posted your CD?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines