March 19, 2024, 10:43:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab 3 not compatible with Ableton Live 10  (Read 9463 times)

jpattonstudio@gmail.com

Analog Lab 3 not compatible with Ableton Live 10
« on: March 27, 2018, 10:32:16 am »
Since updating both Analog Lab and Ableton Live to the latest versions, I am unable to get Analog Lab 3 to function in Live 10.  For a while, Analog Lab 3 was listed in my plugins, but when I would attempt to use it, I would get an error message that stated that Analog Lab 3 is not compatible with Live.  I have since tried uninstalling AL3 and reinstalling it on my system.  After a new scan, Ableton doesn't even recognize AL3 at all.  All of my plugins reside in the same folder on my hard drive and Ableton is correctly recognizing and loading every plugin in that folder except AL3.  I also use Studio One 3.5 and AL3 works fine there.  I have a Windows 10 system.

jblongz

• Multi-Engineer
    • JBlongz YouTube
Re: Analog Lab 3 not compatible with Ableton Live 10
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 03:52:26 pm »
I assume it may be Windows related as it works on Mac with Ableton 10. Try to run as standalone after installing before checking in Ableton.
MacBook Pro M1 MacOS13 16GB | Asus ProArt i7 12700H 64GB
V9 Collection | Live 11 | Logic X | Maschine MK3 | Cubase 12 | Bitwig 5

linmix

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 03:55:44 pm »
I have a similar issue. The stand-alone app works fine, but since I upgraded to Ableton 10 the VST no longer works properly.
Analog Lab 3 appears displaced to the lower left corner, and when I try to use a mouse to select options it reacts to clicks on the location the image should be. In other words, I need to click about 5 cm higher and a little to the right to select a function. In practice, this means I cannot use Analog Lab 3 anymore in Ableton 10.

I run Windows 10 x64

I see the original question is nearly a month old. Does it always take the Arturia Staff this long to reply?

LBH

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 04:34:42 pm »
I have a similar issue. The stand-alone app works fine, but since I upgraded to Ableton 10 the VST no longer works properly.
Analog Lab 3 appears displaced to the lower left corner, and when I try to use a mouse to select options it reacts to clicks on the location the image should be. In other words, I need to click about 5 cm higher and a little to the right to select a function. In practice, this means I cannot use Analog Lab 3 anymore in Ableton 10.

I run Windows 10 x64

I see the original question is nearly a month old. Does it always take the Arturia Staff this long to reply?
This forum is'nt Arturia support. You can contact Arturias support thru your account.

And it's possible the OPs issue has been resolved. Not all report back if so.

About your issue: Have you updated Analog Lab 3? Have you updated Ableton? Have you updated your graphic driver?

linmix

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 05:22:52 pm »
This forum is'nt Arturia support. You can contact Arturias support thru your account.
Sure, there's a support option too, but since the forum is hosted on the Arturia server/website and I have seen a number of replies by Arturia staff I inferred it was in fact the "official forum". I have reported the issue through my account as well now.

About your issue: Have you updated Analog Lab 3? Have you updated Ableton? Have you updated your graphic driver?
I installed Analog Lab 3 two weeks ago. I am now aware of any updates since then
I have uninstalled my Ableton Live 9 and instaled Ableton Live 10
I have not made any changes to my graphic driver*.

Thanks for taking an interest.

* NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ GTX 1050 and i7-7700HQ (2.8GHz), 8GB RAM

LBH

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 06:00:33 pm »
@linmix

Yes Arturia sometimes does answer in this forum. But you can't exspect it, and you asked if they allways take so long to answer.
Arturia do keep an eye on this forum.
It is Arturias user forum.

If you installed the latest version of AL3 two weeks ago, then you should have the latest availble version.

Did'nt you have this issue with Ableton 9?

Sometimes updating the graphic driver solve GUI issues like yours.
I know some have reported different issues with Ableton 10. Perhaps there would be more reports, if it was a common issue for Ableton users, but i can't tell.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 06:05:36 pm by LBH »

linmix

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 06:29:23 pm »
Didn't you have this issue with Ableton 9?

Sometimes updating the graphics driver solve GUI issues like yours.
No issues in Ableton 9

My graphics driver is up to date with the latest version provided by my laptop vendor (HP)
I have not been able to find an update for the onboard Intel HD Graphics 630
For the nVidia graphics card, just to be sure I have updated to the latest version provided by nVidia (not directly from HP) and the problem persists

LBH

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 06:59:20 pm »
No issues in Ableton 9
Then perhaps it's more of a Ableton 10 issue than a AL3 issue?

Perhaps Arturia support have more to tell and suggest. Perhaps you can find help by Ableton.
Good luck.

linmix

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 07:02:30 pm »
I have just noticed something's not working correctly in Guitar Rig either. 2 VSTs with issues in Ableton ... might be an Ableton issue.

LBH

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 07:29:58 pm »
Thanks for reporting back.

We can say the issue is'nt limited to AL3 or Arturia as Guitar Rig is a Native Instruments (NI) product.

linmix

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2018, 08:43:07 pm »
After a few emails back and forth, the Arturia team has pointed me to the solution of my problem. Apparently, Ableton 10 automatically scales VST windows for high res screens (like mine) and not all plugins respond well to that scaling. Right-clicking on the offending VSTs and deselecting the scaling option from within Ableton resolved my issues.

The complete explanation is here: https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209775985-High-DPI-monitor-support-Windows-

LBH

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2018, 09:04:03 pm »
Thanks for reporting back Linmix. That can help others.

Glad your issue is fixed.

jazzdaz

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2018, 12:47:39 pm »
I use Windows 10 - Analog Lab 3 is not showing up in Ableton 9, or Cubase, Reason, or Reaper. Yet the standalone Analog Lab 3 works fine.

Ableton disables it, It is not in Cubase's black list of plug ins, but says it is active, but still wont show in the DAW.
Reason say can't open the file, same for Reaper.

Any clues?

I have emailed tech support.

linmix

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2018, 09:16:52 pm »
Have you placed the VST (a dll file) in the folder Ableton searches for plug-ins? I had to tell Ableton where to look or it wouldn't recognise any of my VSTs

I'll attach a screenshot of my preferences so you can see how I did it.

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 12:01:09 pm »
Hi all,
On my side I don't have any problem running AL3 on Live10.
Did you try to perform a clean reinstall of both Live and AL3 ?
Did you contact Ableton support ?
.......testing.......

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines