March 28, 2024, 03:12:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Volume Boost overall  (Read 3339 times)

jeffbart

Volume Boost overall
« on: March 27, 2018, 07:55:33 am »
Matrix always sounds a little soft, I suppose it has to handle single voice /single note to multi layer big chords etc.
But, would it be feasible to boost the level a bit?

Many Thanks
Cheers Jeff
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

LBH

Re: Volume Boost overall
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 08:17:28 pm »
Hi jeffbart,

Are you saying there are sounds, where you can't get a 0 db output?

Personally i think it's good the presets is'nt set to have a huge output. I think too high presets levels often is a problem. I think it's good if there is some headroom to work with, as long as it's possible to get a 0 db without ruining the sound.- 12 db for a preset is very good, as long as i can boost it to 0 db my self within Matrix/ the synth.
I find the MINI V applications output is to low (not the presets as such, that in fact for some can be to high), as i have reported in Mini V forum. But i have'nt noticed this to be the case for the Matrix. Can you please clarify?

Cheers

jblongz

• Multi-Engineer
    • JBlongz YouTube
Re: Volume Boost overall
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 07:24:31 pm »
Bumping this request.  I create some great presets with one oscillator with a bandpass or high pass filter. In some cases my max volume may be -28db, even with DAW fader set at 0db.  I maxed out the oscillator and main volume already, so I am forced to use another plugin for additional gain.  Perhaps an amp fx or other boost option could be implemented in next version.
I try to get all created presets at a consistent max volume (usually -5db) for easier browsing.  ITs always easier to turn down than up.
MacBook Pro M1 MacOS13 16GB | Asus ProArt i7 12700H 64GB
V9 Collection | Live 11 | Logic X | Maschine MK3 | Cubase 12 | Bitwig 5

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines