March 29, 2024, 09:08:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: My keylab won't make a sound...  (Read 5934 times)

plapla234

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
My keylab won't make a sound...
« on: March 22, 2018, 07:12:08 am »
Hello everyone, I kinda need your help....
Yesterday everything was working just fine; I could play piano on any of the arturia programs and it would work just fine. Now I can't hear a sound... I mean, I still see the notes being pressed and all like they are being played but I just won't hear a thing. Yes everything is plugged in and my headset volume works since I can hear every other apps. Out of despair I ended up formatting my PC and reinstalled everything and even then it doesn't work... So yeah plase help me out! I don't know what to do!?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 09:28:48 am by plapla234 »

LBH

Re: My keylab won't make a sound...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 02:30:29 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

It's strange you say it worked at first, and then stopped working. Was you using the application in the same way both times?

Can you please provide a screenshot of:
1. the different availble Volume settings of the application you use.
2. your Audio MIDI settings for the Arturia application you use.

Which soundcard and audio driver do you use?

Do you hear any sound playing the virtuel keyboard on an Arturia application?

plapla234

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 03:07:54 pm »
Hello and thanks for the quick response!

I use g35 Headset and all drivers are up to date for my soundcard/Logitech. No I can't hear any sound coming from Analog lab except if I put it in direct input, witch then I hear the notes I play but with a 1-2 sec delay. And yeah basically what happened is; I was playing one night, went to sleep and tried it back the next day and it didn't work...

As for the screenshot you asked, I'm really not sure how to post and image here but hey, let's try!
Uploaded it there instead.... https://ibb.co/d1uwxx
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 03:11:17 pm by plapla234 »

LBH

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 03:46:31 pm »
No I can't hear any sound coming from Analog lab except if I put it in direct input,
I don't know if you can use a USB headset. Do you have a speciel driver for your headset In the Device dropdown menu you see in your screenshot?
The selected windows audio does drive your onboard soundcard. That's what you mean with Direct input - using the onboard soundcards mini jack output?

The delay you exsperience is latency. I don't know if your sound drivers and PC can get the latency you need for realtime playing.
Have you tried normal headphones?
Perhaps you can get better latency that's enough for you using ASIO4ALL. I don't know if it can be used for your headset.
http://www.asio4all.org/
1-2 sec delay is very much. You should be able to get much much better. But perhaps it's mostly about your headset. I suggest you try a normal pair of headphones using your onboard soundcard. What happens?

Perhaps you need another solution using another soundcard with fast drivers. But what you can do is also a matter of how strong your system - especially your CPU is. So your computer  specs is also important.
I suggest you read about latency.

Did'nt you have the 1-2 sec latency yesterday?
How was you connected, when it worked yesterday?

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 03:55:05 pm by LBH »

plapla234

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 04:17:27 pm »
For the latency, it's only in direct input  ??? But hey! ASIO4ALL seem to have fixed everything for now... so thanks man that's really nice of you!

LBH

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 05:38:14 pm »
Great.

Your welcome.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines