March 29, 2024, 01:03:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: oh dear oh dear oh dear  (Read 2238 times)

themessenjah

oh dear oh dear oh dear
« on: March 15, 2018, 01:46:47 pm »
Where to even begin! I've had an Audiofuse for a few weeks now, and have had nothing but problems, sadly...

I have coveted one ever since I first saw the concept so have been waiting a long time to get my hands on one to evaluate and unfortunately am fairly disappointed. When it does work, it seems pretty great! Though the main problem is the majority of the time it hasn't been working and I've had to problem solve / troubleshoot ... This unit is infact my 2nd one (as I had to return the first it was so faulty that it just had constant digital noise to the point of clipping and red indicators...) and now I am experiencing problems with this one it's not filling me with confidence for the future use of the unit, so am now considering returning it for my money back.

I am making the move over from a Focusrite 18i20 so was hoping for a step up in audio quality (even if just a small one) with a reduction in size of the unit; but I haven't really been able to evaluate the AF against the 18i20 yet for al the problems I'm encountering and the fact that it takes time to get through all the issues and the distributor I purchased from has only been able to assist up to a very limited point. As I sit here this morning, writing this out I've just selected the AF from my Sound preferences pane in my iMac and pressed play on a song in Spotify and guess what, it's simply not passing audio through the unit - possibly the simplest of all it's features. The A/B SPKR select button again isn't working (it played up last night) and I'm actually fortunate that it's even showing up in the Sound pane as yesterday I spent 2 hours hard-restarting my iMac trying to get it to recognise the AF after having to go back to my 18i20 for all the issues I had encountered...

SPDIF connectors don't seem to sit well in the sockets of the unit, physically; on the previous unit I had the USB connector would 'wiggle' to freely in it's socket causing the unit to lose power and when rebooting massive pops in my speakers that I fear may have caused some damage.

I happen to have encountered another chap online who owned one who said theirs worked well and fine for them (so am a bit peeved I've now had 2 with massive problems and then after going as far as I could with the advice from the distributor was then directed to this forum to see other posts of similar issues.) I think I'm going to HAVE to return my Audiofuse, despite not really wanting to and having such high hopes for it - nobody can say I haven't fought or tried to resolve the issues though - you have to give the benefit of the doubt, unfortunately it might just be too early for this unit to really shine - as even the manual seems to be missing a lot of pertinent information about routing/connections/options etc. and the distributor couldn't help with this on top of all the hardware issues I've faced...

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
Re: oh dear oh dear oh dear
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 02:35:20 pm »
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you are not happy with your AudioFuse.

For a proper troubleshoot I invite you to contact our support services. They are doing an amazing job and will get back to you very shrotly (from hours to one working day).

In the meantime, for you basic audio streaming issue, can you check that the Direct / Computer Wheel on the right ocrner of your unit is not fully on Direct ? If yes, the unit will monitor only the physical input (analog and digital)  and not the USB stream. I suggest that you put it in the middle where there is a stop or fully on computer.

Regards,

Matthieu

themessenjah

Re: oh dear oh dear oh dear
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 03:44:43 pm »
Hi Matthieu, unfortunately I've spent the time I have had with the unit wrestling issues and now have run out of time (and patience) on being able to return my unit to get my money back... I really like the size & aesthetic of the unit, as well as they layout & appearance of the software pane and so am extremely disappointed with all the issues I've faced :( ... I originally went for it to REPLACE my 18i20 but with all these issues and the support not really being up to par with Focusrite (admittedly I've only just been pointed in the direction of this forum) I'm going to have to go back to it.

Yes I'd become accustomed with the Direct/Computer wheel somewhat - and actually really like that feature! There are some features with the unit I just couldn't get on with - for reference, I think different colour lights for when soft buttons are engaged would have been a great call ; so easier to see when DIM or MUTE engaged etc. for example... I also found the headphone amps to be EXTREMELY weak (even when cranked to MAX)

Also had some frustration/trouble with the ControlCentre software on top of everything else - SPDIF would constantly un-mute itself!! Which was infuriating when recording as the DI signal would suddenly crop up and cause distraction.

As I'm typing this now my SPKR A/B select button still hasn't returned to normal use from yesterday. I may consider an AF in future again, perhaps once the issues have all been ironed out and the software updated; but just upset that this couldn't work here & now, to shift my 18i20.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 03:52:51 pm by themessenjah »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines