April 19, 2024, 05:27:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Prophet V excessive vertical dimensions  (Read 2713 times)

celebutante

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Prophet V excessive vertical dimensions
« on: March 13, 2018, 11:33:05 pm »
Hey all, I can't imagine I'm the only one who has pointed this out, but the Prophet-V v3 is excessively tall. With my 22" Mac displays running at 1920x1080, I can't even fit the entire thing on my screen at the default zoom level. I have to scale it down to 70%, which isn't a huge deal (IMO, this zoom level should be the native size), but the irritating aspect is the wasted space at the top and bottom, in the form of a big empty gray area at the bottom, and the non-hideable chorus and delay units at the top (some of us prefer to use "external" AU plug-ins for time-domain effects, if not for any other reason than vastly increased routing/panning flexibility).

Perhaps your development team are using giant displays, but it would behoove you to consider those running "shorter" screens, especially in the case of laptop users (who likely have "short" screens and don't have the luxury of dual displays like I do).

jeffbart

Re: Prophet V excessive vertical dimensions
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 02:08:28 am »
I don't have Prophet V, but I think it's great to see someone use the word 'behoove' correctly.
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

celebutante

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 02:18:48 am »
Heheh. Here I was expecting some kind of answer... I guess it's a moot (not mute!) point.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 07:58:26 pm »
Do you know, that if your screen resolution is big enough to show the full application (and perhaps depending on your DAW), then you can resize the window by dragging in the lower right corner?
But yes it's a very high application.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines