March 28, 2024, 03:49:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?  (Read 133270 times)

clos820

• Apprentice
Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #585 on: May 16, 2020, 06:09:27 am »
 Unfortunately damn.... the new firmware Does NOT solve the midi/start command issue for the Arpeggiator and the sequencer.. ugh. Wish I had been a part of the beta testers.  After signing the NDA I never got the beta code to test.. maybe they didn’t want to hear about it. This is a HUGE issue, that wasn’t broken in firmware prior to 2.0, and makes live performance with other HW synths difficult, as Every other synth manufacturer does not require a midi start command to play Arps and sequence, whilst staying in time with external midi clock. Come on guys, this used to work perfect, it’s broken.. why require the start command?  The arp and sequencer should play and lock to external midi clock when played locally without needing an external start command..in this way an arp and sequence can be played in the middle of a song in time, without having an external sequencer mis trigger all your other devices with an wanted start command, very frustrating. Please at least make it an optional behavior. If you don’t understand how bad this, just ask any live performer.

VAU

« Reply #586 on: May 16, 2020, 08:46:03 pm »
.... the new firmware Does NOT solve the midi/start command issue for the Arpeggiator and the sequencer.. ...If you don’t understand how bad this, just ask any live performer.

It's weird with ARTURIA
on one side they make exceptional products and on the other side they limit their users with flawed OS, 4 bar sequencers or limited patch space.
we could have 256 matrix pages to work with (sequencer, arp, library, modulation, etc etc etc), but don't get access to them.

Maybe i would find it less weird, if ARTURIA would not pump out so many new products all the time.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 09:38:09 pm by VAU »

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #587 on: May 16, 2020, 09:59:33 pm »
Oh no...

endreola

« Reply #588 on: May 17, 2020, 01:44:43 am »
Bummer indeed.  I would prefer to see an user option to choose behavior like what Moog did in the latest Mother-32 update https://www.moogmusic.com/news/mother-32-firmware-update-now-available

clos820

• Apprentice
« Reply #589 on: May 17, 2020, 06:21:59 pm »
I just don’t see why it would be so difficult to implement this fix, or option, or why they changed it in the first place. I would have been the first in line to purchase a new poly flagship from Arturia if they ever realeased one, but now I don’t know if I would, or could spend money with a company that ignores its support tickets. Even if they couldn’t  get to a fix in a certain timeframe, at least, put it on the roadmap, and most of all communicate and acknowledge these issues with your customers. It’s not even acknowledged, and honestly I don’t even know what to think about how I was invited to be part of the beta testers, and then after signing and returning the NDA, I got no word at all. I’m not gonna rant forever about this..or get mean in these forums, I simply will spend my money where I feel like a company really strives to listen to their customers wants and needs.

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
« Reply #590 on: May 18, 2020, 02:28:44 pm »
So that renders it useless for live seq/arp then. This is just not the attention to detail I would expect. For example when I moaned about there not being any triplet or dotted value delay times they said "there is not enough delay time to do that". Sorry that is not true. To prove this and has an awkward hack just put your sequencer in triplets and imagine it is in straight values, add a synced delay and hey presto TRIPLET DELAYS.

The MxB is such a nearly there synth. So frustrating it is knobbled by stupid stuff like the sync start issue and others.

Arturia if you fixed these things the MxB would be classic. As it is it's just a mono synth.

endreola

« Reply #591 on: May 18, 2020, 04:15:54 pm »
For sound creation the MxB is great, for live performance use, well let’s just say the feature enhancements gained in 2.0 are moot, as it breaks my workflow and have to stay on pre 2.x FW.

@Edouard, would love to understand why Arturia chosen to enforce MIDI SSC on the SEQ? And are there plans to update the FW again to allow users to choose 1) manually start/play SEQ when no clock external is present (as in latest update) and 2) automatically start/play SEQ with or without SSC?

Best regards.

yeskeys

• Apprentice
« Reply #592 on: May 20, 2020, 11:10:27 pm »
I am hereby requesting a refund for this huge waste of time waiting for this thing to work right.
Man up and reach out, refund my purchase, and you can have it back.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #593 on: May 21, 2020, 09:40:20 am »
Yeah spouting obscenities to them on their own public forum, it gets me refunds every time. Actually, no wait...
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Guillaume Arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #594 on: May 21, 2020, 01:56:27 pm »
Hey guys,

Really sorry to read about the troubles faced with the MatrixBrute.

As an information, we just released an Hotfix for the 2.0.0 version which is now 2.0.1 and includes the following bugfixes and features:

V 2.0.1
New features

Sleep mode/Screen saver
    Song position pointer handling

Bugfixes

[SEQUENCER]

When slaved, playback now stays in sync when loading a new preset
    Sequencer is not randomly stopped when looping in certain DAWs
    When slaved, sequencer no longer starts by itself when disabling MIDI Sync
    In MIDI sync + Record on, no more stuck note when holding a key and pressing play on Master device
    Sequence no longer drifts in time when slaved with 1&2PPQ
    Hold a tied step (dim lit) and change its note (turn mod amount) doesn't transform it into a trigger step (full lit) anymore

[LFO]

When MIDI slaved and the sequencer playing, LFOs phase could be offset after loading a new sequence preset
    LFO Phase could be offset when restarting the Sequencer with Restart button when SeqMod<0
    LFO 2 Rate modulation was applied on 2nd key press when modulated by Kbd/Seq

[Duo Split]

Lower Glide is now reproduced as expected
    Playing Legato on Lower when Legato=Off & Seq=Play was stopping Sequencer
    Sequencer glide were enabling Glide on Upper Only
    Releasing note on Lower could silence note on Upper
    Glide can now be enable on the Upper part without disabling Sequencer
    Switching Key hold to OFF could silence upper notes

[OTHER]

MIDI loopbacks on swing knob no longer freezes the UI
    When saved, Presets were retaining the name of their original slot
    1st note of the sequence is now correctly reproduced after boot
    Modulation destinations names are no longer truncated after loading a preset
    A4 preset slot is no longer corrupted

As you may not be automatically prompted for it at the moment through the Midi Control Center, you'll find its download link below:

http://downloads.arturia.net/products/matrixbrute/firmware/MatrixBrute_Firmware_Update_2_0_1_952.mbf

If any problems still persists afterward, make sure to directly reach us through our Technical support form:

https://www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp

We'll then reference and investigate any potential remaining issues as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Guillaume - Tech support Team

clos820

• Apprentice
« Reply #595 on: May 22, 2020, 04:53:41 am »
Hello Guillaume, Thank you for your reply, and thank you all the team at Arturia for following up and continued support. The 2.0 and subsequent 2.0.1 hotfix are really welcome and good, the features added are really great. As of right now though the one issue that was introduced with the 2.0 firmware was not addressed in the hotfix and it is unfortunately a pretty bad bug to have because it really does badly affect live performance setups when combining the Matrixbrute with other synths and midi gear. I had reported with officially through the support ticket system and it was closed prematurely and written off as that is normal behavior, which it not correct really. I can re-open a new ticket again, and will do so. I even made 2 videos posted to YouTube describing the issue as clearly as I could, those links to those videos  are on the technical issues forum, if you need them again I can post them again. At this point I’m wondering if you guys missed this issue or still think it’s not important? Because if it’s the latter I assure you it is super important to fix. Thanks again.

clos820

• Apprentice
« Reply #596 on: May 22, 2020, 05:12:05 am »
For reference here are the links to Videos demonstrating the issue and comparison to other synths behavior.
https://youtu.be/wyjcguxrTv4

https://youtu.be/6AZAC2ebTCE

Speedball030

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Make music, not loudness war.
    • My music on Soundcloud
« Reply #597 on: May 22, 2020, 10:46:07 pm »
One feature that I really hope to see in a future firmware upgrade is to be able to choose the behaviour of the arp up/down and the sequencer fwd/rev modes.
Now the 'end notes' always repeat per cycle, which for me is mostly unusable.

For example, now both arp and seq are playing: 1-2-3-4, 4-3-2-1, 1-2-3-4... and so on, triggering the first/last notes twice per cycle.
I would like them to play like this: 1-2-3-4, 3-2-1, 2-3-4, 3-2-1, 2-3-4... and so on.

That would be great.

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
« Reply #598 on: June 02, 2020, 02:00:15 am »
Like when you play a real arpeggio.

yeskeys

• Apprentice
« Reply #599 on: June 04, 2020, 10:04:46 pm »
Or a real synthesizer.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines