April 18, 2024, 01:03:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?  (Read 134255 times)

standingwave

Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #555 on: March 31, 2020, 11:23:32 am »
Also, IMO it's a bit strong to call for fucking offs and claim utter disrespect before the potential deed is done ;)
I'm not saying the Matrixbrute is useless, I enjoy it immensely. OS2.0 added a lot of functionality and fixed the sync timing issues. It also created new issues, and missed a few others. It felt like we were being listened to, albeit late, when the ver2 OS was released. Then, once again, no communication and no promised hotfix for MONTHS.
 The Matrixbrute has value as a synth in my studio, no doubt about it. I use it regularly.  Arturia as a company are kind of a bit of assholes to their customers. They don't have to halt RnD on new instruments to complete, or at least communicate with previous and unfinished releases. No company is perfect, but Arturia are amongst the worst in my books. I have synths,  recording equipment, and instruments from many manufacturers and have never been made to feel so unvalued as a customer by any of them before. For them to be releasing, or even teasing a release on the same platform, while we are all patiently waiting for YEARS for the first version to be fully functional is a slap in the face, and bold as hell.
 I will keep my brute and enjoy it for what it is, but I wont be so foolish to trust Arturia with my money on a piece of expensive hardware ever again.

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #556 on: March 31, 2020, 05:24:05 pm »
Hello everyone.

Sorry for the recent absence.

Indeed the COVID situation is not helping here.
The whole company is being reorganized to be operational even though we cannot access the headquarters, and so far all team are not fully operational because of the isolation, which implies a lot of logistic and human challenges.

We are almost done, that's why I asked if some of you were interested to join the beta.
However, the recent events were not planned, and of course, we'd rather not start a beta with two known critical bugs.
These bugs needs to be addressed first, and we are looking forward to do.
But in the current situation it is just very complicated.

Be sure that I'm looking for solutions and that I haven't forgot you guys.
My work won't be accomplished until it is out, so I'm definitely eager to get this straight.

Thank you for you understanding, and sorry again for the waiting time.
I will try to keep you posted.

Kind regards

Edouard
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 05:41:29 pm by Edouard_Arturia »
DGDGDGDGDG

STM

• Apprentice
« Reply #557 on: March 31, 2020, 06:42:14 pm »
Thank you for your reply!
Next time please be a bit earlier with communication how things are.
Even if it's bad news like a delay, but at least let us know what is going on.

So, more info will be much appreciated, thanks!

standingwave

« Reply #558 on: April 01, 2020, 12:55:22 am »
Hello everyone.

Sorry for the recent absence.

Indeed the COVID situation is not helping here.
The whole company is being reorganized to be operational even though we cannot access the headquarters, and so far all team are not fully operational because of the isolation, which implies a lot of logistic and human challenges.

We are almost done, that's why I asked if some of you were interested to join the beta.
However, the recent events were not planned, and of course, we'd rather not start a beta with two known critical bugs.
These bugs needs to be addressed first, and we are looking forward to do.
But in the current situation it is just very complicated.

Be sure that I'm looking for solutions and that I haven't forgot you guys.
My work won't be accomplished until it is out, so I'm definitely eager to get this straight.

Thank you for you understanding, and sorry again for the waiting time.
I will try to keep you posted.

Kind regards

Edouard

Thanks Edouard for the update. Always better late than never.
 I hope you're staying safe.
 Please don't let us down; I had really high Hope's for you guys after the 2.0 release, it only takes a moment to drop a line. We have all been veeeeeery patient, just let us know what's up.
 Cheers.

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #559 on: April 02, 2020, 05:15:42 pm »
Yes, my bad, sorry for the delay, as you might imagine, or as you probably have been living the same expérience, things have been quite hectic before and since the isolation.
Keeping an eye on everything is a daily challenge   :'(
DGDGDGDGDG

VAU

« Reply #560 on: April 02, 2020, 06:04:12 pm »
Hello Edouard,

would ARTURIA ever consider to open up for a third party MATRIXBRUTE OS or one by you with external programmer input,
since the company just not seems to have the capacities to deal with issues and improvements in time ?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 01:45:46 pm by VAU »

yeskeys

• Apprentice
« Reply #561 on: April 04, 2020, 01:48:28 am »
This is all hypothetical, in light of past events it can't be that hard to imagine this scenario:

So how many people are working on this update?  My guess is 1.  Updates can be delivered to testers online with no risk of COVID hopping on.
Said updater takes a MBrute home with him and is able to work on the update without being bothered by other people in his physical presence.  Phone calls and emails again are virus free.  COVID makes such a great scapegoat for everyone who is in "social distance".  But I don't buy it here.

I have been diagnosed with cancer, had lots of shots and tests, and over 2 months of daily radiation treatments.  I've worked every day.  It's been hard. But I have people who rely one me and I am very lucky in that I work from home and all my work is transferred online and talking on the phone is still working for me.  And quite frankly I'm no tough guy, I'm a bit of a puss so if I can do it anybody can.

THe MB would work so seamlessly in my rig if they'd just fix this goddamn midi sync.  I've never seen much less owned anything that operates backwards like this.  And I've been dealing with midi and music technology since DSK sync.

I'm sure I come off as a massive complainer.  I reality I am very laid back and it takes a lot to get me mad.  This MB has become my lifetime's pet peeve.  It bothers me more than cancer because I know it can be fixed if someone would just do it.  I swear the MB just sounds better and I like it 10 times more since v2.  Except I just want to trigger a riff or sequence by touching a note on it while everything else is percolating along.

I submitted to be a beta tester but I'm sure I'm on the shit list at Arturia because I'm vocal about bugs and am out of patience.  Again, I am very sorry if I've irritated more patient and rational users, but when I think about the fun I could be having if it worked or I could trade for a Pro3 or a Hydrasynth or something else cool.  But I've now got med bills to deal with so getting something new is out right now.

Just think if this was open source and you could program any modules the hardware could accomodate how great it would be.  PLEASE do down in history and put this into some capable hands, teams of creative euro-type guys who could fulfill so many wishes. 

Or someone take this off my hands.  Mint condition, I didn't get the hard case because I bought too early but I have the box and will ship carefully!

Thank you all, great community and I've learned plenty from you guys, will miss this forum!
Eric

standingwave

« Reply #562 on: April 04, 2020, 02:07:40 am »
 Sad to see you go, especially under the circumstances Yeskeys. I hope your bout of cancer clears up and you're able to trade into a pro3.
 The tone of this sub forum is beginning to sound like the origin sub-forum. Sad.
 It's not too late to save face though Arturia,  please come though for us.

yeskeys

• Apprentice
« Reply #563 on: April 04, 2020, 02:26:24 am »
Standing - that's so kind of you to say.  I've admired your Karma and sense of balance on this forum.  You're over on , cough cough, slutz aren't you?

standingwave

« Reply #564 on: April 04, 2020, 01:09:01 pm »
 Thanks Yeskey.
Yep, I'm over there as well.; we'll meet again over there I'm sure!

VAU

« Reply #565 on: April 05, 2020, 03:09:44 pm »
all the best to you, yeskeys

...THe MB would work so seamlessly in my rig if they'd just fix this goddamn midi sync.  I've never seen much less owned anything that operates backwards like this.  And I've been dealing with midi and music technology since DSK sync....Just think if this was open source and you could program any modules the hardware could accomodate how great it would be.  PLEASE do down in history and put this into some capable hands, teams of creative euro-type guys who could fulfill so many wishes.  ...

The Microfreak also seems to suffer from sync problems, as far as i read on that forum. I got many excellent Arturia products, but it seems rather odd to me, that the company accepts to be frustrating a lot of users for months and years
with a few certain issues and let nobody (of the normal users) peek into their cards - so it is quite normal, that us users start wonder, WHY Arturia denies to co-operate to fix things. The gap between delivering great products on one side
and not being able to fix certain issues on the other is not easy to understand...

oh, and thank you , Arturia, for giving me more "bad karma" ...which is kinda weird, since i usually am rather praising your products, including the MatrixBrute, despite its issues

what's the point of the KARMA meter anyway now, since users cnnot rate anymore? Does it express how high or low we are regarded here by the company?

But why do i ask... you usually don't answer my/our questions directly.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 08:53:53 pm by VAU »

Processaurus

« Reply #566 on: April 05, 2020, 11:21:32 pm »
Edouard, thanks for the update and continued development on this instrument. My girlfriend was watching me messing with the synths and said that synth people were all set up for spending lots of time at home!

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #567 on: April 09, 2020, 01:51:51 pm »
Hello !

We started a beta a few minutes ago.
It fixes a great amount of bugs and introduces a few new additions to the MatrixBrute.

In the meantime, we are looking for solutions to get rid of last LFO bugs and have a proper release candidate.

Best

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

rens

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #568 on: April 10, 2020, 06:17:27 pm »
Excellent!

STM

• Apprentice
« Reply #569 on: April 10, 2020, 07:33:35 pm »
Fixing bugs AND introducing new features? Great!
Thank you!

I always wondered what will happen if a beta release somehow bricks the controller. Is there a failsafe to ensure some sort of connectivity is guaranteed to be able to flash another firmware?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines