March 29, 2024, 12:22:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?  (Read 133317 times)

SingleCell

• Apprentice
Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #540 on: March 26, 2020, 12:36:38 am »
I put in my name to beta test, but have not got any word on it yet.  I may have been too late to the party though.

standingwave

« Reply #541 on: March 27, 2020, 07:56:52 am »
I've asked what's going on over on the beta forums as well, it's a ghost town. I understand if covid19 has affected Arturia,  they should communicate though. It's kind of infuriating, especially now that we're so close.

VAU

« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 06:54:27 pm by VAU »

STM

• Apprentice
« Reply #543 on: March 27, 2020, 09:26:07 pm »
Well... nice, maybe?
If Arturia want to bring a small MxB it would probably help sales if they fix the big one first  ::)

EDIT: I did just look at the picture, not the thread at the other forum that says 8 voice poly. Still shpuld fix the MxB first :)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 02:08:29 pm by STM »

AERO2004

• Apprentice
« Reply #544 on: March 28, 2020, 12:34:57 pm »
Is it an integrated Touché device on the left ?  :o

standingwave

« Reply #545 on: March 28, 2020, 08:17:16 pm »
If they release a new version of the Matrixbrute before finishing the buggy first version, Arturia can fuck right off.

VAU

« Reply #546 on: March 28, 2020, 11:51:59 pm »
If they release a new version of the Matrixbrute before finishing the buggy first version, Arturia can fuck right off.

it seems sometimes you love'em, sometimes not so much ...

VAU

« Reply #547 on: March 28, 2020, 11:54:43 pm »
Is it an integrated Touché device on the left ?  :o

hmmm...well spotted... now that would be another interesting move
and they haben been working together several times now...

(which doesn't mean that i would not be surprised if we only get 256 programs again and have to use a computer for ponderous saving...)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 12:02:33 am by VAU »

standingwave

« Reply #548 on: March 29, 2020, 03:39:30 am »
 I've never loved them, but I invested in their gear with an expectation that it would be supported.  The Matrixbrute support has been a circus. Edouard announced an upcoming hotfix that would be beta tested very soon, we hear nothing again for ages, and then see a new synth in the family being developed. If they release this polybrute without finishing off the Matrixbrute, I'm done even bothering. Utter disrespect.

endreola

« Reply #549 on: March 29, 2020, 03:52:35 pm »
IMO, the philosophies, culture, business practices that companies operate on (from a post-sale service, support, product updates, etc., perspective) says a lot.  If I was an interested buyer who reviewed forums before making a new purchase decision, (in which I tend to do often), then I would be discouraged knowing the history around the MxB's 2.0 update and potential Hotfix.  And if I did make the purchase then it would be a gamble knowing that updates may takes years and not to expect frequent communication.

EDIT: Ironcially, I just happen to have a potential open slot for a PolyBrute right above the MxB, if I repurpose an old m-audio controller.  It would make patching between both boards easy, providing that it even offers CV.  Would I go and pull that trigger and order one, there is a possibility but only after the MxB is rid of bugs.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 04:02:45 pm by endreola »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #550 on: March 29, 2020, 04:09:41 pm »
No companies halt product development because they maintain older products. That includes other synth companies - this is NOT an Arturia exclusive, which is no excuse BTW; just a fact. E.g. I've been waiting since 2016 for a Sub 37 bug fix update (they've stonewalled the forums users for more than 3 years - the Sub 37 will most likely forever have useless sync). DSI does it. Roland does it. B does it. Everybody does it. If not, they'd soon be out of business.

While I agree that the design decision to require Start messages in 2.0 is wrong (and will be reversed in the hotfix AFAIK), the claims of that being a bug that makes the synth useless and Arturia the worst company is perhaps a slight overreaction?

Also, IMO it's a bit strong to call for fucking offs and claim utter disrespect before the potential deed is done ;)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 04:26:52 pm by DrJustice »

yeskeys

• Apprentice
« Reply #551 on: March 29, 2020, 10:16:19 pm »
If, when the "hot-fix" was announced, I predicted it woud take 4 months most of us would have thought "there's no way it will take that long to fix these 3 simple bugs."  Yet, here we are, 4 months later.  I am realistically planning on 8 more months.  Hopefully by then I will have this nightmare piece of partially working near junk out of my life by then.

I firmly believe it's going to take some public shaming to get any movement, kind of like the uproar the Tempest took, what with a change.org petition or whatever happened back then.  We need a headline Sythtopia article and other media outlets, like Sound on Sound, Matrixsynth, etc. etc.

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #552 on: March 30, 2020, 12:49:53 pm »
I am not regretting having bought the Matrix Brute, but I am much happier buying stuff from smaller companies, that communicate with their customers, in the future.

But since concerts are a thing of the old golden days now, I am not sure how I will be able to buy ANYTHING in the near future...

VAU

« Reply #553 on: March 30, 2020, 02:07:08 pm »
...  Hopefully by then I will have this nightmare piece of partially working near junk out of my life by then.

I firmly believe it's going to take some public shaming to get any movement, kind of like the uproar the Tempest took, what with a change.org petition or whatever happened back then.  We need a headline Sythtopia article and other media outlets, like Sound on Sound, Matrixsynth, etc. etc.

i still love my Matrixbrute despite some flaws, but i am at the point where i think, maybe it would be better if ARTURIA allowed third parties to develop a better OS,
since the company just not seems to have the capacities to deal with issues in time ...like to come up with a better/larger file management like on the MOOG ONE (which still is my #1 issue),
like proper sync, like making the best out of the possibilities that the matrix offers, etc etc
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 02:18:00 pm by VAU »

STM

• Apprentice
« Reply #554 on: March 30, 2020, 08:51:14 pm »
Maybe the firmware could be made open source.
Warranty could be a problem if there is no safe way to recover from a failed update.
If it's not easy to recover from a failed attempt... Like a boot ROM that will allow for an USB connection to flash another (hopefully) working firmware.

It would open up all the possibilities of the hardware.
But maybe there are some copyrighted parts in it that won't allow for the entire firmware to go open source.

What I really miss is the possibility to change really every parameter over MIDI. Maybe there are unofficial sysex commands that already allow for the buttons to be changed?
But if I have not found one. A full list would be appreciated.
Another approach would be to make the file format of the patches better readable so other patch editors could be made.

Well, Arturia... Please fix the known errors and add the option to change buttons over MIDI, thanks!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines