March 28, 2024, 05:16:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?  (Read 133276 times)

Lunatic Sound

Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #450 on: November 14, 2019, 11:32:09 am »
...    ::)

Rennie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • OLD SCHOOL
« Reply #451 on: November 14, 2019, 12:41:47 pm »
Nov 14th - any update on the update????::)

gregae2001

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #452 on: November 15, 2019, 03:30:36 pm »
Nov 15 - any news on the update?    ??? ::)

indiescore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #453 on: November 16, 2019, 06:47:04 am »
any news ,   stocking stuffer ?    Or i will sell the brute and get a  schmidt synth for 18K .....just kidding

turbo_kev

« Reply #454 on: November 16, 2019, 10:59:21 am »
Hi we are on beta 7 at the moment
just a few more bugs to iron out

its looking good, but due to NDA
I cant say any more

cheers
kev
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

jocksbeat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #455 on: November 17, 2019, 08:03:06 pm »
thanks for an update, kev  :)
Since the upgrade has reached beta 7, at least some finished parts could be named, for all of us Matrixbrute users, waiting patiently for years...
The last comment is off course addressed  to Arturia staf, not to you kev   ;)   

WytchCrypt

• Apprentice
« Reply #456 on: November 17, 2019, 11:38:37 pm »

I cant say any more

cheers
kev

Seems like we're getting to the home stretch!  Who would have thought early spring would have lasted all the way to Thanksgiving  ;)

TimeEchoProductions

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #457 on: November 20, 2019, 12:05:35 am »

I cant say any more

cheers
kev

Seems like we're getting to the home stretch!  Who would have thought early spring would have lasted all the way to Thanksgiving  ;)

Early spring 2020, likely.

Andy Tillison

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #458 on: November 20, 2019, 12:24:40 pm »
I think it's time that someone broke the stalemate here and realised that "illegally" disclosing the contents of the beta is not really a capital offence and thunderous jackboots are not going to be coming down anyone's corridor any time soon.  So as a beta tester of the new software, I've decided to dish the dirt....

The new update for the matrixbrute is quite an astonishing upgrade, as it should always have been.  Here is an incomplete list of some of the new functions.

1. The small paper white style information window has been enlarged and expanded and is now in full colour. Watching it just metamorphose before your very eyes when the firmware is updated is astonishing to behold.  It's now at the resolution of 1080p with an option for 4k and it comes with a three month free subscription to Netflix.

2. The keyboard is now 88 notes long so please make sure when installing the upgrade that the Matrixbrute is correctly positioned with enough space to grow. I nearly succeeded in knocking over a 19 inch rack mount cabinet during the firmware upgrade.

3. Fully weighted keys are now standard with waterfall drop.

4. A coffee mug heater has now been added to the right of the keyboard

5. The instrument is now fully polyphonic and has the option to have reverse colour keys on the press of thirteen Matrix buttons in the right order.

6. The Matrix area has now been replaced by several gigantic wooden cabinets and rather than the old way of making connections using switches and coloured lights, an innovative way involving the use of many many patch cables has been brought into effect. This has the advantage of making your instrument look a lot more scientific and exclusive, this making you appear even more clever than you previously did.

7. Saving sounds has been abolished in an attempt to stop people from using presets, which have all been accordingly deleted.

8. Toast can now be made in a compartment under the keyboard, though on early versions of the Beta the cooking time was better than on the recent versions. Hopefully in the final version this will be remedied. I'd personally like to see the machine (which is French after all) add a Raclette feature so that tasty cooked cheeses can be consumed during otherwise dull sound design sessions.

9. All the cooking functions will be controllable via the matrix, giving a really nice functionability to the player, adding aftertouch can add Marmalade to the toast (or in my proposal more bubbles to the melting cheese)

10. Finally (don't forget there are many other features not mentioned in my list) the physical Matrixbrute after its upgrade only remains with you for 48 hours. After that it becomes available ONLY in the cloud and can be accessed through some software called "Analog Laboratory"

In the meantime, during the past several years, I have enjoyed using the "old" matrixbrute so much. As a synth player since the 70s I consider it to be the best instrument of any type I have ever owned.  hen the real upgrade finally becomes available i will read every word said about it to see if anything will improve the wonderful experience I have had with this magnificent and exceedingly well priced machine. Yes, it has flaws. And like my Minimoogs of the past I have come to love them too.

joeman

• Apprentice
    • Musical Experiments
« Reply #459 on: November 20, 2019, 01:47:21 pm »
Jexus used to be a matrixbrute
Experiencing a flow of temporal information now, and in anticipation, and in retrospect.

yeskeys

• Apprentice
« Reply #460 on: November 21, 2019, 12:23:54 am »
Gawd dammit you guys, I thought you were really going to enlighten us as to what we've been waiting for.  More than just a little pissed reading about the cooking and toasting and coffee making.  The only thing saving you Andy is the fact that I really love that first Tangent album.
Now that I have cancer (yes, just diagnosed for real - and playing the cancer card strictly for info on this update) this update better be worth it.

KrisL

• Apprentice
« Reply #461 on: November 21, 2019, 04:33:42 pm »
Here is an incomplete list of some of the new functions.

Well, I don't know about all that; all I want is an instrument that stays in time. 

...From a company who are capable of keeping their word. 

Whether either will materialize is another issue entirely, of course. 
The latter is clearly beyond Arturia's present competency level. 

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #462 on: November 21, 2019, 05:17:58 pm »
Hello.
This last run was quite a struggle, and we almost had a few release candidates these last weeks.
But we had quite a headache to maintain the sequencer playback tight upon preset change.
Toda'sy version is supposed to be OK with these, and tested / released as the final beta tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 05:06:04 pm by Edouard_Arturia »
DGDGDGDGDG

Rennie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • OLD SCHOOL
« Reply #463 on: November 21, 2019, 07:21:20 pm »
Fingers Crossed !!!

yeskeys

• Apprentice
« Reply #464 on: November 21, 2019, 07:40:19 pm »
That certainly would be some good news...I'd love to get a copy of the update to take my mind off my cancer, NDA and all.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines