October 19, 2019, 08:40:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?  (Read 30916 times)

KrisL

• Apprentice
Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #420 on: September 24, 2019, 05:09:24 pm »
Hello everyone.

I'm dropping a little line to give you a little bit of vision on the update release.

Hi Edouard: 

Is the clock now steady? 

Thanks
Kris

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #421 on: September 27, 2019, 11:33:04 am »
It does make me happy to hear, that the sync is being worked on. It's the number one reason for me to not use the Matrix Brute.

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
« Reply #422 on: September 27, 2019, 12:03:13 pm »
Hi Lunatic,
Sync is rock solid here, well about as good as MIDI clock gets. Using old fashioned MIDI cables.
Actually I am quite impressed with the sync already so great if it can be even better.

What happens in you experience? Or am I just less fussy than you?

indiescore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #423 on: September 28, 2019, 07:08:23 am »
Hi Lunatic,
Sync is rock solid here, well about as good as MIDI clock gets. Using old fashioned MIDI cables.
Actually I am quite impressed with the sync already so great if it can be even better.

What happens in you experience? Or am I just less fussy than you?

I find the midi sync to be very solid and locks well with my daw transport and other synths, no issues here....The TR8s locks very well with the brute also I use the two together a lot....this is all synced with a midi clock module and my daw as the tempo source ....

standingwave

« Reply #424 on: September 28, 2019, 11:45:35 am »
The clock on the brute before this firmware update is definitely not locked or tight. The longer the clock tries to sync, the further it drifts. This is a known bug that is hopfully going to be fixed in the update. Its messed up my work a few times already.

ease

• Apprentice
« Reply #425 on: October 04, 2019, 06:36:23 pm »
I am ready to download the new firmware, Arturia are you ready to deliver?
Thanks,

jocksbeat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #426 on: October 06, 2019, 09:05:55 pm »
Thanks for the reassurances Kev!  Hoping that a new soundbank will also be released that shows off the new features. Wondering about backwards compatibility with existing patches, too.  Questions, questions...   

Hello !

I can answer these questions !

Preset compatibility: The new updates adds new parameters in the synth, consequently:
- Import a V1 on a V2 MatrixBrute will automatically convert the V1 preset into a v2.
- You cannot import a v2 preset in a v1 MatrixBrute. (The MCC checks the version)
- Once a V1 preset has been converted into a V2 this preset can no longer be imported in a V1.
/!\ To play it safe, I recommend to backup your MatrixBrute preset bank before to upgrade.

Preset Bank: Victor with the help of other designers prepared a new bank with great simple but very playable presets.
Some of them are making a very smart use of the new features and can definitely be super inspiring :)

Best !

Edouard
Thank you Edouard, for some news about the Matrixbrute  :) To be honest, I was thinking of selling my Matrixbrute recently, to finance another synth. I will now put that idea on hold, for a while. My biggest concern is about the lack of a sequencer editor, and a song mode for arrangements. The sound however, has never been an issue for me. The Matrixbrute is full of possibilities,  and is great for sound design :)
Kind regards   

Edouard_Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #427 on: October 09, 2019, 09:08:48 am »
Hello everyone.
New beta version today fixing the Sync issues.
We may get closer to the release date...  ;D
Best !
Edouard
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 09:19:39 am by Edouard_Arturia »
Edouard Arturia

endreola

« Reply #428 on: October 09, 2019, 05:26:25 pm »
Exciting news.  Thanks for the heads up Edouard.

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #429 on: October 18, 2019, 12:13:08 pm »
I just reread the thread and I realized, the mediocre sync is indeed not the no. 1 reason not to use the brute, that are the LFO divisions of course!  ;D

Sync is 2nd, and then come the bugs, I guess. lol

Rennie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • OLD SCHOOL
« Reply #430 on: October 18, 2019, 01:58:39 pm »
Hey beta testers - it is mid OCT and I know things take time - but being you are the closest to the big fixes and doing real testing - (Santa’s elves) - have we been patient enough to maybe get this release in our Christmas stockings this year? All I want for Christmas is the update - with no bugs of its own and a commitment to address any when it is released. Sincerely - Rudolph, Frosty, Mrs Clause, The Grinch . . .

Joking aside - any last minute push to get this done? Sure appreciate all you beta testers are doing!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines