March 28, 2024, 06:00:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?  (Read 133282 times)

turbo_kev

Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #405 on: September 16, 2019, 05:49:43 pm »
Hi
No we don't get paid, we are all volunteers
and I'm happy to be a beta tester for the MxB

And all I can say at this point in time because of the NDA I willingly signed

is this
there will be a lot of happy MxB users  when the new firmware gets released
Yes I know we all have been waiting a long time
but rest assured the wait will have been worth it

cheers
Kev
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

gregae2001

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #406 on: September 16, 2019, 06:29:49 pm »
Yes I know we all have been waiting a long time
but rest assured the wait will have been worth it

cheers
Kev
Thanks for the reassurances Kev!  Hoping that a new soundbank will also be released that shows off the new features. Wondering about backwards compatibility with existing patches, too.  Questions, questions...   

endreola

« Reply #407 on: September 16, 2019, 10:01:58 pm »
Yea, promising feedback... thanks Kev.

yeskeys

• Apprentice
« Reply #408 on: September 16, 2019, 11:38:21 pm »
Wonder what would become of a rogue beta tester who outright spills the beans...

Are they not going to be able to beta test the next update? (like that's gonna happen...)

endreola

« Reply #409 on: September 17, 2019, 04:50:00 am »
Good question. Haven’t personally read the contract but there could be monetary damages from the guilty party.  In addition to a breach of contract suit, Arturia may be able to sue for:
- Breach of fiduciary responsibility.
- Copyright infringement.
- Misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Various violations of intellectual property law.

VAU

« Reply #410 on: September 17, 2019, 11:53:08 am »
Isn't the Matrixbrute much to unique to worry about anything?

What use would it have to copy/steal a software feature (if possible at all, due to architecture and hardware)
from a synth which is sound- and function-wise a league of its own?

indiescore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #411 on: September 18, 2019, 06:39:17 am »
Well, I am delighted, as we all are, I guess, but I will still not buy Arturia stuff again. There is just too many other companies out there, who are doing this right.

Well, who knows, if this update just blows us all out of the water and comes with some sincere statement by some real person... Hope always dies last.

But nah, Arturia just lost that personal small company feeling entirely for me. In my mind they became just another evil corporation. Am I overreacting? Probably.

But there are so many awesome synthmakers out there who will really seriously take care of me, so I am in the beautiful position to choose a better team    8)

In part I agree with you. 

I still won't be purchasing another Arturia product until Arturia show they can be trusted. 

I keep referring to it, but it is important: Frederic said himself 2 years ago on Inside Synthesis' Matrixbrute review that support is now good, and a lot of effort and resources have been put into this domain.  Frederic - I'd like to know exactly what constitutes these new efforts and resources, as it certainly isn't reflected in your handling/delivery of this update.  If you read your own forums with open, objective eyes, the reality is very different.   

Frederic - you also added that Arturia are a company we can trust over time.  How much time is needed, and how can we trust you when your own engineers fail to keep their word RE delivery date?  You shouldn't make promises you can't keep, as this is the very thing that will destroy trust. 

Again - if you said the update delivery was December, I'd have been indifferent.  But I'd have expected the update delivery in December. 

As it is, you gave a date and failed to meet your own schedule.  From a business perspective, this is terrible handling of an already fragile situation - especially given the reputation of your company with respect customer feedback etc was already a sore point (hence your own addressing/mentioning of this issue) - not to mention the flagship update, for many, already being a year or so late. 

PS I trust beta testers are being paid for their efforts.  Or, at the very worst, being offered software as recompense.  You are asking them to provide a skilled service - but not only that: in order to provide this service, they require having purchased a product that costs in the region of $2k - and their understanding of this product.  This should be recompensed - not only for the skill of the testers, but for their time/investment.  Testers - I trust you have given this some thought, as it could be argued that if there is no recompense aside from the update, you are willingly allowing yourselves to be exploited.  The update is Arturia's responsibility - and if they want testers/the provision of a service, this should be recompensed accordingly.  Given the process isn't yet complete, testers should genuinely give thought to this.  We all want an update - but be very weary of allowing an unfair system to continue to exist when it could be dealt with at this very moment.   

I won't be purchasing another Arturia product until Frederic very openly addresses the above issues.   

But I will congratulate Arturia when the update is delivered. 

Kris

I remember that video review by inside synthesis his reviews are very good top notch .....he showcased the mbrute in a very good light very well in terms of sound and work flow design and frederick responded to his criticism which at the time was news to me however unfortunately for Arturia we see how long this update has taken 
and how the forum is not monitored with care like others .......clearly resources are thin and there are other higher priorities....I will say the matrix brute is a special synth I use it a lot mostly sequencing there are not too many real time recording sequencers that allow this ....but I need to see a few new features like chord sequencing and ratchets and latch recording .....with the explosion of new synths on the market no one can afford to not be in the game 100% and support your flagship products and build trust through timely delivery and support....so let’s see what happens I hope to be pleasantly surprised
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 02:10:45 pm by indiescore »

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #412 on: September 18, 2019, 09:21:38 am »
Hello everyone.

I'm dropping a little line to give you a little bit of vision on the update release.
The update is feature complete since the early August, with a great bunch of exciting features that definitely improve the MatrixBrute sound design potential, and workflow.

About the bugs, last week we almost had a release candidate, but it appeared that we need to spend a little bit more time on the Sync to make it right.
Once the sync will be OK, I think we will be good for a release candidate after the last few quirks that arose from the beta are resolved.

Kind regards

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #413 on: September 18, 2019, 09:32:08 am »
Thanks for the reassurances Kev!  Hoping that a new soundbank will also be released that shows off the new features. Wondering about backwards compatibility with existing patches, too.  Questions, questions...   

Hello !

I can answer these questions !

Preset compatibility: The new updates adds new parameters in the synth, consequently:
- Import a V1 on a V2 MatrixBrute will automatically convert the V1 preset into a v2.
- You cannot import a v2 preset in a v1 MatrixBrute. (The MCC checks the version)
- Once a V1 preset has been converted into a V2 this preset can no longer be imported in a V1.
/!\ To play it safe, I recommend to backup your MatrixBrute preset bank before to upgrade.

Preset Bank: Victor with the help of other designers prepared a new bank with great simple but very playable presets.
Some of them are making a very smart use of the new features and can definitely be super inspiring :)

Best !

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

standingwave

« Reply #414 on: September 18, 2019, 01:25:27 pm »
 I appreciate the update Edouard. Exciting times for Matrixbrute owners!

VAU

« Reply #415 on: September 18, 2019, 02:15:21 pm »
I would be so happy to have more patch memory, not just 256 patches.

indiescore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #416 on: September 18, 2019, 03:03:43 pm »
Hello everyone.

I'm dropping a little line to give you a little bit of vision on the update release.
The update is feature complete since the early August, with a great bunch of exciting features that definitely improve the MatrixBrute sound design potential, and workflow.

About the bugs, last week we almost had a release candidate, but it appeared that we need to spend a little bit more time on the Sync to make it right.
Once the sync will be OK, I think we will be good for a release candidate after the last few quirks that arose from the beta are resolved.

Kind regards

Edouard

this is great news thanks for the update

endreola

« Reply #417 on: September 18, 2019, 09:51:06 pm »
I would be so happy to have more patch memory, not just 256 patches.

Agreed. And with quicker load-times...

WytchCrypt

• Apprentice
« Reply #418 on: September 18, 2019, 11:29:48 pm »
I appreciate the update Edouard. Exciting times for Matrixbrute owners!

Indeed!  And I'm very excited to see what the new release brings  ;)

gregae2001

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #419 on: September 19, 2019, 12:36:33 pm »

Hello !

I can answer these questions !

Preset compatibility: The new updates adds new parameters in the synth, consequently:
- Import a V1 on a V2 MatrixBrute will automatically convert the V1 preset into a v2.
- You cannot import a v2 preset in a v1 MatrixBrute. (The MCC checks the version)
- Once a V1 preset has been converted into a V2 this preset can no longer be imported in a V1.
/!\ To play it safe, I recommend to backup your MatrixBrute preset bank before to upgrade.

Preset Bank: Victor with the help of other designers prepared a new bank with great simple but very playable presets.
Some of them are making a very smart use of the new features and can definitely be super inspiring :)

Best !

Edouard

Your responses are greatly appreciated Edouard! 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines