March 29, 2024, 08:26:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?  (Read 133359 times)

VAU

Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #390 on: August 24, 2019, 10:23:50 pm »

useless to take this further

some makers actually discuss new features with their users, some don't
some need only a feature request section, others need additional tickets and even then don't discuss the requests with the users

different ways to do it

« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 10:39:33 pm by VAU »

KrisL

• Apprentice
« Reply #391 on: August 26, 2019, 04:40:55 pm »
Arturia - just a quick comment to say well done/good to hear things are in the final stages RE this update.  Great to hear it'll be with us soon (and I'll be sure to illustrate the new features via some online content). 

I appreciate my own posts may have appeared negative (from the perspective of Arturia) - but this was never the case - it was always a matter of consideration RE good relations with customers/users (i.e living up to/keeping word - as if trust goes, there's a major problem - and this has been a past issue), rather than anything personal. 

Again, I'll be the first to congratulate Arturia when the update arrives.  It is certainly something we've all been looking forward to. 

Best
Kris

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #392 on: August 26, 2019, 08:51:49 pm »
Well, I am delighted, as we all are, I guess, but I will still not buy Arturia stuff again. There is just too many other companies out there, who are doing this right.

Well, who knows, if this update just blows us all out of the water and comes with some sincere statement by some real person... Hope always dies last.

But nah, Arturia just lost that personal small company feeling entirely for me. In my mind they became just another evil corporation. Am I overreacting? Probably.

But there are so many awesome synthmakers out there who will really seriously take care of me, so I am in the beautiful position to choose a better team    8)

KrisL

• Apprentice
« Reply #393 on: August 27, 2019, 08:33:41 am »
Question for testers:

Are testers being paid for the service they are providing to Arturia/are they being provided with free access to software (i.e V Collection)?

KrisL

• Apprentice
« Reply #394 on: August 27, 2019, 11:08:23 am »
Well, I am delighted, as we all are, I guess, but I will still not buy Arturia stuff again. There is just too many other companies out there, who are doing this right.

Well, who knows, if this update just blows us all out of the water and comes with some sincere statement by some real person... Hope always dies last.

But nah, Arturia just lost that personal small company feeling entirely for me. In my mind they became just another evil corporation. Am I overreacting? Probably.

But there are so many awesome synthmakers out there who will really seriously take care of me, so I am in the beautiful position to choose a better team    8)

In part I agree with you. 

I still won't be purchasing another Arturia product until Arturia show they can be trusted. 

I keep referring to it, but it is important: Frederic said himself 2 years ago on Inside Synthesis' Matrixbrute review that support is now good, and a lot of effort and resources have been put into this domain.  Frederic - I'd like to know exactly what constitutes these new efforts and resources, as it certainly isn't reflected in your handling/delivery of this update.  If you read your own forums with open, objective eyes, the reality is very different.   

Frederic - you also added that Arturia are a company we can trust over time.  How much time is needed, and how can we trust you when your own engineers fail to keep their word RE delivery date?  You shouldn't make promises you can't keep, as this is the very thing that will destroy trust. 

Again - if you said the update delivery was December, I'd have been indifferent.  But I'd have expected the update delivery in December. 

As it is, you gave a date and failed to meet your own schedule.  From a business perspective, this is terrible handling of an already fragile situation - especially given the reputation of your company with respect customer feedback etc was already a sore point (hence your own addressing/mentioning of this issue) - not to mention the flagship update, for many, already being a year or so late. 

PS I trust beta testers are being paid for their efforts.  Or, at the very worst, being offered software as recompense.  You are asking them to provide a skilled service - but not only that: in order to provide this service, they require having purchased a product that costs in the region of $2k - and their understanding of this product.  This should be recompensed - not only for the skill of the testers, but for their time/investment.  Testers - I trust you have given this some thought, as it could be argued that if there is no recompense aside from the update, you are willingly allowing yourselves to be exploited.  The update is Arturia's responsibility - and if they want testers/the provision of a service, this should be recompensed accordingly.  Given the process isn't yet complete, testers should genuinely give thought to this.  We all want an update - but be very weary of allowing an unfair system to continue to exist when it could be dealt with at this very moment.   

I won't be purchasing another Arturia product until Frederic very openly addresses the above issues.   

But I will congratulate Arturia when the update is delivered. 

Kris

yeskeys

• Apprentice
« Reply #395 on: August 31, 2019, 06:35:24 pm »
Seriously - Huge hurrah for the beta testers! 

I suspect they clamored onboard out of a desperation borne of the situation, happy to just get SOMETHING that would improve their own user experience with the product. 

You make great points Kris, they should definitely be rewarded in some way.  But I would have happily got onboard if I had the time (or inclination to help this arguably terrible company).  Let's face it, when you have a passion for music and technology the reward of the advance update is probably enough.

So again, huge thank you to everyone putting in the time to test and provide feedback.

endreola

« Reply #396 on: September 01, 2019, 01:55:30 pm »
I also agree with yeskeys' comment and wish to thank the beta testers for thier services as well.
Hopefully the testing process is going smoothly.

Cheers!

gregae2001

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #397 on: September 13, 2019, 05:50:32 pm »
Any word on a release date for this?    ???

HUBA

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #398 on: September 14, 2019, 10:36:39 pm »

Something is telling me you're new around here  ;D

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
« Reply #399 on: September 15, 2019, 12:00:22 pm »
Spring 2019

gregae2001

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #400 on: September 15, 2019, 03:13:13 pm »

Perhaps I should have said any NEW word on this?   :P   Been watching this thread for over a year now, and like many others are anxiously awaiting the update. Would have signed up to be a beta tester (in which case I'd already have the update), but I honestly don't have the time to give it the proper attention. In the meantime, it's a bit disconcerting to see lots of cool new product announcements (including a Korg update release on their Prologue synth after just 18 months since its' intro), while we wait, wait, wait for Arturia to finally get around to giving their flagship instrument some love.

HUBA

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #401 on: September 15, 2019, 09:23:38 pm »

Perhaps I should have said any NEW word on this?   :P   Been watching this thread for over a year now, and like many others are anxiously awaiting the update. Would have signed up to be a beta tester (in which case I'd already have the update), but I honestly don't have the time to give it the proper attention. In the meantime, it's a bit disconcerting to see lots of cool new product announcements (including a Korg update release on their Prologue synth after just 18 months since its' intro), while we wait, wait, wait for Arturia to finally get around to giving their flagship instrument some love.

Yeah I don't have time either. Seems to me as the beta testing has started it's probably not gonna stop at this point. I would assume we're past most of the delay and it now has to take its time to get ready for release and in the meantime we can choose to be frustrated or not. I would hire another employee though, if I was Arturia.

VAU

« Reply #402 on: September 16, 2019, 12:25:44 pm »
Since the Deluge also has a Matrix and is about the same time on the market:

SYNTHSTROM DELUGE UPDATES since introduction:

V2.0

-- Song arranger mode
-- 30 - 50% or more improvement to CPU efficiency (i.e. more voices)
-- Around 30x more RAM available for working on a song
-- New analog-modelling synth engine features
-- Effect tails may now be heard even after a track finishes playing (including outside of the new arranger mode)
-- MIDI CC, pitch bend, and channel aftertouch recording, sequencing and output
-- MIDI note outputs within kits
-- Note velocity now defaults to that of last touched note (per track)
-- Innumerable other bugfixes and improvements

V2.1

New In Synthstrom Audible 2.1

Sample Engine

multisampling
waveform view
AIFF file support, and wav file support extended to include 8-bit files
sample loop point support – UI, and import from tagged files
high quality 16-point windowed sinc interpolation now used for sample pitch adjustment / sample rate conversion
better quality pitch shifting and time stretching – also ~60% more efficient
automatic pitch detection and transposing of all samples loaded into “synth” instruments, including single-cycle waveforms

MIDI/Gate

greatly reduced jitter on MIDI, gate, and trigger-clock output, regardless of CPU load
when MIDI clock or trigger clock output is enabled, stopping all tracks and then starting one again no longer restarts the clock
can set to ignore MIDI clock input
Arranger

arrangement recording from live performance in song view
can now add / delete instruments, and learn MIDI input channels to them, directly in arranger
automation of “affect entire song” params, in arranger only
Media management

can import a whole folder of samples as a kit
collect media tool – copies all song’s samples to a folder for export
for certain sample params (POLYPHONY, MODE, REVERSE, SPEED, PITCH/SPEED), can now apply change to whole kit by holding affect-entire button
Plus

CPU efficiency improved another ~15% (on top of the 30 – 50% gained in V2.0)
horizontal scroll position numeric indication is now present in arranger, and has been changed everywhere to the more standard “bar.beat” format. The same numeric format is now shown when editing track length
settable defaults and randomness for tempo, swing, key and scale
multiplying a track now alters notes’ iteration dependence to keep the piece sounding the same where possible
sidechain and pitch are now adjustable at the “kit” level, using “affect-entire”

V3.0
New features
* Audio clips (an all-new type of clip, in addition to synth, kit, CV and MIDI)
* Live looping of audio and instrument / MIDI clips, including easy overdubbing / layering, and automatic tempo setting
* Audio clip live looping includes option to record additional audio "margins" either side of loop (from before you even pressed record), to allow a brief crossfade to eliminate click at loop point
* Auto-extending of clip length during note recording
* Recording count-in
* Recording audio or MIDI directly into arrangement tracks
* Audio thru
* Alphanumeric keyboard, allowing text-based names of presets and files
* Deleting of audio and preset files
* New preset-loading interface, with "clone" function for adding multiple preset instances
* USB host mode for MIDI devices
* Ability to switch off automatic sample previewing
* Expanded MIDI control of functions for pedal control of live looping
* Further CPU optimizations to allow an even greater number of sounds to be played at once

and these are just the big updates

different instruments, sure, but Rohan Hill of Synthstrom seems to be a bid closer to his customers

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #403 on: September 16, 2019, 01:14:01 pm »
I hope the volunteer beta testers are at least getting paid.

I follow Arturia on FB. They put a post up last week promoting MicroLab, their new 25-key midi controller. I saw someone post on it about frustrated MXB owners who have been waiting 2+ years for bugfixes to the firmware on Arturia's flagship product while all they seem bothered about is launching new kit 'every couple of lunar cycles'. Don't know if that was someone actually on this forum but it pretty much nailed the problem.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

gregae2001

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #404 on: September 16, 2019, 03:41:56 pm »
I hope the volunteer beta testers are at least getting paid.

I follow Arturia on FB. They put a post up last week promoting MicroLab, their new 25-key midi controller. I saw someone post on it about frustrated MXB owners who have been waiting 2+ years for bugfixes to the firmware on Arturia's flagship product while all they seem bothered about is launching new kit 'every couple of lunar cycles'. Don't know if that was someone actually on this forum but it pretty much nailed the problem.

+1
My thoughts exactly.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines