March 28, 2024, 11:32:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?  (Read 133311 times)

standingwave

Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #375 on: August 17, 2019, 11:39:16 pm »
I agree with you flux. The main thing is that it is happening. If it takes a year to make it amazing and there is actually work being done and communication happening,  take a year. The main thing is that we now know it is happening.
  I'd like it asap, but I will wait as long as it takes; this will likely be the last update she sees.

flux302

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #376 on: August 18, 2019, 06:21:02 pm »
I think it will not take so incredibly long at this point... I just like people to understand development cycles are not over night.

WytchCrypt

• Apprentice
« Reply #377 on: August 18, 2019, 07:44:11 pm »
Edouard has OK'ed letting it be known that the beta has started. It's installed and running on my MxB  ;D

There's some rather good content in this update that will make MxB users happy. Sorry no details yet (NDA) ;)

Very positive news  ;)

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #378 on: August 19, 2019, 01:08:46 pm »
I agree matrixbrute update is long past due... but I'd rather it right than rushed.
On a large open space which was once a 'green belt' area near where I live, 250 houses have been built along with a nursery and a primary school, and a community has moved in, all in the same time it's taken Arturia to release a firmware update for a synthesizer. One thing it certainly hasn't been is rushed.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

VAU

« Reply #379 on: August 20, 2019, 12:53:26 am »
Edouard has OK'ed letting it be known that the beta has started. It's installed and running on my MxB  ;D

There's some rather good content in this update that will make MxB users happy. Sorry no details yet (NDA) ;)

A NDA for a software update?  ???

So first ARTURIA does not discuss the update features here, then they take ages to get things going,
and now they NDA the beta testers?

Can we expect some kind of world wonder then?
Or what could be the reason for a NDA here?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #380 on: August 20, 2019, 02:19:37 am »
A NDA for a software update?  ???

So first ARTURIA does not discuss the update features here, then they take ages to get things going,
and now they NDA the beta testers?

Can we expect some kind of world wonder then?
Or what could be the reason for a NDA here?

It's not "an NDA for a software update", it's a general NDA - a standard item in many businesses dealing with R&D. In development and testing they can prevent leaks and sharing of business critical details. For a beta, picture a situation without an NDA : someone publicly shares details of a new feature or a fix, then it doesn't make it to release => the internet would then explode with complaints and outrage.

It's perfectly normal and doesn't affect anybody negatively. It's really nothing to be upset about.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 02:42:18 am by DrJustice »

VAU

« Reply #381 on: August 20, 2019, 02:50:06 pm »
As you know, customers of other companies appreciate any in-advance-discussion with the makers.
ARTURIA does not discuss in advance. They collect ideas, don't comment on them in public or discuss them,
don't show care about "complaints and outrage" for months and years,
but now do NDA with the beta testers because of possible "complaints and outrage".

I really don't get upset about that (i got other things in life that i have have to save my energy for, 
like caring for my old parents or my job in a disabled home),
but "normal" i would not call ARTURIA's customer communication/update procedure.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #382 on: August 20, 2019, 02:57:34 pm »
but now do NDA with the beta testers because of possible "complaints and outrage".
No they don't. That was my example scenario of what might happen if there was no NDA. As I said, it's a general NDA, pretty much standard in R&D businesses, whether formal or informal. This is a non issue IMO.

stephenm

• Apprentice
« Reply #383 on: August 20, 2019, 06:27:15 pm »
Dr. Justice is right.  NDA's are a normal part of any business when entities outside the company are involved, especially R&D.

Stephen

turbo_kev

« Reply #384 on: August 20, 2019, 08:40:18 pm »
Hi
I believe the option to join up for the MxB beta was made public
so why didn't more of you take up the offer

I joined up and now am testing, and so far it looks very nice
But because of NDA  I cant say any more apart from a lot of people will be very happy

cheers
Kev
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

VAU

« Reply #385 on: August 20, 2019, 10:28:32 pm »

so why didn't more of you take up the offer

even if i had known, i wouldn't have time to beta test properly (reason: see my earlier post)

but if you allow me to quote myself from post #1 of this thread:

"Arturia team, we all love our Matrixbrute,

but please make a comment about what's going on
update-wise.  i'm coming here almost every day to check,
many otheres are hoping and waiting too
"

maybe then you understand, that i find any NDA for an update rather odd
(and i know, they are standard, but they are not standard for updates i thought, just for new products)

the reason, why i am still writing this, even if the update is already being beta tested, is,
that i usually prefer open discussion instead of hidden "nobody knows what's going on"

just my way of seeing it, though

stephenm

• Apprentice
« Reply #386 on: August 21, 2019, 02:42:25 am »
I cant say any more apart from a lot of people will be very happy

Thanks, Kevin.

MichaelMonkey

• Apprentice
« Reply #387 on: August 23, 2019, 12:34:33 am »

Thanks Dr. J.  I am also really glad to hear you signed up for the Beta testing--with the very many ideas, suggestions and generally amazing knowledge you have about synths, including this one. 

I really hope Arturia takes the time to offer a much better user manual with this update.  They can take a cue from Korg on how to save money with it. Don't offer a lengthy manual in print format.  Offer a simple quick start guide in print format (that's really what their manual is), but then offer a much more detailed user manual in pdf format--so it is much easier to supplement with changes in the firmware, etc. and because it is much cheaper to distribute.  My Korg Kronos has a user manual in pdf format that offers hundreds of pages of detailed information about all of its various uses and parameters, both the hardware and software interfaces.

Maybe they can hire Dr. J to do the manual--he certainly deserves to paid something for all of his efforts with the MxB.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #388 on: August 23, 2019, 12:39:01 pm »
Thank you for the confidence, Michael, although I'm not sure that's deserved.

There's a manual Editor on the Arturia team already, so that's being taken care of. I'll pass on you idea to him.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #389 on: August 23, 2019, 12:50:25 pm »
just to back-up what others have said, while I am definitely of the opinion that this update has been unforgivably long in coming (see my post further up this page) it is absolutely normal for beta testers to agree to an NDA.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines