March 29, 2024, 03:47:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?  (Read 133411 times)

yeskeys

• Apprentice
Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #330 on: June 24, 2019, 09:08:18 pm »
This latest post from Arturia is more than a little annoying.  What have we been clamoring for?  INFORMATION.
So they post a pic and want us to GUESS????  some MORE????  WTF.

fede bts

• Apprentice
« Reply #331 on: June 25, 2019, 10:07:20 am »
I'm going to guess it's an easier way to draw in and edit MOD automation. I don't think it's a custom LFO creator, just based on how there's a final blue LED lit up on the 16th step.

Having more than a single lane of MOD automation available for the MatrixBrute would be fantastic. Not sure if that would be possible given the rest of the workflow, but one can dream  :)

Here is a completely unfounded speculation. What if, in order to solve the limitation of a single lane of mod automation, they implemented the possibility to "convert" LFOs to mod automations while in sequencer mode?  That would make pretty much sense, since LFOs are digital and - therefore - programmable, midi/seq syncable, and are listed among the modulation sources in the matrix. Something like: press the two LFO waveshape buttons for a couple of seconds to enable the mode (while sequencer is activated), and the program the mod lane directly on the matrix. This would even solve one of the main users' concern, that is the impossibility of having mod lanes going without notes being triggered on the sequencer. Just guessing, to kill the time. I Wonder what's  @DrJustice opinion!

VAU

« Reply #332 on: June 25, 2019, 11:55:29 am »
Fingers crossed this is what i've been asking for: Single pages for each bar, with dedicated rows for ratcheting, mod, etc.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #333 on: June 25, 2019, 05:31:21 pm »
...I Wonder what's  @DrJustice opinion!
Heh... well, your guess is as good as mine :)

A bipolar "drawn" curve/signal... All LFO waveform LEDs lit... And is that an "E" in the sequencer display's first character? I've no better ideas than those already aired...

What I do know is that this is proof of new firmware running on the synth!  :D

Schrage Musik

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #334 on: June 25, 2019, 06:27:47 pm »
Here's where I am on all this.

The MB was a significant investment for me. I feel that Arturia has let us all down on communication as well as the tardiness of promised fixes. We've been taken for granted - mugs, if you like. That's disappointing to say the least.

I'm now in a position of wanting to spend some money (retirement coming up) and I'm irritated by the fact that the three things that most appeal to me are the MicroFreak, the KeyStep and Pigments. All, of course, by Arturia.

There's a saying: "Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice, shame on me". That's how I feel. If the MB update comes out VERY soon and is VERY good, I'll probably throw logic to the wind and buy more Arturia hardware (I'll probably be too late for the current deal on Pigments' so that's out of the window) but, at the moment, I'm looking for anything NOT by Arturia (or NI).   Arturia need to do or say something to make it up to us 'early adopters' - to restore trust at least.

standingwave

« Reply #335 on: June 26, 2019, 06:39:55 pm »
 I agree with everything you say Schrage. I'd like to also add:
 This may likely be the last attention that the brute ever receives from Arturia regarding firmware. I'd prefer they take the time they need to make it as right as possible (as long as we're being kept abreast of the development)
 Arturia seem to be making an attempt to quiet the growing unrest by beginning some work on the brute's current faulty and underdeveloped firmware. Before another upgrade happens Arturia will likely be bankrupt or have moved onto another flagship. I think we should keep the pressure on but also remain patient; I'd rather have a fully developed synth that will outlast Arturia's poor business practices than a half there synth sooner.

Before abandoning hardware, it would be cool if developers made their firmware opensource. Long term it could add to a synth manufacturer's market presence: people could develop and trade custom firmware, giving old hardware new life and unexpected possibilities.

Processaurus

« Reply #336 on: June 27, 2019, 08:48:16 am »
Hello everyone.

Indeed today is the summer solstice.
Sadly, we are not able to deliver the update today.
Even though my colleague is doing his best to deliver this right on time, the firmware update is not ready yet.

Best regards

Edouard

Thanks for the update and continued development of the MxB! Exciting that the sequencer is getting some work done on it, there’s a lot of potential there with the giant grid of buttons. Performance based sequencers, as an instrument of sorts, are really interesting territory, I really like the matrix arpeggiator feature for that reason, and look forward to using whatever new features are in development to explore more of that hybrid instrument/machine idea.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 08:49:51 am by Processaurus »

Reaktiv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #337 on: June 27, 2019, 12:59:16 pm »
Great news! I think we're getting close, really looking forward to update my MB....
The letter 'E' on the screen could mean 'envelope' so maybe we'll get an extra customizable envelope (loopable?), that would be awesome.

Thanks Arturia for not letting us down (even after all those years!)
soundcloud.com/reaktiv1979

HUBA

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #338 on: June 27, 2019, 09:22:40 pm »
Great.. so the eta now went from spring to end of spring to:
“We’ll do our best to make it happen.” With no timeline at all.
Feels quite discouraging.

Although I have no way to know this, and it is true I haven't been "waiting" for a firmware update for very long, I don't read this one sentence as an indication of a change in direction, policy or prediction from Alturia from the other statements that an upgrade is in the works and nearly done. (e.g. should be out by beginning of summer). You can tell from the entire email that this person was doing his best to be encouraging and supportive, but without providing specifics, and doing so with English as his non-primary language.  Seeing the email from that lens, I took it as simply more of the same.  I probably shouldn't have even posted it since it doesn't really add anything to the equation.

That email quote actually made me optimistic, so thanks for that. Had nearly lost hope about this ever to surface and came in to check mostly out of habit. Seems to me it's really happening after all. However painstakingly slowly.

I share some of the frustration about the missing OS upgrade, especially the lack of information is quite uh.. unsettling. Wouldn't hurt to expand the project to involve more than one dudes spare time once a week if the weather is bad either.

This may likely be the last attention that the brute ever receives from Arturia regarding firmware. I'd prefer they take the time they need to make it as right as possible (as long as we're being kept abreast of the development)

Agreed

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
« Reply #339 on: June 28, 2019, 12:32:19 pm »
Mmmmmm I do think the trend for companies releasing stuff that is incomplete and then updating the firmware when they feel like it is too easy for them. They want their cake and eat it too. Why are we beta testing their shoddy firmware? They don't say in their advertising "oh yeah and by the way we haven't really finished the software yet".
Arturia if you didn't have the resources to deliver a complete instrument you should not have released it.

DSI Tempest. Claimed they would have user uploaded samples. Never happened. Claimed you could record performances of improvised beat selection but crashes and requires a re-boot if you try it.

DSI abandoned the development and left us with a final firmware update with bugs n all forever.

WytchCrypt

• Apprentice
« Reply #340 on: June 29, 2019, 08:20:16 pm »

This may likely be the last attention that the brute ever receives from Arturia regarding firmware.

I'd say that's a 99.99% probability of being correct   ;D

Since that's the case I totally agree with you and want them to take the time to do it right...hopefully they follow through and give us the amazing instrument we're all hoping the MxB can be  ;)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 08:22:48 pm by WytchCrypt »

TonyToot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #341 on: June 30, 2019, 10:37:08 am »
People talk of time and 'getting it right', how about another 2.5 years of dead air... empty promises and vague pictures that mean nothing,  how about that time?

I appreciate that there are some people that are extremely patient souls, but 2.5 years and yet 'more time' is needed to release this firmware update all the whilst the company updates and releases new products. Says a lot.

Regardless of whether the person or persons who coded the bass software for the synth didn't comment their software as someone suggested or any other reasons, I care not. What I do care about is having this problem software resolved, but alas, all I ever read is pathetic teasers that an update is just around the corner... spring turns to summer, summer turns to autumn, autumn turns to winter, another year passes and we're back to square one again.

Piss poor.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 10:52:02 am by TonyToot »

Speedball030

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Make music, not loudness war.
    • My music on Soundcloud

standingwave

« Reply #343 on: July 04, 2019, 06:52:49 pm »
Sounds about right. Haha!
 I hope you're wrong about the next 2.5 years longer of a wait though.
 I'm going to share the shit out of this if you dont mind.
 Thanks!

KrisL

• Apprentice
« Reply #344 on: July 04, 2019, 08:22:13 pm »
So this is what's happening!  :o
https://www.captiongenerator.com/1450312/Arturia-Matrixbrute

Hilarious  :)

I'm giving Arturia a short while longer, then I'm considering uploading a comprehensive set of videos titled 'Everything Wrong With the Matrixbrute'.

Arturia: what is the release date for the update?     

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines