March 28, 2024, 09:18:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?  (Read 133248 times)

TimeEchoProductions

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #300 on: June 17, 2019, 10:36:26 pm »
Great.. so the eta now went from spring to end of spring to:
“We’ll do our best to make it happen.” With no timeline at all.
Feels quite discouraging.

yeskeys

• Apprentice
« Reply #301 on: June 17, 2019, 11:07:22 pm »
Only thing they could do to even try to make it right is to:

1. Fix everything.
2. Send out free MB hard cases to purchasers "bought too early" to receive one free.  They took my money and used it to make free cases for newer users.  They are just making me madder and madder.  And more mad too.

fede bts

• Apprentice
« Reply #302 on: June 18, 2019, 09:04:01 am »
“We’ll do our best to make it happen.”

I truly LOVE my Matrixbrute, but these statements really make me consider selling it (and regret I bought a Microfreak, which - just for the record - was a faulty unit and was sent to repair on day one). Arturia should feel ashamed for what they have done to their customers. Yes, MXB is great synthesizer and - yes - it works darn well for most of the time; minor sequencer limitations are not a problem for me, since I am midi sequencing it pretty much always. New features would be warmly welcomed, but I understand this is not a priority and, when I bought it, I bought MXB for what it was and not for what it could possibly become. But not addressing minor and major bugs for more than two years, and answering with nothing but vague and cryptic messages is starting to annoy me. It is clear that - at this point - they are facing some problems in the updating procedure (maybe the same problems imagined by wytchcrypt). But it is a shame nobody in the whole company is taking any responsibility for this shipwreck; they are just trying to keep it a secret (which is good as long as you quickly overcome your difficulties, but unacceptable at this point).  :o

MichaelMonkey

• Apprentice
« Reply #303 on: June 18, 2019, 03:19:12 pm »
Great.. so the eta now went from spring to end of spring to:
“We’ll do our best to make it happen.” With no timeline at all.
Feels quite discouraging.

Although I have no way to know this, and it is true I haven't been "waiting" for a firmware update for very long, I don't read this one sentence as an indication of a change in direction, policy or prediction from Alturia from the other statements that an upgrade is in the works and nearly done. (e.g. should be out by beginning of summer). You can tell from the entire email that this person was doing his best to be encouraging and supportive, but without providing specifics, and doing so with English as his non-primary language.  Seeing the email from that lens, I took it as simply more of the same.  I probably shouldn't have even posted it since it doesn't really add anything to the equation. 

TimeEchoProductions

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #304 on: June 19, 2019, 12:03:01 am »
Fair enough. I sincerely hope they come out with
the update soon, and that they totally nail it and
redeem themselves.

MichaelMonkey

• Apprentice
« Reply #305 on: June 19, 2019, 03:22:47 pm »
One thing I really really hope they put into the update, which seems like it would be simple and a no-brainer and very useful, is to be able to send midi control messages from all knobs and sliders. There are others who have mentioned this for various sensible reasons (like working within DAWs) and I am sure that would be useful.  My specific reason for wanting it is that Spectrasonics have told me that they want to do a hardware integration with the MatrixBrute for Omnisphere but that they too are waiting for an upgrade with this functionality.  Like others here, I love the fact that I can use the MatrixBrute with all of its functionality without a computer.  I have had it set up in my music studio for just over a week.  I have connected it via audio, midi and CV outputs and inputs to my Moog Mother-32, my Korg Minilogue, even my Korg Kronos, without ever once turning on my Mac--and I have had such a blast. On the other hand, once I really get a handle on the deep programming of the MatrixBrute itself, it would be really cool to have access to its plethora of knobs and sliders as a controller for Omnisphere.  It is difficult to imagine a synth more cut out for such a use as the MatrixBrute.  I will send a ticket to Arturia asking for this and letting them know Spectrasonics told me they too are waiting for this (I have to believe they already know this and have known it for a long, long time).

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #306 on: June 19, 2019, 04:40:01 pm »
One thing I really really hope they put into the update, which seems like it would be simple and a no-brainer and very useful, is to be able to send midi control messages from all knobs and sliders...
It does this already, ref. user manual section 6.1. You need to have "MIDI param send" and "MIDI param receive" set to "On", using the MIDI Control Center (they're on as default). You can also set "Enable 14.bit automation" to "On" in the MCC to get many of the knobs to use higher resolution (than the usual 7 bits) for the CCs.

MichaelMonkey

• Apprentice
« Reply #307 on: June 19, 2019, 04:48:01 pm »
One thing I really really hope they put into the update, which seems like it would be simple and a no-brainer and very useful, is to be able to send midi control messages from all knobs and sliders...
It does this already, ref. user manual section 6.1. You need to have "MIDI param send" and "MIDI param receive" set to "On", using the MIDI Control Center (they're on as default). You can also set "Enable 14.bit automation" to "On" in the MCC to get many of the knobs to use higher resolution (than the usual 7 bits) for the CCs.

I wonder why Spectrasonics is saying they are waiting for this from Arturia then.  Do they mean they are waiting for something else?  This is what they sent to me in response to my request that that they add the MatrixBrute to their list of hardware integration synths for Omnisphere: "Regarding the Matrixbrute – we are actually waiting on Arturia to release a firmware update that allows the front panel of the Matrixbrute to send MIDI data. As of now, the majority of buttons and knobs don’t send MIDI data making it impossible to create a hardware profile for it." And in a follow up email after I suggested this functionality was at least partially available, they said this: "As mentioned – some knobs and buttons don’t send MIDI yet which is why we’re still waiting on a firmware update."  Are they just wrong, or am I missing something?  I hope they are communicating with each other directly, so Spectrasonics can get whatever they need to add the MB to their list of hardware integration with Omnisphere.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #308 on: June 19, 2019, 05:07:58 pm »

I wonder why Spectrasonics is saying they are waiting for this from Arturia then.  Do they mean they are waiting for something else?  This is what they sent to me in response to my request that that they add the MatrixBrute to their list of hardware integration synths for Omnisphere: "Regarding the Matrixbrute – we are actually waiting on Arturia to release a firmware update that allows the front panel of the Matrixbrute to send MIDI data. As of now, the majority of buttons and knobs don’t send MIDI data making it impossible to create a hardware profile for it." And in a follow up email after I suggested this functionality was at least partially available, they said this: "As mentioned – some knobs and buttons don’t send MIDI yet which is why we’re still waiting on a firmware update."  Are they just wrong, or am I missing something?  I hope they are communicating with each other directly, so Spectrasonics can get whatever they need to add the MB to their list of hardware integration with Omnisphere.
No they're not wrong in saying that "some knobs and buttons don’t send MIDI yet". You can see in the manual section 6.1 which knobs send and receive MIDI (almost all of them), and that no buttons send MIDI. What it has is still enough to use it as a MIDI controller, and to make automation tools (if you run Cubase or Ableton there are already community made MIDI device definitions for those).

One of the repeated feature requests has been for the buttons to send and receive MIDI for more complete automation.

One of my top three wishes for the MxB is for it to get a full MIDI Sysex protocol, supporting request, send and receive for every parameter (includes the mod matrix and the sequencer), as well as patch dumps. This would open up for true MIDI editors and full remote control, and allow the community to start working on such tools. It would also be an insurance against the MCC reaching end of life at some point (I intend to still be using the MxB in 30 years time, and there are no guarantees that the MCC will be around then, running on the OSes of the time). I don't know how tight integration Spectrasonics is doing (never used their stuff), but if they're holding off things perhaps they too are waiting for a full sysex protocol
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 05:36:46 pm by DrJustice »

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
« Reply #309 on: June 21, 2019, 09:50:00 am »
Today is the end of spring. It would have been a good day to release a firmware update. BUT instead they release yet another hardware product. WTF.  ??? Really disappointed with Arturia.

The Matrix Brute is NOT the best analogue mono etc like they spout in their advertising blurb.

Now the bleeding thing won't do a tune "tuning failed". Geeesh. This is without anything plugged into any cv.

TBH I have a feeling in my bones that this update will never happen. This is based on the pattern of their behaviour so far. So all you MxB users better get used to the fact that it may be like this forever.

So only even divisions no odd divisions at all for the LFO meh and a sequencer that is barely finished meh. Plus so many other things the other members have logged as bugs or missing features. meh.

It is so disrespectful for them to be offering a free case to NEW buyers while we furnish their business with our hard earned cash $2000 + and are still waiting for them to finish building the MxB.

Certainly won't be buying anything from them again especially with the slew of people getting bricked DOA Microfreaks.

If they could just be honest with us that would be a start. Some communication with clear facts about what is happening would stop angry people like me making posts like this ^.

Arturia! TALK TO US.

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #310 on: June 21, 2019, 11:21:06 am »
Hello everyone.

If they could just be honest with us that would be a start. Some communication with clear facts about what is happening would stop angry people like me making posts like this ^.

Indeed today is the summer solstice.
Sadly, we are not able to deliver the update today.
Even though my colleague is doing his best to deliver this right on time, the firmware update is not ready yet.

Still, things are moving forward, and we are committed to deliver a great update.
Unfortunately, to make things right, more time is required.

Some communication with clear facts

I tried to post from time to time, but yes, I haven't posted "facts"
I can show you this as a proof that things are moving on.
I won't tell you what it is, but some of you may guess...

Best regards

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #311 on: June 21, 2019, 01:53:35 pm »
...the slew of people getting bricked DOA Microfreaks....
Where are you seeing this? Google can't find it for me...

Edit: No answer was forthcoming, and Google still can't find any report of DOA or bricked MicroFreaks for me, so this is simply not the case then. It's fine to be frustrated by a late update, but making up stuff like that is not cool at all.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 10:20:14 pm by DrJustice »

fede bts

• Apprentice
« Reply #312 on: June 21, 2019, 03:36:04 pm »

I tried to post from time to time, but yes, I haven't posted "facts"
I can show you this as a proof that things are moving on.
I won't tell you what it is, but some of you may guess...

Best regards

Edouard

I had written a long post regarding this lack of communication, my mistrust towards Arturia and my doubts concerning this update. Yet, when I read your post - Edouard - I decided to delete it, because I appreciated your effort and didn't want to pile on. Yet, see, in this very case you didn't provide any specification nor deadline, but FOR THE FIRST TIME IN TWO YEARS AND A HALF we had the proof that someone is actually taking care of our beloved MxB. I think that this is what us customers are asking for. After all this time, we ask to be informed and reassured. I think you understand that, in 2019, people buy and sell synthesizers very fast: is hard for us to justify having a 2000eu piece of gear sitting on our desks for a three years period, leave alone a piece of gear which is affected by several bugs and clearly needs a makeover. Many of us are/were wondering about selling their unit, but decided to trust you and patiently wait till the update is ready; you should be proud of this, because it testifies how much people love MxB. I don't think I would have waited so long for another synthesizer. Given that, don't take our love for granted and PLEASE, PLEASE come here more often to give a sign of your (I am referring to the whole company) commitment.

standingwave

« Reply #313 on: June 21, 2019, 05:11:05 pm »
Merci Edourd!

This is exactly what I hoped for. Take the time that the update needs to be the best, just let us know how things are going from time to time. I love my brute and am willing to wait for a good thing.
 As was said though, please dont take your customer's patience for granted; we have invested a great amount of money in your company with this purchase and expect respect for that.

... Looks like it may be ratcheting implementation in the picture, or some sequencer updates?!

I'm vibrating with excitement!

fede bts

• Apprentice
« Reply #314 on: June 21, 2019, 05:46:35 pm »

... Looks like it may be ratcheting implementation in the picture, or some sequencer updates?!

I'm vibrating with excitement!

One thing I noticed is that, in the picture, all the lights of lfo2 are turned on. Could be because of a sort of debug mode, but, if this picture is lfo-related, I would rather speculate on a sort of customizable lfo waveform which you can draw using the mod matrix! Otherwise, if sequencer-related, it could be a new way to draw automations.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines