June 17, 2019, 08:57:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums



Author Topic: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?  (Read 20354 times)

Chromat1c

  • Apprentice
  • Jr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 58
  • Karma: 0
Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #285 on: June 05, 2019, 04:36:18 pm »
Two years is an epic amount of time to fix some bugs and add some features. Can anybody enlighten me as to why this is taking soooo long? The MxB is just a synth. Its not like it is a space rocket on its way to Mars that needs special science stuff for space rockets.

He did say beginning of Summer which to be fair is the end of Spring. So only two weeks to go!

KrisL

  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 11
  • Karma: 0
Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #286 on: June 06, 2019, 07:18:37 pm »
Two years is an epic amount of time to fix some bugs and add some features. Can anybody enlighten me as to why this is taking soooo long?

I'll have a stab at some potential reasons:

1)  Complacency/indifference from the top
2)  Attention focused elsewhere - which equates to little-zero customer follow-through
3)  Poor management
4)  Lack of a compliance checklist
5)  Non-existent time/resource allocation
6)  Arturia acting only when they have to - not because they want to retain a loyal customer base
7)  Disagreement with original designers/no contacts to implement fixes
8 )  Incapable of actually implementing fixes (probably unlikely, but not necessarily so if point 7 is the reason)
9)  Arrogance
10) Office/workplace attitude.  Which I've personally seen (often) in workplaces i.e too much focus on everyone in the office being 'friends' - to the point where the office becomes a small & complacent cult-world in itself, with little-no concern for the outside world.


Arturia - your customers are not just hobby musicians (not that this should make a difference - all customers should be treated with equal respect and care), but also professional musicians with industry contacts.  Your reputation could nosedive at an alarming rate if the subject of the MB/Arturia arose in a studio.


There needs to be an attitude change.  Frederic promised this a number of years ago.  I'd say he has failed.
If the problem isn't stemming directly from Frederic, he should give serious thought to either having words with his staff, or he should consider letting go of the individuals contributing to the problem.

He should also have words with Edouard RE casual posts on the MB fb page.  A casual approach is viewed as smug when there are tasks waiting to be done.  Please tidy up the bomb site before inviting us round for dinner.  Not that we the customer should even feel the need to offer solutions.   

The reputation of the company should come first.  And presently that reputation is, in certain circles, sinking (see the EMS/VCS3 post on muff wiggler.  Many are abandoning ship/have abandoned ship).  The worst Arturia could do is bury their head in the sand.     


None of the above matters, as everything above are issues that should be dealt with internally.  The end-user shouldn't be having to question reasons why a company have failed to deliver in a timely and respectful manner.  The question shouldn't arise in the first place.  This in itself is a failure.


Ultimately, all owners of Arturia equipment will likely come to the conclusion that, irrespective of reason, there is no valid reason for what should be valued customers having to wait 2 years for a flagship bug fix.


Even when this fix comes, Arturia shouldn't expect eternal gratefulness from MB owners. 

'Get your act together and don't let this ever happen again' would be a good outcome for them. 


« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 03:42:24 pm by KrisL »

standingwave

  • Jr. Member
  • Full Member
  • **
  • Posts: 104
  • Karma: 6
Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #287 on: June 07, 2019, 04:18:26 pm »
 I agree with all of the above mentioned and would like to add by saying:
-  I for one dont really care about Arturia as a business, that isn't my circus. I have my own business and family to worry about.
- If Arturia can make it good and finally complete development on the VERY expensive instrument I purchased from them, It will go a long way regarding their reputation and my future business purchase decisions.
- My opinion as to why the repairs/complete development did not happen:
    Arturia is a business (and a young one at that). The management obviously thought they could get away with not looking after their past releases without it having an affect on their bottom line. Many Brute owners, myself included, brought our concerns into public forums and,  I'm guessing, it has caused a financial loss for them. Judging by the company's past decisions, I cant see any other reson for them to finish the brute. Or perhaps peoples speculation about multi-voice cards to add-on to the Brute etc. are a real possibility....
 Cheers.

MajorFubar

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 239
  • Karma: 5
Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #288 on: June 07, 2019, 07:20:47 pm »
I just think they're like UK insurance companies, it's all about attracting new customers, not appeasing existing ones. Releasing shiny new hardware and software brings in new customers, because people will buy those things, but existing customers not only expect bug fixes for free (they have a right to) but they aren't prepared to pay for firmware upgrades and enhancements either, so there's no immediate financial incentive to focus resources on those things.

New hardware and software gets a 6-8 week window after launch where the product-specific support team is active on here and there are a flurry of 'dot' upgrades to fix the first wave of bugs and maladies (see all the activity on the MicroFreak subforum for a current example, but all product releases receive the same). After that window has expired, the developers move on to creating the new toy.
2011 iMac 27" 2013 MBP 13" V Collection 6 Analog Lab 3 KeyLab 88 KeyLab 49 mk1 KeyStep

MichaelMonkey

  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 11
  • Karma: 0
Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #289 on: June 09, 2019, 03:35:02 pm »
Someone probably already mentioned this in this or another thread, but is it possible Arturia knows it cannot quash some of these bugs without some hardware changes, so they are working on both firmware and hardware changes simultaneously?

DrJustice

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 564
  • Karma: 271
Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #290 on: June 09, 2019, 05:11:23 pm »
Someone probably already mentioned this in this or another thread, but is it possible Arturia knows it cannot quash some of these bugs without some hardware changes, so they are working on both firmware and hardware changes simultaneously?
I don't know of any "bugs" that's tied to the hardware. AFAIK the hardware is solid.

If you encounter anything that seems strange/buggy, please post on the forum and we'll explore and diagnose together, then reporting (through support tickets) anything that's seem like bugs.

Chromat1c

  • Apprentice
  • Jr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 58
  • Karma: 0
Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #291 on: June 12, 2019, 08:39:41 pm »

He did say beginning of Summer which to be fair is the end of Spring. So only two weeks to go!

He did say beginning of Summer which to be fair is the end of Spring. So only one week to go!

VAU

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 207
  • Karma: 13
Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #292 on: June 14, 2019, 06:05:54 am »
20.000 clicks ...

but no news...

yeskeys

  • Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 30
  • Karma: 0
Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #293 on: June 14, 2019, 05:52:53 pm »
I'm pretty patient.  I recently got a Korg Kronos and have spent a ton of time with it, as it's amazing and probably the best keyboard I've ever had, and I've had a LOT of keyboards - I'm late 50's and am very experienced in music technology, not a newbie.

So after months of not being able to tear myself away from the Kronos, I came back to this forum figuring that Spring's almost up and I'll load the new software for my MB.  BTW the MB REALLY pairs well with the Kronos.

Wha????!!  Still not done and pushed to Summer???  This company Arturia sucks.  They fucking suck.  Just make your schematics and OS open source so some responsible musicians with programming know how can take over.  I'll be the first in line.  Arturia should be embarrassed and run out of town.  Unbelievable.


WytchCrypt

  • Newbie
  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 12
  • Karma: 0
Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #294 on: June 14, 2019, 07:05:40 pm »
I've been watching this thread for months every since I bought my MxB nearly a year ago.  As a former software engineer (14 yrs at Sun Microsystems - where Java was actually created...sorry Oracle  ;)) I can only hope that the OS upgrade delay could be due to something I commonly experienced at Sun.  The original programmers who worked on the MxB didn't comment their code then bailed, leaving some new coder(s) thrown into the bug fix project to spend their time untangling an undocumented mess of spaghetti they inherited.  Wouldn't be the first time.  Also, making one change or fixing one bug can negatively effect many other parts of the code and introduce new bugs so all branches of function need to be retested...likely incrementally after each bug fix.  Perhaps the initial developer(s) didn't put documented test procedures in place?  That would make the software QA test process much more difficult and time consuming.  Maybe this is why we hear so little from the company in this thread about the status of the upgrade project?  It's embarrassing to admit on a public forum that your bug fix team has been screwed by your development team  :(

If it sounds like I'm making excuses for Arturia and the time we've been waiting for the upgrade, I guess I'm trying...because the alternative of a company who leaves the owners of it's flagship synth high and dry for so long is an ugly reality I'd rather not be forced to accept  >:( 

TimeEchoProductions

  • Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 14
  • Karma: 0
Pigments got an update....

I know it could be different teams or programmers
but each time a another product gets an update - especially Newer products -  before
their FLAGSHIP, when we have been waiting years,
it feels a bit like a slap in the face.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:44:47 pm by TimeEchoProductions »

geronimo

  • Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 37
  • Karma: 1
Yes, Microfreak also had an update as well as the CMI V.  :)
MacPro 2 X 2,66 Ghz Fireface 800 RME & LOGIC 9.1, D.P. 6.02 & Gibson ES 295 et Explorer Pro _ Viruc C & Alphatrack _
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-HVX0HLsEc

Chromat1c

  • Apprentice
  • Jr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 58
  • Karma: 0
Who else has a weird feeling in their bones that this is just never going to happen?

Arturia your deadline is 21/06/2019...

Thats this Friday coming. This thread needs advertising on Gearslutz.

MajorFubar

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 239
  • Karma: 5
Arturia your deadline is 21/06/2019...

Thats this Friday coming.
Nope. ETA has been moved right to "beginning of Summer", see post from Edouard_Arturia, page 18, d/d 03 May.
If you ever find yourself hanging from a cliff edge by your fingertips and Arturia have taken over the mountain rescue contract, you may as well just say your final prayers and willingly fall to your death rather than hang there in the vain hope they arrive before you fall.
2011 iMac 27" 2013 MBP 13" V Collection 6 Analog Lab 3 KeyLab 88 KeyLab 49 mk1 KeyStep

MichaelMonkey

  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 11
  • Karma: 0
I know this is probably very much the same as some of the emails many of you have received, but thought I'd share it anyway FWIW.  This is the email I received this morning from Arturia after I requested an update on the update as a new MB owner:

"Hi Michael,

Thank you for your interest on our products.

We're indeed completely aware regarding the fact that users are waiting since a long time ago for this update to happen.

I can already definitely confirm you that my colleagues are actually working on it.

The referenced issues should be fixed and many new features are awaiting as well.

I cannot provide you all the related details but we'll take as much as possible our customers requests into account.

As this is a somewhat important task, and as we'd like it to be as near as what our customer are expecting to this indeed requires time to do so properly.

I do not have a precise date to provide you at the moment unfortunately even if i'd really like to but you can be assured that we'll do our best in order for this to happen.

Indeed, let us know if you need any further information at the moment.

Best regards,
Guillaume - Arturia Support"

 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines