March 28, 2024, 01:58:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?  (Read 133265 times)

rens

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #270 on: May 03, 2019, 11:49:14 pm »
I'm sure most of us would prefer the update to be thorough and a bit late rather than rushed and incomplete; as long as we are being made aware of the situation.
 Thanks Edouard!

This. 

aWc

• Apprentice
    • aWc
« Reply #271 on: May 04, 2019, 12:17:13 am »
Good news. May I suggest to Arturia to recruit our own Dr Justice as a beta tester? I think I speak for most around here saying that he has the deepest knowledge of the MatrixBrute, including having precisely documented all the known bugs, and suggested the most pertinent improvements.

fede bts

• Apprentice
« Reply #272 on: May 04, 2019, 09:56:23 am »
I'm sure most of us would prefer the update to be thorough and a bit late rather than rushed and incomplete; as long as we are being made aware of the situation.

+1

Jimger

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Jimger Soundcloud page
« Reply #273 on: May 04, 2019, 12:30:39 pm »
 Thanks Edouard!

This.

+ another 1

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #274 on: May 04, 2019, 10:03:58 pm »
I'm sure everyone values your honesty. However, for months, the ETA has been "in Spring". Now that we're half way through Spring or thereabouts, it's now "hopefully beginning of Summer" (paraphrasing you, but that's the gist). If this ETA drifts any more to the right, it's going to grow itself a toothbrush moustache and start strutting about in a goose-step.

Some members here say they have been waiting two and a half years for bug fixes. Can't they at least have the bug fixes now, and let's worry about all the shiny new features when they are fully ready and tested?
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

minus_ego

• Apprentice
« Reply #275 on: May 06, 2019, 06:36:48 pm »
On the subject of promised dates, the Matrix brute was announced in Jan 2016 with an initial release date of Spring 2016.  My pre-order (which I placed as soon as it was announced) shipped end of January 2017.  I would recommend continued patience.    ;D

Howard Scarr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #276 on: May 07, 2019, 08:15:06 am »
Also very much looking forward to the update. Learning patience...

turbo_kev

« Reply #277 on: May 07, 2019, 06:46:30 pm »
I hope they can do something about auditioning new pre-set's
from the midi control centre .

im really fed up with having to close my daw , just to send a new patch /es

then having to open my daw again to listen to it

is it not possible to have something like a vst version of midi control centre from within the daw

cheers
kev

BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

VAU

« Reply #278 on: May 07, 2019, 08:17:59 pm »
i wish there was an extension box with proper display and loads of RAM

tubbutec or lintronics ?

KrisL

• Apprentice
« Reply #279 on: May 21, 2019, 02:39:28 am »
Hello.
Hello.

The Matrixbrute developer is working full time on the MatrixBrute update.
I don't expect anything less, given I/we are paying his and your wage. 

> New features are being implemented
  If bug fixes were delivered in a timely manner, you could probably have sold updates as add-on packs.  I'd have paid for them (if bugs had been addressed).  This is potentially a missed business opportunity. 

But I'm not giving any more money to Arturia until you deal with extant problems. 

Lumping the two together (bugs and updates) comes across as an excuse for delays. 

If this were my company and I had sold a relatively expensive product with numerous bugs to many individuals, I would take it upon myself as a moral obligation to fix these problems as quickly as possible.

> Bugs are being addressed
  Hopefully fully dealt with, and fixed entirely. 

We are still aiming at the beginning of summer
Wait - I thought it was Spring?

...and here we go again with Arturia potentially losing customer confidence. 

Promising a date and not delivering smacks of (at best) poor management.  At worst it smacks of complacency/indifference.

Don't give the public dates if you can't deliver.  You are breaking trust.

I would have cared less if you proposed a date for December.  But when December arrived, I'd be expecting you to live up to your word.

I assume Frederic reads messages posted on his site.  Frederic - please take seriously what your customers are saying.  You already said on inside synthesis' promotional video for the MB that customer service was going to be a priority. 

What happened?

There is an element of casual RE addressing customer concerns/dealing with problems RE existing gear that is either severe oversight, or is an issue at management level. 

Everyone is expendable. 

hoping that the test/beta-test will not dig out bugs that could delay the release.
  Given your developer has been working on this for 2 years, I'm sure it'll be bombproof. 

Cheers
  Slightly casual for my taste when you have thousands of my money in your bank account and I have an instrument (instruments, given I have more than one Matrixbrute) that partly doesn't do what I was told it would do, but I'll go along with your tone for now: 

Cheers.

You said spring.  Spring is nearly over.  Perhaps you shouldn't have said spring.  If spring wasn't enough time, this is, again, poor management RE calculating workload/schedule (and compensating for potential bumps in the road).  That, or resources have been thrown at this last-minute (...which would be a concern).

PS have you dealt with/are you dealing with the triangle wave issue?

Kris
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 03:11:50 am by KrisL »

fede bts

• Apprentice
« Reply #280 on: May 27, 2019, 06:41:06 pm »
Arturia, I know you are actively working on this update, but may I ask you how it is going? 
I have had a terrible week, struggling with my job, a painful gastritis and a faulty Microfreak (which is now being repaired by the official italian distributor); good news on my favourite instrument would probably make my day! ;D

VAU

« Reply #281 on: May 30, 2019, 02:14:41 am »
23 days left til end of spring 2019...

« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 02:16:12 am by VAU »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #282 on: May 30, 2019, 12:52:53 pm »
23 days left til end of spring 2019...

Last post from Arturia (03 May) it's now going to be summer.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

VAU

« Reply #283 on: May 30, 2019, 02:41:25 pm »
Summer 2019?

endreola

« Reply #284 on: May 31, 2019, 05:55:54 am »
Ha!  Yes, I would hope in 2019

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines