March 28, 2024, 11:49:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?  (Read 133254 times)

gregae2001

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #255 on: April 11, 2019, 06:56:27 pm »
To quote Tom Petty: "The waiting is the hardest part..."    ::)

Neosynth

• Apprentice
« Reply #256 on: April 11, 2019, 08:35:22 pm »
I know the wait for the update can be long, but
Do you know what bugs and new functions can be added to this update?

To me and all of us, we would do a great favor and would be a leap in the sequence functions, that in this firmware introduce the change of individual parameters per step, would be great.

Greetings Neosynth

bunja1979

• Apprentice
« Reply #257 on: April 12, 2019, 06:23:06 pm »
Hi,

Unfortunately there is nothing I can say at the moment... But if you want your voice to be heard, please, contact the support services. The more people will do that, the more impact you'll have and the update will happen.

Regards,

Matthieu

ok why dont we all contact them today ? and can transposing be an option real transposing , lete all make a deal to message support today yes ?

fede bts

• Apprentice
« Reply #258 on: April 26, 2019, 02:28:04 pm »
Still waiting  8). I ordered a Microfreak in the meanwhile, still I didn't forget my Matrixbrute!

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #259 on: April 28, 2019, 09:52:06 pm »
@Arturia, when it comes to new features, why not use magnetic labels for the front panel where needed to update or add text or images.

I found that custom magnetic labels cost nothing these days, even in low quantities, e.g. here.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #260 on: April 28, 2019, 11:07:42 pm »
@Arturia, when it comes to new features, why not use magnetic labels for the front panel where needed to update or add text or images.

I found that custom magnetic labels cost nothing these days, even in low quantities, e.g. here.
Arturia are very aware of the option to use magnetic label plates, they have been including them with the KeyLab mkII since launch.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #261 on: April 29, 2019, 12:38:31 am »
Arturia are very aware of the option to use magnetic label plates, they have been including them with the KeyLab mkII since launch.
Great! :)

turbo_kev

« Reply #262 on: April 29, 2019, 01:27:15 am »
But they didn't supply a mag label for Bitwig Studio
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

Chromat1c

• Apprentice

bunja1979

• Apprentice
« Reply #264 on: May 01, 2019, 01:21:49 pm »
And again no news about nothing......
They just tell us to send emails so we don’t pollute the forum here for other potential customers to read.
Really I think we can forget about an update.
Arturia is being run as a cash cow now and nothing else.
They just focus on hat makes most money in the shortest of time.
Instead the f keeping developing little things thy should make good and come with a good update for the flagship product.
But I’m nearly sure it will never happen.
The MB is a great synth but it could be so much more....
I’m sure behind the screen now they are working on a Polybrute and then will milk that for a year once it’s out and then once people start to ask about significant updates they will fast starting making another product to push for a year and on and on.....

Sad but nearly sure this is the Arturia philosophy....

come on arturia or ill get disheartened with you I got my keystep
I pretty much wanna doodle on it but sometimes I am playing stuff that doesn't fit so a proper transpose like found on most keyboards would be amazing here cheers come on one small update get a team on it please

KrisL

• Apprentice
« Reply #265 on: May 01, 2019, 06:03:59 pm »
Hi,

Unfortunately there is nothing I can say at the moment... But if you want your voice to be heard, please, contact the support services. The more people will do that, the more impact you'll have and the update will happen.

Regards,

Matthieu

No Matthieu - there is something you could say - something along the lines of 'Arturia would like to apologise for not addressing the problems with the Matrixbrute sooner than we should have.'

The more you deflect, the deeper the hole you are digging RE company reputation. 

The final 5 words of your sentence are a concern i.e

Quote from: Matt Arturia
and the update will happen.

It was also prefaced with an 'if'. 

In other words, if we the customer don't contact, you won't fix the problems with the MB? 

You should be delivering for a number of reasons, namely:

1)  Your instrument is potentially not fit for purpose, given certain functions don't operate as-described
2)  You have a responsibility to your purchasers
3)  Arturia has a reputation to uphold

Delivering an update in order for an instrument to function as described upon release isn't an update.  I'm classing it as the delivery date of the instrument, as up until this point, I don't have the instrument I paid for. 

Extras/updates - I'd pay for those. 
Fixing problems - you should have been on this a long time ago. 

I personally expect the bugs to be addressed.  And no member of the public should have to inform you of any bugs.  You should have a testing/compliance system in place.  This whole process gives off a strong air of complacency. 

Frederic should be aware (and I'm sure he is - as will Arturia investors be aware) that, greater than loss of profit, is loss of reputation.  If Arturia have ever had a high-level audit, they'll know loss of reputation is, in terms of company standing, classed as 'catastrophic'. 

Mathieu/Frederic/whoever else at Arturia is reading this - let me ask you a very simple and very direct yes/no question:

Are the Matrixbrute problems going to be fixed, as promised, before the summer? 

'Updates' are secondary.  Are you going to fix the long-standing problems with the synth?

A staff member saying 'if you do this, we may deliver' isn't good enough.  It is an insult.  You are angering your paying customers.

fede bts

• Apprentice
« Reply #266 on: May 01, 2019, 08:15:03 pm »

Are the Matrixbrute problems going to be fixed, as promised, before the summer? 

'Updates' are secondary.  Are you going to fix the long-standing problems with the synth?

A staff member saying 'if you do this, we may deliver' isn't good enough.  It is an insult.  You are angering your paying customers.

I think this is the main point. I surrended and bought a Microfreak (so probably my opinion doesn't count, since I keep funding Arturia), yet I feel like the way they mistreated their customers is the worst I've ever seen so far. They found the time to develop several virtual instruments and FXs, hardware sequencers, keyboards, synthesizers and drum machines and did not address major bugs that are affecting their flagship. The only reason why I bought a Microfreak is that - considered the price tag - I don't mind if they don't take care of every single aspect: if it fails to satisfy my expectations, I'm just going to sell It. But the Matrixbrute was meant to be a lifelong companion, and it feels like Arturia is making fun of me, cause I was fool enough to trust them
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 12:35:22 pm by fede bts »

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #267 on: May 03, 2019, 03:21:10 pm »
Hello.

The Matrixbrute developer is working full time on the MatrixBrute update.

> Bugs are being addressed

> New features are being implemented

We are still aiming at the beginning of summer, hoping that the test/beta-test will not dig out bugs that could delay the release.

Cheers

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

fede bts

• Apprentice
« Reply #268 on: May 03, 2019, 04:09:34 pm »
Hello.

The Matrixbrute developer is working full time on the MatrixBrute update.

> Bugs are being addressed

> New features are being implemented

We are still aiming at the beginning of summer, hoping that the test/beta-test will not dig out bugs that could delay the release.

Cheers

Edouard

Many thanks, Edouard, for your kind reply. Sorry if sometimes our comments can sound pretty agressive: having to wait two years and a half for bugfixes can be pretty frustrating, when you are using Matrixbrute on a daily basis. Anyway, I am very glad to hear this from you, and looking forward to the update  8) Meanwhile, I will have some spare time to get acquainted with the Microfreak!

standingwave

« Reply #269 on: May 03, 2019, 07:57:23 pm »
That kind of clear and honest communication will go a long way in redeeming your brand.
 I am VERY excited for what potential the team unlocks from the brute!
 Keep us in the loop. I'm sure most of us would prefer the update to be thorough and a bit late rather than rushed and incomplete; as long as we are being made aware of the situation.
 Thanks Edouard!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines