March 28, 2024, 11:50:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?  (Read 133312 times)

fede bts

• Apprentice
Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #225 on: March 11, 2019, 06:22:02 pm »
I don't know why (maybe I am just pessimistic by default) but I am not holding my breath for this firmware update. It just sounds too good to be true, and spring is just around the corner. Maybe is scheduled for spring 2021? ::)

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #226 on: March 12, 2019, 11:02:24 pm »
Hey VAU, I understand what you want to say, when you say, some of us would just be like: "i never buy a synth from them again because the OS update is not here already" , but thats really not all there is to it.

I, for what itīs worth, do feel like not buying any more Arturia stuff, and sure, the fact that the MB is still buggy and neglected after all this time plays a big role for this sentiment. But there is definitely more.

Yes, the poor MIDI Sync DOES make the MB unusable for  me in quite a lot of live situations. That is a huge problem.

I would like to use it as the heart of my modular, but I need sync, and the fact, that the LFOs canīt play in synced cycles longer than a beat of the sequencer is ridiculous (try it, sync the LFOs and make them somewhat slower, and you will find, that they get retriggered with every beat. Drives me nuts). Not just as ridiculous as not being able to play triplets, but it feels more like bug, whereas the missing triplets rather feel like, I donīt know, a hint that the programmers themselves donīt make music at all?

Well, all that is sad and problematic and CAN render the MB useless (albeit only in quite specific contexts), but it would be tolerable, if there was some kind of feeling that anybody cared. And this brings us to the real reason, why people are upset and why Arturia as a company dies for me: Freakinī customer support! Man, if someone here on the forum would just say "hey guys, we understand you, itīs f*d up, but we canīt do it, the only programmer who understands the code of the Brute has left us and we are just helpless..."  I WOULD ACCEPT IT AND GET OVER IT.

But simply ignoring all those customers that bought a 2000 (in my case) Euro synth? No way man. Making a feature request section on the forum and giving a flying f...ish? No way man. Telling us on FaceBook to go to the forum to voice our troubles, after we did that for years, and literally noone cares? No thank you, Arturia!

Cause you know what? There is another pretty important reason, why I donīt feel the need to spend my money and my time (figuring out a completely undocumented device on my own, finding issue after issue) on another Arturia product ever again: There is a lot of really awesome companies out there, that do a lot better. Since I have some MakeNoise gear, my MatrixBrute has become a beautiful, overpriced and very heavy Keyboard, that I sometimes start using as a synthie again but then I run into some issue and I end up on the forum, like NOW. I will not get into a debate about better sound, as that is a matter of taste, but if something would be going on with my O Coast on the scale of the problems we experience here, I am confident that they would fix it in the next month. And be really nice. And say sorry. And that matters. Really.

And you know what? The O Coast is flawless. Sure, it still gets the occasional update, but it wouldnīt need to, itīs doing everything as advertised.

I know, it is an unfair comparison, I know, I am just being butthurt, I know, I complain about wasting my time while writing a damn essay in an internet forum... But sometimes, just sometimes, I have this tiny glimpse of hope, that someone from Arturia does sometimes check the forum and sometimjes just cares a tiny little bit about us nerds out here, and thinks "well, guess I should tell them what the problem is", even if the Marketing department hates him or her for doing so.

Until then, I shall spend my money for some Mutable Instruments and keep believing in a better world.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 12:21:34 am by Lunatic Sound »

tontheroad

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #227 on: March 13, 2019, 12:24:24 am »
^^^^

What he said is right. It’s a great synth. It could be an awesome synth with some new firmware love and attention. Get on it Arturia.

standingwave

« Reply #228 on: March 13, 2019, 11:51:09 am »
Spring starts in exactly 1 week. If no update occurs within the time period they have stated, I will unload my matrixbrute asap and never even utter the word Arturia again in my life. I will make sure my supplier is fully aware of the reason why as well; my brute is still on warranty and not working as advertised.

TimeEchoProductions

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #229 on: March 14, 2019, 03:55:56 pm »
Dear Arturia,

This is supposed to be your Flagship product,
Treat it as such.
Thank you kindly.

endreola

« Reply #230 on: March 15, 2019, 05:51:51 am »
Maybe I had misinterpreted when the next update will be released but it was my impression it was moved up in schedule from Summer 2019 to Spring 2019.

And from where my carbon resides, the astronomical start of Spring 2019 in Northern Hemisphere will begin on Wednesday, March 20 and ends on Friday, June 21.  And if we're referring to meteorological start of Sprint, well then that started almost two weeks ago...

The way that I see it is that Arturia made a commitment to release an update sometime in Spring, which by my clock is sometime between 3/20 and 6/21.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #231 on: March 15, 2019, 01:07:01 pm »
Arturia did say they would deliver in Spring. Which to be fair to them doesn't start til next week, and even then that gives them a three month window before users can complain. On the other hand, in my job, I sure wish I was given the liberty of a vague three month window to deliver or not deliver on my promises...
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

standingwave

« Reply #232 on: March 20, 2019, 10:20:36 am »
Spring has sprung!

endreola

« Reply #233 on: March 20, 2019, 12:02:58 pm »
Here's a timer counting down the remaining days of Spring 2019  https://howmanydaystill.com/its/summer-2068, just saying...

EDIT: As pointed out by MajorFubar, the link above is not calculating days correctly.  So please disregard and use this instead https://days.to/until/summer.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 02:37:00 pm by endreola »

endreola

« Reply #234 on: March 21, 2019, 11:38:53 am »
See attached  ;D

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #235 on: March 21, 2019, 12:32:33 pm »
Here's a timer counting down the remaining days of Spring 2019  https://howmanydaystill.com/its/summer-2068, just saying...
According to your timer it's 70 days til Summer, which as of today gives 30th May. Sorry to disappoint you but Summer doesn't start on 30 May, it starts on 21st June  :)
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

standingwave

« Reply #236 on: March 21, 2019, 11:28:41 pm »
God dammit major. I was feeling good there for a minute. Haha
  ;D

endreola

« Reply #237 on: March 22, 2019, 03:46:23 am »
Yup, you’re correct.  This time calculator is more accurate.
https://days.to/until/summer

FrequencySounds

• Apprentice
  • Advanced Sample & Sound Design
    • Frequency Sounds
« Reply #238 on: March 25, 2019, 11:47:59 am »
We have also been waiting for ages to get the update.
But we stay positive that it will happen although at some times it seems hard.
Fact is :
The MB is already a monster as it is so to bash it would not seem fair.
But the update would indeed take it to the next level.

standingwave

« Reply #239 on: March 28, 2019, 01:55:30 am »
 Or at least make it fully functional!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines