March 29, 2024, 02:00:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?  (Read 133400 times)

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #210 on: February 08, 2019, 04:10:53 pm »
Mmmmm had this for 1.5 years now. Come on Arturia spend some money on this.

"its a very small team" etc does not cut it. Only heard really lame excuses so far.

Arturia seem to have an appetite for releasing product after product while the suckers
who already bought their stuff get forgotten. I bet I get another newsletter next week with
a new product launch.

aWc

• Apprentice
    • aWc
« Reply #211 on: February 08, 2019, 06:00:46 pm »
in case you missed it, firmware update 2.0 will be released Spring 2019. It is not Spring yet...

VAU

« Reply #212 on: February 08, 2019, 10:33:53 pm »
i wonder if gate can get modulated then as i requested.

the Boringer Grave has it and people are raving about it

fingers crossed they've read some of our requests...

standingwave

« Reply #213 on: February 09, 2019, 02:51:55 pm »
We shouldn't let the pressure off either. They've had it pretty good from the customers so far.
 I want anybody considering purchasing a Matrixbrute to see that it is not a finished piece of equipment and may be abandoned. Until Arturia are hit in the wallet, the Matrixbrute will be ignored.

If you're considering buying one of these synths, please ask Arturia first about their unfinished firmware and plans to complete the instrument's development.

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
« Reply #214 on: February 12, 2019, 03:16:50 pm »
in case you missed it, firmware update 2.0 will be released Spring 2019. It is not Spring yet...

In case you missed it..... the point I am making is that they have had ample enough time to release a load of products but still have not sorted out basic stuff on the MxB. Spring? Last spring more like it.

I will believe it when I see it.

Spring 2019 in Northern Hemisphere will begin on
Wednesday, 20 March
and ends on
Friday, 21 June

Just to be clear.

minus_ego

• Apprentice
« Reply #215 on: February 12, 2019, 04:56:12 pm »
I completely agree with people's frustration towards arturia's response on this issue.  They seem to have sacrificed long term customer satisfaction with short term gains from new product launches.

That being said, I am willing to work with them and provide feedback if that will expedite any bug fixes.  I hope Arturia is taking note though.  This frustration I have felt will color my decisions in the future about spending any more on arturia products.  I love my minibrute, microbrute, and matrixbrute.  You should be commended on your approach to analog synthesis but it boggles the mind to release something as complex as the matrix brute and not have any updates for more than two years.

endreola

« Reply #216 on: February 24, 2019, 06:12:13 am »
While driving around today, I noticed trees full of blossoms -- Spring is almost here...  ;D

standingwave

« Reply #217 on: February 24, 2019, 09:48:43 pm »
 8)
 I have a daughter on the way this spring and, between you and I, I'm almost as excited about this. :o
 Come through on this Arturia!

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #218 on: February 24, 2019, 10:35:14 pm »
8)
 I have a daughter on the way this spring and, between you and I, I'm almost as excited about this. :o
 Come through on this Arturia!
Difference is your daughter will arrive round about on time as promised, not some vague time between March and June or perhaps even later.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 10:38:25 pm by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

standingwave

« Reply #219 on: February 25, 2019, 11:24:20 am »
Good point Major. Haha.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #220 on: February 25, 2019, 01:30:08 pm »
My two cents worth (risking my Karma taking a battering again from people who disagree with me, but oh well..)

Arturia is juggling too many plates. This Matrix Brute thread runs to countless pages full of users who have been pleading for an update to fix firmware bugs for up to two years. Apparently you're getting your wish in 'Spring', but it's been a long two years.

Arturia seems to have a complete lack of passion to lead the pack by proactively taking the initiative to update their existing products with new innovative features and quickly and efficiently patch well-documented firmware bugs. Instead we have the Features Request and Technical Issues subforums where Joe Public does the role of the R&D manager and 'beta tester' for free. But by and large they are ignored anyway, because 16 femtoseconds after a product launch, Arturia's attention has moved on to developing the next headline-grabbing product, instead of proactively patching the holes in their existing products' firmware and striding ahead with ideas and innovations to make those products class leaders.

Arturia were better when all they did was make synth emulations. It's far better to be recognised as the undisputed Jedi Master of one discipline than be remembered as an also-ran in two dozen.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

VAU

« Reply #221 on: February 26, 2019, 12:27:27 pm »
Aren't most of their products very good/excellent? Even my nag nag thread here does in the end prove one thing: most of the users here regard the Matrixbrute as one of the best monosynths ever made.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #222 on: February 26, 2019, 01:36:49 pm »
Aren't most of their products very good/excellent? Even my nag nag thread here does in the end prove one thing: most of the users here regard the Matrixbrute as one of the best monosynths ever made.
It probably depends who you ask. I've always been reasonably content with their software, other than when they try to take the p*ss with the upgrade prices. But you don't have to look too far in this forum to find buyers of Arturia hardware who feel a bit abandoned, some who have hinted (or explicitly stated in some cases) that they wouldn't buy Arturia products again.

VAU

« Reply #223 on: February 26, 2019, 02:27:04 pm »
maybe i did miss it, but i haven't seen any comment so far saying, a hardware unit from Arturia would be unusable. I read a few that seemed to be a bid overreacting = "i never buy a synth from them again because the OS update is not here already".  But the vast majority says: ok, i am rather annoyed to wait so long but still i love my *brute or whatever.

I said it a few times before: The  Matrixbrute is a milestone for me (just as PIGMENTS) . If it wasn't i wouldn't have bothered to open this thread.

I just mention it from time to time, because i don't want this thread spread the - in my opinion - wrong message, Arturia would produce crap. It is exactly the opposite, i enjoy a lot using what i got from them.

bonogoldbaum

• Apprentice
« Reply #224 on: March 11, 2019, 06:20:03 pm »
when u will finally make an full firmware and software update fpr the matrixbrute!??

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines