March 28, 2024, 11:55:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?  (Read 133314 times)

standingwave

Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #195 on: January 28, 2019, 04:17:05 pm »
Ps- how is your karma -139? Lol

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #196 on: January 28, 2019, 06:33:15 pm »
Ps- how is your karma -139? Lol
To be fair, Karma is a joke on this forum, just like it is on most forums. Disagree with someone and they're about ten billion times more likely to 'smite' you than any of the people you've helped hitting the 'applaud' button. Exhibit A: user LBH, one of this forum's most prolific posters and helpers with nearly 2000 posts to his name, has a whopping Karma of...51.

I had a whopping Karma of six until two/three weeks ago when I expressed my criticism of some aspects of both Arturia's customer service and of some users' expectations. After which I saw it gradually dwindle down to zero, for the reason mentioned above.

Mind you, on the other hand my post count has gone up bizarrely: two days ago I only had 21 posts to my name, and apparently I've nearly quadrupled that in two days...
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

standingwave

« Reply #197 on: January 28, 2019, 07:17:34 pm »
Yeah, I pay no mind to it. It just seems like a comical number to be in hole...like, what the hell happened man! Lol
 Black Mirror nose dive.

standingwave

« Reply #198 on: January 28, 2019, 07:18:56 pm »
Ps- I just gave you an applaud because I feel bad for your story. Lol.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #199 on: January 28, 2019, 08:35:39 pm »
God bless you my friend, reciprocated :-)
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

endreola

« Reply #200 on: January 29, 2019, 02:45:01 am »

;D

TonyToot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #201 on: January 29, 2019, 07:42:42 am »
Well, I'm all about done here. I've tried pretty much everything I can think of and I still can't get the Matrixbrute to lock to Logic and keep a consistent bpm with what Logic is telling the synth.

The only thing I've not tried is different frame rates on the Brute. Logic is outputting what it should... 24 fps and I know that the Brute was set to that too. I'll give it a spin trying the Brutes various frame rate settings.

If i can't get this working tonight, it's going back for a full refund.

Apologies for not starting a.new thread for my problems which seems to be echoed by others here and elsewhere. The reasons for my postings is to highlight that instead of new features, get the existing ones to work correctly, bearing in mind, none of my other synths exhibit the behaviour I'm seeing with the Matrixbrute and this is the very first time I've ever encountered anything like this - been doing music with Mac's and hardware synths since the early 2000's.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 08:17:11 am by TonyToot »

standingwave

« Reply #202 on: January 29, 2019, 10:59:41 am »
Did you open a support ticket Tony?

endreola

« Reply #203 on: January 29, 2019, 12:06:02 pm »
Most of my clock syncing is to Squarp Pyramid and get best results after setting Midi clock to 1ppq within MCC.  These devices (and others) are connected using Midi DIN through iConnectivity mio10.

The Support team has been pretty good via email.  From my experience it takes a few days to get a response.  Since this product is a massive beast with many different ways to configure it, I tend to describe the issue starting from a new Init patch.  That way they can follow along and provide appropriate guidance.  You may also want to share with Support how your clock is configured within MCC.  The more upfront detail provided the better they can analyze and provide a solution.

TonyToot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #204 on: January 29, 2019, 12:52:56 pm »
Did you open a support ticket Tony?

Hi ya Caley,

I've not so far as I've only got 14 days from the time of delivery to get it back.to the store from where I bought it. So the clocks ticking - pardon the pun.

It would make a whole load of sense to contact support but I don't want to end up with a dud on my hands waiting for a firmware fix if that's that the problem, and going by Arturia's record on that front, all I can see is it get kicked in to the long grass.

I'm going to try my level best to resolve this myself, though I'm not convinced that it's anything wrong with my setup seeing as this only relates to the Matrixbrute.

How are things at your end. Have you had any breakthroughs? Fooling around with Logics midi clock settings, if I turned it up past and beyond 24 frames per second, I could get it to behave like what you're experiencing, meaning that the Matrixbrute would display bpm's 1,2,3 and 4 bpm either side of what it's set to in Logic. Is your time clock set to 24 fps?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 01:06:39 pm by TonyToot »

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #205 on: January 29, 2019, 04:33:35 pm »
Guys, 

I would LOVE to discuss this more, but this is the wrong place. In fact, I did open a thread a while ago:

https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=94430.0

I would be extremely happy to hear some more advice on how to stabilize sync, as I am not happy with it either.

Thanks!

standingwave

« Reply #206 on: January 30, 2019, 07:13:55 pm »
I asked in a support ticket about firmware update. I was told firmware 2.0 is scheduled for spring.
 Hope springs eternal, or in this case until spring
 Good news to have a more firm deadline though.

fede bts

• Apprentice
« Reply #207 on: January 31, 2019, 11:33:54 am »
Would you be so kind to share their message? If it is true, we have a tentative release date, and - if the software version will be 2.0 - I assume it is meant to be a major update. Cross fingers

standingwave

« Reply #208 on: January 31, 2019, 04:47:16 pm »
Cheers! :D

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
« Reply #209 on: February 08, 2019, 03:59:19 pm »
Most of my clock syncing is to Squarp Pyramid and get best results after setting Midi clock to 1ppq within MCC.  These devices (and others) are connected using Midi DIN through iConnectivity mio10.

I have no syncing issues when using Logic. In fact this is the best MIDI sync I have ever used! 48PPQ.
Was really shocked that when I recorded a test sequence into Logic the attack transients are bob on the beat. Really
accurate indeed for a MIDI sync.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines