March 29, 2024, 11:00:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?  (Read 133380 times)

endreola

Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2019, 05:10:03 pm »

... though i would have preferred if they discuss all ideas here with the users.

Which brings me back to my original comment; "It would be grand if Arturia would share the list of defects and enhancements the update will include."

standingwave

« Reply #181 on: January 27, 2019, 05:14:49 pm »
Some of you on this forum are much more forgiving than me. I will definitely not being buying another Arturia product until this issue is rectified, and even then it will be a highly debated purchase.
  Sure Arturia are a "small" company employee-wise. That is because they outsource all the manufacturing to China. Sequential are an even smaller company and are able to support their products. Moog only has something like 60 employees.  So 50 employees is not an excuse to ignore their most expensive product support.
 The point about the spamming noted above: customers complained, their response was to continue, as it paid off financially for them= complete disrespect for their customers.
  This is not the first time they have gone through this cycle ie. The Origin.

VAU

« Reply #182 on: January 27, 2019, 05:30:45 pm »
Some of you on this forum are much more forgiving than me.

well i started this thread ( but also one to praise the MB) - but i try to be objective: some things i really dislike, but overall, i think they do a pretty good job at giving us very good to great (!) tools at fair prices.

The point about the spamming noted above: customers complained, their response was to continue, as it paid off financially for them= complete disrespect for their customers.

i don't know, what the spaming exactly was like and IF  at all,
but basically, i am totally with rens here: Arturia has a right to send mails to their customers. as said: i subscribe for as many newsletters of companies i am interested in as i can.
there's no "big ripoff" from Arturia's side from what i see, but rather a company with a lot of products on one side and an ever gear-thirsty crowd on the other ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 05:32:22 pm by VAU »

standingwave

« Reply #183 on: January 27, 2019, 05:43:46 pm »
 I do see a big ripp off though.
Some say:
 "But please bear in mind that Arturia are a company, not a charity, and need to make money to deliver, among other things, support for the MatrixBrute. Marketing things to the installed base is by far the cheapest way for most companies to get them money in that allows them to continue. You cannot begrudge them that."

I'm not asking them to be a charity, I've already gave them money for a fully functioning synthesizer, INCLUDING firmware without bugs. I've already paid for the development of this item that I have only partially received. If Arturia spent as much on further development of the Matrixbrute as they had on marketing, they would have a VERY happy group of loyal customers.  Instead they have a group of customers that didnt get what the hype sold them.
 The company continues spending money I gave them to start other projects instead of finish the project I paid for. I consider that a Rip-off. They have added insult to injury in not giving clear communication about where we stand.
 This is not  gofund me, they are not a charity and I am not a bank. They need to complete the matrixbrute immediately, before releasing new equipment and software.

TonyToot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #184 on: January 27, 2019, 11:53:28 pm »
I'm a new owner of the Matrixbrute - turned up at 11 am today.

I'm not interested in new features, what I am interested in is my DAW to be able to sync the Matrixbrute, which, as you all know too well. This synth doesn't work correctly because of the firmware.

This just 8snt good enough, so suffice to say, this synth is going back to Andertons in the UK for a full refund.

Well done Arturia for your utter ineptitude with regards to you're not addressing buggy software. You've lost a  customer.

fede bts

• Apprentice
« Reply #185 on: January 28, 2019, 10:38:00 am »
I am interested in is my DAW to be able to sync the Matrixbrute, which, as you all know too well. This synth doesn't work correctly because of the firmware.

I have never had problems syncing Matrixbrute to my DAW (cubase), nor to my midi (digitakt) or cv (beatstep pro) sequencers: are you sure you're doing everything right?

TonyToot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2019, 10:55:22 am »
I'm all ears if I'm doing anything incorrect.

So, I've actived the relevant midi sync in Logic 9 and I'm using Logic as the clock, the Matrixbrute is connected via USB,  hit midi sync on the Matrixbrute, play a sequence in Logic. As the Logic is triggering the sequence, the Matrixbrutes display is going from 119.9 bpm, then drifting to 121.1 bpm, back to 120 bpm which was what it's set to on both the Matrixbrute and Logic.

Ah ha, I think this might be pilot error as I'm engaging midi sync on the Matrixbrute which I shouldn't be doing from what I can make out in the manual.

Will check later.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 11:16:55 am by TonyToot »

standingwave

« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2019, 12:18:52 pm »
I've never been able to get accurate sync. I'm sending midiclock ftom an Expert Sleepers USAMO, which is sample accurate and jitter free (converts audio to midi)
 My brute always drifts up an down 2bpm. It's close enough for most things, but it is not 100% and causes issues with layering and arranging long passages.

Tonytoot- the MIDI direct from you CPU will inherently have jitter, that is not a problem with the Matrixbrute. If you have s known stable source of MIDIclock and it still forms not sync, that is all the Matrixbrute's fault; which is my case.
 FYI- MIDIsync SHOULD be engaged.

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
« Reply #188 on: January 28, 2019, 12:33:17 pm »
Not using USB here but my sync is really solid and recording the output to my DAW confirms this.
I am on Logic 9 (mac) and have an old Emagic AMT8 MIDI interface.

Funny I was just thinking how tight it was for a MIDI sync.

standingwave

« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2019, 01:07:36 pm »
Maybe my Brute is broken. I'm getting 2bpm fluctuations in my brute, while other synths stay steady.
 I've opened a ticket, well see.

TonyToot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #190 on: January 28, 2019, 01:40:25 pm »
I've never been able to get accurate sync. I'm sending midiclock ftom an Expert Sleepers USAMO, which is sample accurate and jitter free (converts audio to midi)
 My brute always drifts up an down 2bpm. It's close enough for most things, but it is not 100% and causes issues with layering and arranging long passages.

Tonytoot- the MIDI direct from you CPU will inherently have jitter, that is not a problem with the Matrixbrute. If you have s known stable source of MIDIclock and it still forms not sync, that is all the Matrixbrute's fault; which is my case.
 FYI- MIDIsync SHOULD be engaged.

I thought I was even after reading the manual again. In the manual where it talks about syncing midi, it also mentions "sync" for non midi which confused matters.

I'm getting similar results as you although I'm gust using the usb port. I tried connecting via the din midi but my Emagic MT4 didn't show up anything on my Mac = not connecting.

I'm going to have a good look into this evening though you're confirming the sync bug.

Hmm.

TonyToot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #191 on: January 28, 2019, 01:48:25 pm »
@Chromat1c

Hi there, Could you give me the settings you're using both to sync from Logic and what you're settings are for the Brute please?

Many thanks in advance

« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 01:50:00 pm by TonyToot »

standingwave

« Reply #192 on: January 28, 2019, 02:18:06 pm »
Tony
 Please let us know what you discover.
Cheers.

turbo_kev

« Reply #193 on: January 28, 2019, 04:02:39 pm »
Hi
I use Bitwig studio as my daw

when the sync is set Bitwig says110.00
and the MB says 109.9 and then 110.0 it flips between the two
 I think that's good enough
or should it be exactly the same all the time
cheers
kev
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

standingwave

« Reply #194 on: January 28, 2019, 04:16:02 pm »
When your clock is sync'd it should not drift at all. For a lot of  things that small of a difference wouldn't be noticed, but in some situations it would ruin compositions or sonic designs.
 The clock should be 100% accurate.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines