March 28, 2024, 07:05:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?  (Read 133288 times)

VAU

Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #150 on: January 06, 2019, 11:47:24 am »
VAU, I don't know why you would even bother buying an Arturia product until they make good on their current responsibilities. I'm not meaning to attack you in any way, I just don't get it.
 I've looked through their downloads page under the support section, and I don't see a lot of firmware updating on any of their hardware products. The matrixbrute is a much more complex instrument than most of their other hardware and, due to inexperience (maybe over confidence too) they did not budget enough resources for needed updates to fix bugs and upgrade features as user conect with their product. A huge misstep in my opinion. Now we all have a bad tast in our mouths.

I don't have bad taste in my mouth. It's just tools for me, no reason for me to be the drama queen. Arturia makes good stuff for reasonable prices in my opinion (though MB users should have gotten the 69 EUR Pigments deal too;)
They neither have to be 10000% perfect, nor cheap as Behringer.  But sure, things could be improved and they could be improved faster. I would love to already have a much better use of the Matrix.
Seperate pages for each bar. Ratcheting. etc etc (see feature request thread).  Sure bugfixes should have been done long time ago.

There you can see, how good the Matrixbrute is, because even now it is above so many other synths.

The products i bought (Matrixbrute, PIGMENT, Filters&Preamps collection) are all very very good products. To me the MB and PIGMENTS are among the best 2o3 Hardware and Software Synths so far.
The fact, that i try to tease ARTURIA here with my little thread has only one reason: that i rate the MB so high. Otherwise i would have sold it and went on to other gear.

The Matrixbrute is useable, it just could be even a lot better. Still, as it is already, there is NO OTHER MONO synth with the same potential, and not many of the great poly synths are on par.

I try to seperate things. ARTURIAS updating policy is not the best, because they are working on many many things at the same time (i guess).
Despite that, they make some wonderful instruments.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 12:15:59 pm by VAU »

turbo_kev

« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2019, 02:16:19 pm »
Hi
As a new user of the Matrix brute, I find it frustrating
that I have to close my daw to be able to change the settings in the
midi control center
Please Arturia when you do the firmwear upgrade
can you make some of the settings  like
Local control and Pot mode Available from the Brute

cheers
Kev

BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

fede bts

• Apprentice
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2019, 09:57:19 am »
That said, they have promised a huge update in 2019. It's literally in this thread in writing a few pages back.

The reason why I reported that brief debate I had on Facebook with one Arturia's employee is that - once I asked him elucidations regarding this already promised "huge updated" - he just replied that 1) at the moment, the update is in the specification pipeline (which means that they're not actively working on it and that nothing has changed since we've last heard from them in this forum months ago) 2) the more comments they get, the more 'likely' is the update to happen (which means - at least to my hears - that they are not even sure wether they're going to release this update or not) 3) I'd better write on the forum instead of commenting on Facebook (which is something we've been doing for the past two years) 4) to report which bugs I would like to be solved (which is pretty absurd, considering that one would want EVERY single bug to be solved, if possible). So I am not quite sure if the person I talked to is completely informed about what's happening at the HQ, but if his knwoledge was up to speed... well, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a firmware update.

MEANWHILE >First Major Update for Pigments <  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2019, 01:36:31 pm »
I do agree you have every right for the bugs to have been fixed quickly. Arturia do not have a great track record of building high quality reliable hardware and equipping it with proactively-supported firmware. Superficially everything's built like the proverbial tank but scratch beneath the surface and it's a tale of cheap components mated to under-supported bugged firmware that doesn't seem to get patched enough, because their resources by then are already developing the next Big Thing.

Currently the Big Thing is Pigments, but don't worry, Pigments will soon be yesterday's news and the next Big Thing will be consuming their resources. You think you've been waiting long for a firmware update, Spark 2 users have been waiting for a UI upgrade since before Matrixbrute was launched.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 02:16:11 pm by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #154 on: January 11, 2019, 04:42:30 pm »
Ooh look and another one of my Karma's has vanished, I've gone from 2 to 0 in a week, funnily enough every time I criticise Arturia. Funny that isn't it.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Locksley

• Apprentice
« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2019, 09:11:46 pm »
Better make one more post here pushing for work on an update for MatrixBrute 2019 fixing all the known bugs and possible added functionality!

Now lets see, I got MiniBrute RED and MicroBrute as well as the MatrixBrute, but I can hold off any purchase of DrumBrute or the new 2S which is kinda like a mini mini MB because if there are known issues that can be fixed with the MB and the company still is in existence, I expect support in the way of updated firmware. How odd is that?

I like my MatrixBrute very much as it is, but why not fix something if you can do so?

It is your Flagship! Support it fully and with love!

aWc

• Apprentice
    • aWc
« Reply #156 on: January 14, 2019, 11:40:56 pm »
I am amongst those who have been on the side of patience and optimism for a firmware update, but I have to admit that I am getting frustrated by the wait. I fully agree that my MB is amazing as it is, but the issues are numerous and serious.  The update has to come sooner than later to restore faith in the company.
Please Arturia, show the synth world that you can deliver and support this monumental synth!

turbo_kev

« Reply #157 on: January 14, 2019, 11:46:05 pm »
Hi
As a new MB user  ( xmas present )    can you give me a list of the bugs people have found
so I don't get confused and think my unit is faulty

cheers
kev
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2019, 12:01:56 am »
Hi
As a new MB user  ( xmas present )    can you give me a list of the bugs people have found
so I don't get confused and think my unit is faulty

cheers
kev

That's a pretty cool x-mas present!  8)

There's no single collated bug list, but you can find most of them in the MatrixBrute - Technical Issues sub forum. If you see any that you want fixed, be sure to submit tech support tickets for them. Arturia has asked us to do this, and will prioritize fixes and features in part based on how many tickets they get. If you stumble on any new problems, post in the Technical issues sub forum for discussion and verification, then submit tickets as needed. Same for the MatrixBrute - Feature requests sub forum - check it out and support your favourites by submitting tech support tickets.

fede bts

• Apprentice
« Reply #159 on: January 16, 2019, 09:00:24 pm »
I really hope Arturia is not going to reveal Matrixbrute MK2 at this NAMM :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

gregae2001

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2019, 04:36:01 pm »
I really hope Arturia is not going to reveal Matrixbrute MK2 at this NAMM :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

I hope they do... and then follow that up with an announcement that the MK2 firmware will also update the original Matrixbrute (and is available to download now!).

turbo_kev

« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2019, 09:35:57 pm »
SO much for any news on a firmwear update at namm

oh well we can dream
cheers
kev

Rennie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • OLD SCHOOL
« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2019, 09:40:57 pm »
PLEASE - Can we get an update to Matrix Brute

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

endreola

« Reply #163 on: January 25, 2019, 05:42:47 am »
Just wanted to remind the MB user forum community that Arturia is planning to release an firmware upgrade and we should expect it around mid-2019 as shared by Edouard; reference https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=92467.msg151590#msg151590.  This isn't new news but just a courtisy to those in the community who hadn't seen it.

It would be grand if Arturia would share the list of defects and enhancements the update will include.

SentientMachine

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #164 on: January 25, 2019, 08:25:48 pm »
It's pretty typical for a music company not to share the details of a firmware update until it's almost out the door. That way they don't overpromise on anything. Excited for a new firmware update when it shows up!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines