March 28, 2024, 07:06:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?  (Read 133289 times)

VAU

Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #135 on: November 23, 2018, 07:30:40 pm »
10.000 clicks soon ...

NAMM is getting closer...

VAU

« Reply #136 on: November 26, 2018, 08:46:05 pm »
meanwhile in Japan...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dasyK0jHzk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dasyK0jHzk</a>

VAU

« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2018, 11:08:35 am »
Congratulations to KORG!

They now released a fix for their tuning issue.

Users really had been waiting for this...

« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 03:35:17 pm by VAU »

standingwave

« Reply #138 on: December 22, 2018, 01:27:35 pm »
NAMM is in 4 weeks; I hope we get an update by then. It is still on my list to Santa though...

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #140 on: December 27, 2018, 06:26:26 pm »
Good job, Fede!

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #141 on: December 27, 2018, 06:35:58 pm »
I really think it is justifiable to give them some heat. Even if for some unexplainable reason it does take years to fix the major bugs and even if, yes, there has been one statement with something approximating a date, the customer support here is still below sealevel. So why not go public. At this point, I feel like Arturia is one of this big, soulless companys, that just won΄t give a damn about anything, unless it costs them actual dollars. I would love to be proven wrong.

standingwave

« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2018, 08:36:47 pm »
Disappointing :-\...

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #143 on: December 29, 2018, 06:03:47 pm »
With any company the headline news is launching new products. Too much emphasis is on getting something new and shiny out to potential new punters. As crass as it sounds, there's no money in fixing bugs and distributing patches to existing customers for free, so it constantly gets kicked in the long grass. That said, they have promised a huge update in 2019. It's literally in this thread in writing a few pages back.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

VAU

« Reply #144 on: January 01, 2019, 11:34:05 pm »
although in my opinion MATRIXBRUTE users should have gotten PIGMENT cheaper than any other former ARTURIA product user
(since we spent the most and have to have the most patience til it is us in the row with updates and bugfixes),...

...i of course had to buy the fantastic PIGMENT, as well as the 3 Filters & PreAmps Bundle

You make such great synths & tools, ARTURIA, please don't let the users down, even if they dare to buy your top-of-the-line products  ;)

all the best for 2019 ***

« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 10:11:14 am by VAU »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #145 on: January 03, 2019, 09:34:14 am »
although in my opinion MATRIXBRUTE users should have gotten PIGMENT cheaper than any other former ARTURIA product user
Assuming you got the same $69 offer that V Collection owners got, then no, you shouldn't.

I've seen this 'holier than thou' attitude from several Matrixbrute users on this forum, and on this thread in particular. I realise you (VAU) do have feet in both camps, but some Matrixbrute people on here have a very blatant self-entitled attitude and look down their noses at other users, particularly soft-synth users, and see us as scum. It's easy to forget that some of us soft-synth people have been paying Arturia's wages for a very long time, having invested repeatedly in the software and updates for as long as 15 years, and essentially we funded the development cost of your hardware. We are not second-class citizens. Nor are those who have bought other recent less expensive Arturia hardware.

Happy New Year, and Peace & Love to one and all. Even to self-entitled Matrixbrute users.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 09:43:37 am by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

VAU

« Reply #146 on: January 03, 2019, 10:37:06 pm »
Assuming you got the same $69 offer that V Collection owners got, then no, you shouldn't.

No, MB users had to pay 99 not 69
that's what i say, we bought the most expensive product, are waiting so long for updates because of the development of for example PIGMENT,
but then wen pay more then Vcoll6 users.
it's not about 30 bucks. it's about being treated equally.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #147 on: January 05, 2019, 04:44:03 pm »

No, MB users had to pay 99 not 69
that's what i say, we bought the most expensive product, are waiting so long for updates because of the development of for example PIGMENT,
but then wen pay more then Vcoll6 users.
it's not about 30 bucks. it's about being treated equally.
Fair enough, I agree you should have the $69 option.
I see from my last visit to the site that someone has seen fit to smite me, presumably a begruntled Matrixbrute owner who didn't like what I posted. I make 60+ posts of help and advice and get a whopping two 'applauses' but write the one post which rattles someone's chains and lose 50% of my karma. What a joke.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 05:27:50 pm by MajorFubar »

standingwave

« Reply #148 on: January 05, 2019, 04:56:43 pm »
 VAU, I don't know why you would even bother buying an Arturia product until they make good on their current responsibilities. I'm not meaning to attack you in any way, I just don't get it.
 I've looked through their downloads page under the support section, and I don't see a lot of firmware updating on any of their hardware products. The matrixbrute is a much more complex instrument than most of their other hardware and, due to inexperience (maybe over confidence too) they did not budget enough resources for needed updates to fix bugs and upgrade features as user conect with their product. A huge misstep in my opinion. Now we all have a bad tast in our mouths.
 That all being said, they DID promise a big update in the first half of this year. I am hoping that they do come though for the customers who took a chance on them in a market with much competition. I am not a rich person and I paid more than $3000.00CAD with tax for this item. That kind of money goes a long way in a home based studio.  If they do not respect me as a customer and support the equipment they sell, I will not allow them to burn me again, plain and simple. Dave smith Instruments, Moog, Korg, Roland and others are in the same competing market. These companies often go beyond expectations to make their instruments expand in ability after they ship. Arturia have allowed simple bugs to linger for almost 2 years.
 I refuse to spend one dollar on an Arturia product until they show their customers and their instruments some respect.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #149 on: January 05, 2019, 05:27:11 pm »

Herein lies the problem with glowing magazine reviews and YT reviews; the kit passes through their hands so quickly, the initial five star review cannot ever take into consideration what a piece of hardware is like to own long term, nor on the quality of the support and aftercare.

I hope you guys do actually get the 'big' update promised for 2019, and that it isn't kicked back again.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines