March 28, 2024, 10:29:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?  (Read 133250 times)

Reaktiv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2018, 12:50:43 pm »
As Omnisphere 2 team is planning to integrate the matrixbrute in their new 2.5 update synth integration, I'd love to see everything transmitting midi cc, even switches if that is possible...
Seems strange to expect vsti integration on such a good hardware synth, but what they are achieving is really promising. Best of both worlds! Fingers crossed Arturia, from an early adopter
soundcloud.com/reaktiv1979

fede bts

• Apprentice
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2018, 10:40:43 pm »
Not sure that airing frustrations is really going to speed things up.
I suspect energy better directed contacting Arturia directly and making wishes known...
...repeatedly if need be ;)
I absolutely agree with you on this. Even if I am one of the first users who repeatedly asked for this update to happen, I don't think that isnsulting Arturia will ever bring us anywhere. Just send a support ticket to Arturia asking for more details about a possible release date or features and kindly ask Arturia ask to report it in the official forum thread. The last time I did it, I got an answer in like 1 or 2 days and a guy of the staff kindly reported his thoughts in this thread. Then, if someone wants to contact SonicState or whatever webzine, it can be a good idea ... But - first of all - we have to stop insulting the developing team just because a bunch of users (how many? 10? 15?) are waiting for a (ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, don't get me wrong) firrmware revision

SomeCallMeFamous

• Sound Designer, Record Producer, Live Performer
« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2018, 09:14:06 pm »
Still nothing .......
This is just disgusting no other words for it.....
''Put Signature Here''

VAU

« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2018, 08:47:21 pm »
i wonder what will happen first:

10.000 clicks in this thread
or
an official update announcement by ARTURIA

SomeCallMeFamous

• Sound Designer, Record Producer, Live Performer
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2018, 10:21:13 pm »
50 thousand clicks and then still nothing.........
Like I said disgusting and typical...
''Put Signature Here''

VAU

« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2018, 02:13:28 pm »
at least other companies don't think, my feature request about patch memory is that stupid:

"Store tens of thousands of presets
A Moog One preset is a self-contained blueprint, saving the parameters for all three layers of timbrality, along with each timbre’s sequencer, arpeggiator, and modulation settings. Moog One has the capacity to store and recall tens of thousands of presets that you can easily categorize, edit, notate, and even share via USB drive. Up to 64 presets can be arbitrarily grouped to a Moog One Performance Set, where they are immediately selectable via the front-panel Bank/Preset button configuration — a vital feature for live performances and session work.

Presets can be shared with an unlimited number of Performance Sets, allowing quick access to desired presets for each live gig, studio date, and composing session. Preserving more than just presets, User Spaces save global behaviors, MIDI settings, knob behaviors, port and pedal configurations, and even the LED brightness level of your working environment. This means that a USB thumb drive in your pocket can temporarily make any Moog One in the world your personal instrument."

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MoogOne16--moog-one-16-voice-analog-synthesizer

fede bts

• Apprentice
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2018, 05:27:33 pm »
Guys, once again, have you tried sending support tickets asking Arturia to refer any eventual news in the forum? If you're not willing to do that, I can do it for you  ;D

VAU

« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2018, 05:39:21 pm »
i made my statement on this long time ago: if a company runs a forum and has a section "feature requests" there, then this should be enough.

second: i (as many many others)  made a lot of suggestions for other synths through the years. often (o f t e n! ) users or makers did not see the usability of ideas first. once introduced they did
( i just say alternative patterns or break patterns on the RYTM ... or TR8S respectively)

the usability of having as much patch programs as possible is so obvious, that i would feel ASHAMED to send in a ticket for this. Dr Justice, me and others have described multiple times, how and what the MATRIX could be used for.

to me,  this support tickets thing is nonsense.  if somebody wants to request features this way, fine.  But ARTURIA has to read their OWN feature request section.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 09:26:43 pm by VAU »

WytchCrypt

• Apprentice
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2018, 04:26:17 pm »
I'm new to the MxB and wondering, is there a comprehensive list of all the firmware issues we'd like to see addressed?  Not a list of cool features we'd like to see introduced (though that would be useful to see too), but actual problems that need to be fixed? 

Thanks! 

fede bts

• Apprentice
« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2018, 02:17:33 pm »
this is what I sent to Arturia as a support ticket. I post it here so, in case I ever receive an answer, you'll be fully updated on anything, as I wrote this ticket with the whole community in mind:

To whom it may concern,
sorry to bother you with an old question. Lately, there has been a huge debate regarding the future Matrixbrute Firmware Update, in the "General Discussions" section of your official forum. While I have been professing calm and comprehension, there are many frustrated Matrixbrute owners out there (and I can't blame them). We've been told that an update was in the specification pipeline, but - still - we have no clue on which specifications will it contain, when it's going to be delivered, if you're actively working on that, if it's still happening at all. It is more than disrespectful on your behalf letting people pay 2000 bucks for an instrument that needs bugfixes and promising a "Major update" that - after a year and a half - is still lacking. At this point I think you owe us an OFFICIAL STATEMENT (in the forums, and through your social networks), providing us further details. Or else, people will probably end up selling their matrix or contacting webzines.

VAU

« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2018, 05:24:15 pm »
... Or else, people will probably end up ... contacting webzines.

what i just did

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #116 on: October 05, 2018, 10:44:20 am »
Bonjour.

Fede bts contacted me to get some news about this subject.

sorry to bother you with an old question. Lately, there has been a huge debate regarding the future Matrixbrute Firmware Update, in the "General Discussions" section of your official forum. While I have been professing calm and comprehension, there are many frustrated Matrixbrute owners out there (and I can't blame them). We've been told that an update was in the specification pipeline, but - still - we have no clue on which specifications will it contain, when it's going to be delivered, if you're actively working on that, if it's still happening at all. It is more than disrespectful on your behalf letting people pay 2000 bucks for an instrument that needs bugfixes and promising a "Major update" that - after a year and a half - is still lacking. At this point I think you owe us an OFFICIAL STATEMENT (in the forums, and through your social networks), providing us further details. Or else, people will probably end up selling their matrix or contacting webzines.

Here is the answer I sent him.

Hello Federico.

Thanks for contacting us.

We are indeed aware of our users expectations about this update.

First, let me clarify things, the update is planned and will happen.
I saw people saying that we will not be doing it, don't worry, this is not the case.
We are dedicated to update this synthesiser as soon as we can.

The Brute team is very small, and has many other ongoing works to handle.
The person who made the MatrixBrute firmware will roll back to the MatrixBrute firmware as soon as he finished his ongoing projects.
Moreover, it also involves tons of additional work from other teams, like the test team, who also need this update to fit in their schedule.
Consequently, the MatrixBrute update is plaanned for the first half of 2019. (We initially thought it could be done earlier, but unfortunately, plannings got delayed)

Out of bringing bug fixes, we do want to improve the MatrixBrute capabilities and the sequencer workflow.
We will do our best to implement features and improvements that makes sense and will make the MatrixBrute a better instrument.
I can't give any further details about what will be implemented or not, as these changes require to be confronted to the developper plus all the constraints involved in their implementation, and we do not want to bring disappointments.
But be aware that we listened to the users suggestions with attention.
The only detail I can let you know is that we won't implement new features that can't fit clearly the UI. One of the biggest pleasure in the MatrixBrute is it's straightforward synthesis UI.
This will not be changed.

Let me know if you have any further question.

Kind regards, and thank you for your attention.

So once again, sorry for this delay.
We do want to make things right, but it's not just as easy as it appear from an external point of view. We are still a growing reasonably sized company, but are all passionated people waking up each morning to bring cool and affordable instruments to the world.
As a MatrixBrute owner, I'm like you guys, very eager to see this update coming, and I wish it could have been done earlier.

Kind regards

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2018, 02:24:08 pm »
Bonjour.

Thank you for the update! :)

...The only detail I can let you know is that we won't implement new features that can't fit clearly the UI. One of the biggest pleasure in the MatrixBrute is it's straightforward synthesis UI.
This will not be changed.

I hope you will not take this to extremes. It's clear from several threads on several forums that users would like to see extended functionality that might utilize the alpahanumeric displays and some chorded button presses to change the modes of their usage. One case in point, which I advocate for, is patch name, system parameter and extended patch parameter editing (thread here). These are things that are necessary in this day and age - the synth already feels needlessly cumbersome in these respects, with the need to use the MIDI control center even for mundane tasks like setting the MIDI channels.

It would be a shame if the knob per function ethos hinders the synth from reaching its full potential. There are already several chorded button functions and the alphanumeric displays already perform more than one function, so extending this would not introduce any "disturbance" to the ethos in effect.

I urge you to let your flagship synth be all that it can be! That also includes a full documented sysex protocol (an absolute must in an advanced flagship synth), so that the community can get on with creating tools for it.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #118 on: October 05, 2018, 02:50:11 pm »
One more thing, while we have you here:
Consequently, the MatrixBrute update is plaanned for the first half of 2019. (We initially thought it could be done earlier, but unfortunately, plannings got delayed)...

I assume the update it will be started at the earliest Q2 2019 then, not released since the time to make it is unknown. In any case, by the time an update is released it will have been more than 2 years since the last one. Users will generally be happy to wait a bit for feature enhancements, but not for bug fixes.

The MxB has a number of niggles and bugs that are irritating and hampers it's optimal use (key hold bugs, audio mod edit bugs, sequencer bugs, LFO bugs etc.). These can not wait 2 years to be fixed. You really need to get someone to work on a bugfix release ASAP IMO, no delays, no excuses.

VAU

« Reply #119 on: October 05, 2018, 04:01:06 pm »
"...The only detail I can let you know is that we won't implement new features that can't fit clearly the UI. One of the biggest pleasure in the MatrixBrute is it's straightforward synthesis UI.
This will not be changed."

Being dependent on the computer for so many things is  no way straightforward.
Every action brought back to the MB itself is a step in the right direction.

Other features you put in in your small machines but not in the MB where it could be done so elegant. Ratcheting for example.

Besides that: to run a feature request thread, ask to send in support tickets and THEN say
" we don't care about your wishes" seems really strange to me.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 04:46:57 pm by VAU »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines