March 28, 2024, 01:18:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?  (Read 133259 times)

WytchCrypt

• Apprentice
Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2018, 06:07:37 pm »
ARTURIA - Looking forward to the update. Just my $0.10 as someone who recently purchased this synth brand new last month.

Same here...my brand new one just arrived a couple days ago  ;)

SomeCallMeFamous

• Sound Designer, Record Producer, Live Performer
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2018, 11:48:12 pm »
Well if you guys just bought it you can have plenty of patience for the update lol
''Put Signature Here''

WytchCrypt

• Apprentice
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2018, 02:30:42 am »
Well if you guys just bought it you can have plenty of patience for the update lol

Good point.  I just feel bad for all the old-timers who have been waiting so long  ;D

VAU

« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2018, 12:18:22 am »
wow , Synthstrom now will introduce in their next update waveformview (!) on their matrix/grid.

which reminds me... a lot of things could be displayed on or done with the Matrixbrute's matrix.

- exact values (2×127 step resolution)
- names
- 256×256 programs
- ratchets
- improved sequencer

and some

and  1 man enterprise Synthstrom delivers literally every few days....

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 09:39:35 am by VAU »

WytchCrypt

• Apprentice
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2018, 08:59:01 pm »
Hey all,

I just received a customer satisfaction survey from Arturia after buying my MxB a couple weeks ago.  In the comment section I told them there are a lot of users on their forum that have been waiting quite awhile for the next firmware upgrade with very little communication.  Also that I hoped the new firmware upgrade will arrive soon and that I'd like to see the company do a better job of communicating with the loyal owners of their flagship synth  ;)

SomeCallMeFamous

« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2018, 10:05:53 am »
Really giving up hope again  :'(
''Put Signature Here''

VAU

« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2018, 08:45:20 pm »
let's contact some magazines, if they could ask ARTURIA why they treat their flagship synth and its users like "that":

sonicstate:
https://sonicstate.com/about/contact.cfm

amazona (german):
https://www.amazona.de/kontakt/

musotalk (german):
http://www.musotalk.de/kontakt/

i cannot read french, but here's audiofanzine fr:
https://fr.audiofanzine.com
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 08:47:13 pm by VAU »

SomeCallMeFamous

« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2018, 11:12:16 am »
Good idea
''Put Signature Here''

fede bts

• Apprentice
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2018, 10:05:54 am »
let's contact some magazines, if they could ask ARTURIA why they treat their flagship synth and its users like "that":

sonicstate:
https://sonicstate.com/about/contact.cfm

amazona (german):
https://www.amazona.de/kontakt/

musotalk (german):
http://www.musotalk.de/kontakt/

i cannot read french, but here's audiofanzine fr:
https://fr.audiofanzine.com

C'mon, guys! I was one of the first users repeatedly asking for updates, reporting bugs, and submitting feature requests. It is absolutely true that Arturia neglected this product's development for a while, and we have all the reasons for being upset with them. Yet, we have just had an official statement by Arturia members, telling us that they are actively working on a MAJOR UPDATE, and that they are currently in the SPECIFICATION PIPELINE. Now, we have been told that this update is unlikely to be released before 2019... Therefore, at this very point, I would avoid deliberately damaging a company which is actually working on what we have been asking for the past year and a half. It is true that some companies put much more effort on product development; yet, we have to remember that the decision whether continuing in developing an instrument or not is completely up to Arturia. We have bought Matrixbrute because - disregarding any possible update - it is one of the most powerful and best sounding monophonic synthesizers: we should just remember it more often! I have been waiting for forever for KingKorg to be updated (users are still waiting for an editor, which is way more useful for that kind of products), or for Roland to add other submodules to Aira Demora (but, instead, they discontinued the whole series of Aira Modular); DSI Tempest had a lot of bugs but - at some point - Dave Smith admittedly stopped its development, leaving the users quite disappointed to say the least. And I think we could go on and on for hours... I mean, we have to keep asking for it (it is important on our behalf), but we have to realize that exposing the whole brand to unnecessary criticism could bring nothing but damage (both for the users and for the staff members). Just my two cents

VAU

« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2018, 12:24:10 pm »
On one hand you are right. On the other Hand

-  Arturia profits from positive Feedback in Forums, so they also have to live with the negative
- DSI did something after a petition and some magazine contacts
- at least the bugs should have been fixed long time ago
- one man SYNTHSTROM does wonders.
- at no point i left a doubt that i regard the MB as high as an EMS synth which is max praise from my side for a monosynth
- and yes, ARTURIA said, they are working on something. Still they cannot give Details on what and when. And i think it would be good for them
  if there are some more detailled announcements

i thought about all that before and  i did not want to damage them in any way.  But if you Google "customer service" and Arturia,
then you might discover there is some air for improvements on their side.

And last but not least - since i had the "entitlement" discussion many times on elektronauts:
i think, we, the customers have a right for the best possible software (including enough program space).
I think it usually is nonsense to ask for hardware improvements (although often in synth history users were very happy
about one or the other), but software has to be top notch. period.

SomeCallMeFamous

« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2018, 06:57:57 pm »
Perfect words !!!

On one hand you are right. On the other Hand

-  Arturia profits from positive Feedback in Forums, so they also have to live with the negative
- DSI did something after a petition and some magazine contacts
- at least the bugs should have been fixed long time ago
- one man SYNTHSTROM does wonders.
- at no point i left a doubt that i regard the MB as high as an EMS synth which is max praise from my side for a monosynth
- and yes, ARTURIA said, they are working on something. Still they cannot give Details on what and when. And i think it would be good for them
  if there are some more detailled announcements

i thought about all that before and  i did not want to damage them in any way.  But if you Google "customer service" and Arturia,
then you might discover there is some air for improvements on their side.

And last but not least - since i had the "entitlement" discussion many times on elektronauts:
i think, we, the customers have a right for the best possible software (including enough program space).
I think it usually is nonsense to ask for hardware improvements (although often in synth history users were very happy
about one or the other), but software has to be top notch. period.
''Put Signature Here''

MikeG123

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2018, 10:26:55 am »
I think that Arturia team preparing new firmware for NAMM 2019.

VAU

« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2018, 12:41:38 am »
you guys see how fast KORG is fixing the Prologue?

SomeCallMeFamous

« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2018, 09:15:46 pm »
And silence again......
Really Arturia ban me if you want but in my book you are a bunch of pricks with zero passion for customer satisfaction!
Especially bad when it concerns customers buying your most expensive product and not your shitty software........
''Put Signature Here''

Oz1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2018, 02:31:20 am »
Not sure that airing frustrations is really going to speed things up.
I suspect energy better directed contacting Arturia directly and making wishes known...
...repeatedly if need be ;)

Better software integration, easier saved patch parameter detection and more selectable modulation lanes are my holy grail upgrades.

I can say that sending midi out to other synths (k2500 and Behringer model d) then running them back to mxb input, while using send return fx bus as well as mxb fx has given me a lot of happy accidents  lately.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines