March 28, 2024, 02:26:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?  (Read 133267 times)

Reaktiv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2018, 01:55:56 pm »
Fingers crossed! Thanks Manuel for reporting, I needed to feel a little more optimistic about it  ;D
Merci Arturia de penser (encore un peu) à nous
soundcloud.com/reaktiv1979

fede bts

• Apprentice
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2018, 10:11:29 am »
some are technically impossible, such as repeating envelopes
Hi HUBA,
 by "repeating envelopes" you mean looping envelopes, right? I have been sending it as a feature request as well, but I wasn't told it was impossible. Such a pity! Well, I am glad something is moving: I'm not rushing, yet I would really like to know more aout what's happening with the developing  8) Let's cross our fingers and hope for the best

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2018, 01:42:32 pm »
some are technically impossible, such as repeating envelopes
Hi HUBA,
 by "repeating envelopes" you mean looping envelopes, right? I have been sending it as a feature request as well, but I wasn't told it was impossible. Such a pity! Well, I am glad something is moving: I'm not rushing, yet I would really like to know more aout what's happening with the developing  8) Let's cross our fingers and hope for the best
It's technically possible in the firmware (old coder here, not easily fooled ;)). However, I think the problem is how to expose this feature in the user interface so that it doesn't become too cryptic (same for some other requested features). Some features might be squeezed in e.g. by chording some buttons, maybe blinking a LED as an indicator, but for the envelopes there are no such things available directly or related in a clear way.

Even so, I think it might possible to use the matrix and the LED displays to expose a set of parameters like that, and also using some other buttons (chorded or held for N seconds) to enter a mode to access these parameters. It would be a little contrived and goes somewhat against the one button per function ethos, and it may not be too popular for design-cleanliness reasons. Would open up new possibilities though.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 02:43:58 pm by DrJustice »

HUBA

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2018, 05:35:34 pm »
Interesting about the possibility of repeating/looping envelopes. I didn't get any explanation for why this wasn't possible, so it might be that you're right and that the problem lies in not finding a practiacal UI solution for it.

I know I've said this before, but those of us eager to get new features into this synth should all do some thinking while Arturia is working with bug fixes and updates, and try to find clever ways to get new features to work with the existing UI, in ways that are somewhat practical. Some of us might come up with stuff Arturia wouldn't think of themselves.

VAU

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2018, 12:10:55 am »

Even so, I think it might possible to use the matrix and the LED displays to expose a set of parameters like that, and also using some other buttons (chorded or held for N seconds) to enter a mode to access these parameters. It would be a little contrived and goes somewhat against the one button per function ethos, and it may not be too popular for design-cleanliness reasons. Would open up new possibilities though.

+1

in fact, i assume the matrix could be used to replace the annoying need for a computer editor foe most duties.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2018, 02:02:45 am »
+1

in fact, i assume the matrix could be used to replace the annoying need for a computer editor foe most duties.
Exactly. I've submitted "Editing of the system parameters on the synth itself, with no dependency on the MCC software" as one of the most important feature requests. I want to still be able to make full use of my MxB in the old folks home, long after the MCC software is obsolete (I don't think it will run on my quantum computer's AI OS in the year 2045  ;D). 

Oz1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2018, 09:33:58 am »
Hi all, owned a Matrixbrute for about a month now. Has been great to find and read this forum post regarding possible firmware to come. I am 100% on board with the additional modulation bus request, and in my Arturia feedback after purchase, I mentioned this to them (still no reply back though).

Another request was around the "Preset + knob" method of finding what settings a saved preset has. Its currently really clunky and painful to rebuild a saved patch, having to use two hands.
I believe the best possible method on this synth would be to have the LED screen with the patch number automatically display parameter values as a knob is twisted, with the [P] (saved parameter) displayed as it is passed through. Then as changes are completed, allow a 1-2 second timeout before the screen goes back to the patch number. In other words, remove the need to press "Preset" to get access to this information. I understand it becomes tricky with more than one parameter being adjusted at once, but other synths like electribes and Access Virii seem to handle it with some finess.

VAU

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2018, 01:17:44 pm »
Please add ideas in the "feature request" section , so they won't get lost - thanks!

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2018, 02:05:03 pm »
^ We've been asked to submit tickets for bugs and feature requests, as they're too busy to compile the contents of the forum.  A good sign I think - i.e. they're likely hard at work with the update  :)

@Oz1: I agree with changing the preset value display so that it's not a temporary and two handed operation. I suggest submitting a ticket to weigh in on it (SUPPORT / Ask for Help / Technical Support). Adding a thread, or posting in a related thread in the "feature request" section is still a good idea for visibility and discussion.

Oz1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2018, 03:56:39 pm »
Thanks Dr. Justice, have sent the feature request via Tech Support. Will report back if anything of interest.

VAU

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2018, 12:30:47 am »
Another 3 months and no news...

SomeCallMeFamous

• Sound Designer, Record Producer, Live Performer
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2018, 10:34:52 am »
Indeed just sickening, no other words for it.
They send us those great newsletters with updates for this and that but nothing for their flagship instrument.
Really never seen a company that treats the company itself so much as a cash cow.......
Lucky I got my hands on a grand voyager from moog now, at least that’s build correct in one go.
I have given up all hope on Arturia
''Put Signature Here''

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2018, 07:44:52 pm »
Ouch

Speedball030

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Make music, not loudness war.
    • My music on Soundcloud
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2018, 10:35:45 pm »
The Matrixbrute is no longer on the front page at www.arturia.com...
Will not buy any other Arturia product. Ever. Great work Arturia!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:56:51 pm by Speedball030 »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2018, 01:08:22 pm »
The Matrixbrute is no longer on the front page at www.arturia.com...
Will not buy any other Arturia product. Ever. Great work Arturia!
In all fairness, the front page changes all the time - they use it for the latest news items. The MxB is the very first thing on their product page and it appears on the news page whenever there's a related event or release.

If the complaint is just a symptom of the frustration of waiting for an update, I can understand that. From what I know, they're working on a quite extensive update, so even if it has taken its time, we're not forgotten. And now that the update is apparently being worked on, I'd rather want a solid and substantial one than a rushed and minimal one.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines