April 19, 2024, 09:45:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?  (Read 134395 times)

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #480 on: November 27, 2019, 10:35:18 pm »
funny, but not one of my requests was realized i think
see here:
https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=90177.0

maybe punishment, because i started this thread;)

i have to check again, but a few years for this thin update seems rather weird to me

Hey - lighten up VAU! :)

Several of the features you (together with many other people) requested  are in the update - claiming that "not one of my requests was realized" is not true and not fair.

- LFO SLEW & SYMMETRY  a double use of the LFO knobs should be an easy thing to do (?)
SLEW = soften the LFO curves ( sounds often more musical)
and SYMMETRY means you can shift the curves gradually from symmetric positive and negative values to only positive or negative values
(example: cutoff only gets opened from but not more closed from start value)
With the custom LFOs you can program your own waveforms, with per step slew, for micro and macro slewing. It handles symmetry too, although that was always doable with the normal LFOs too - just add in a constant using a macro knob. The macro knob can of course be modulated too, which gives you modulation of the symmetry.

- with the  AUDIO MOD knobs, allow modulation from ZERO in the matrix. Now only possible, if start value is NOT zero.
together with unipolar LFOs (see request for LFO SLEW & SYMMETRY) this would make a lot of sense
This was always possible by turning the knob slightly in the direction of the modulating function you want (it's in the manual and explained mor then one time here and on GS). The 2.0 update makes it a tad easier by defaulting the right hand side of the knobs as the default modulating function.

- very helpful wold be  attack / release  setting (in the MCC) for the aftertouch,
for softer fade in/out insead of sudden on/off
Well, there is a sensitivity setting there which helps. For an attack (as from the notes attack) this can be done using the mod matrix and an envelope. Not what you requested though, which BTW would be nice i itself, but oh, where in the UI would it go...

- track rotation = shifting tracks stepwise left / right
you come up with a nice pattern, but then you want to start it at another step ? for this you need this feature
best case would be to to be able to shift NOTE, ARP and MOD tracks independently and if they could have different length.
(an "offset" for the different MOD track destinations might be over the top, but would allow even more rhythmical variation)
Track rotation is in the update. Well, not separately for the MOD, Glide, Accent and Note lanes with separate lengths, which sounds like feature bloat to me (hard to find a workable space for all that in the UI).

- more MOD sources  ( would mean: more pages)
so you could for example sequence the OSCs independently. very good feature for interesting patterns
It's in the update.

- possibility to modify all ENV stages independentely
 (lin/log, duration 2x, 5x, 10x,  etc)
Lin/Log is doable with the added mod user assignable matrix columns and envelope feedback (could do 4 segments previously, limited by the 4 assignable columns).

More onboard patches, user assignable CV in/out and hi-pass in filter the fx path is not possible due to the hardware. Some of the requests are kind of edge-case'y and just to hard to cram into the UI (IMHO of course).

In my book, this is the very opposite of a "thin update". How about "glass half empty" if nothing else, or even a stretch to "glass half full" ? For most others I think the glass is overflowing :D

« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 08:00:34 am by DrJustice »

WytchCrypt

• Apprentice
« Reply #481 on: November 28, 2019, 12:54:00 am »
Just wanted to send a quick thanks to Edouard, his team and the beta testers for making this happen...a great Thanksgiving day present!  I can't wait to see what modulation insanity I can create with 12 additional custom mod destinations  ;)

SingleCell

• Apprentice
« Reply #482 on: November 28, 2019, 04:35:41 am »
I posted a bug in the tech support forum.... but then thought maybe I should ask here, in case it's just some problem on my end.   The new Duo/Split Glide in 2.0 does not function correctly with the Sequencer or Matrix Arpeggiator.  It was limited before, but now it doesn't do anything that it's meant to.  Slide steps in the sequencer try to Glide the upper part instead of lower, for example... causing some really odd behavior.  Anyone else getting this problem? 

STM

• Apprentice
« Reply #483 on: November 28, 2019, 12:39:09 pm »
Thank you for the update!
I love the costum LFO and more routing options are a great addition!

@SingleCell:
I just made a simple duo/split sequence from an init patch and can confirm your problem.
Slide steps are activating  glide on the upper part.

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #484 on: November 28, 2019, 01:53:52 pm »
Hello.

Can you please report this bug to the support?

I would like to reference your complaints to trigger a hotfix.

Best

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

aWc

• Apprentice
    • aWc
« Reply #485 on: November 28, 2019, 05:17:01 pm »
I posted a bug in the tech support forum.... but then thought maybe I should ask here, in case it's just some problem on my end.   The new Duo/Split Glide in 2.0 does not function correctly with the Sequencer or Matrix Arpeggiator.  It was limited before, but now it doesn't do anything that it's meant to.  Slide steps in the sequencer try to Glide the upper part instead of lower, for example... causing some really odd behavior.  Anyone else getting this problem?
I think I am seeing the same thing. However, if I turn off the Sequencer, than I can set Glide ok.

sermax

« Reply #486 on: November 28, 2019, 05:42:04 pm »
Many thanks to Arturia . We have a great synth in our hands (it was also great before )and now we have tons of possibilities to shape our sounds . I only tested the new firmware for some minutes and the additions are incredible . Great job for an amazing sounding synth

Processaurus

« Reply #487 on: November 29, 2019, 08:37:55 am »
Significant update! Thanks for the ongoing development. The custom LFO(s), combined with the sync, makes it a little modulation sequencer, and you can run it as a 1 shot. I like the smooth/stepped option, per step. 16 user modulation destinations make it significantly closer to a modular synth with digital patching. Amazing work!

VAU

« Reply #488 on: November 29, 2019, 11:26:47 am »

In my book, this is the very opposite of a "thin update". How about "glass half empty" if nothing else, or even a stretch to "glass half full" ? For most others I think the glass is overflowing :D

i said thin update for that it took years. other companies do this in a few weeks.

also lots of workarounds for me again.

i welcome the update for my Matrixbrute, and don't want to see it all negative,  but on the other hand i am quite disappointed with still having to use a computer for the patch management
which for me is one of the main let downs and that ARTURIA does not communicate, IF another solution was possible, and i also don't think the expansion of the sequencer is as good and elegant as it could have been.

So maybe they will make more use of the MATRIX in the future, for now it is ok, for me personally it is rather thin what took some years to develop.

I hopw you can accept, that we have different opinions here.

joeman

• Apprentice
    • Musical Experiments
« Reply #489 on: November 29, 2019, 01:27:39 pm »
Thank you for more user mod destinations! This alone is outstandingly powerful! Things are getting really crazy over here  ;D ;D ;D

@VAU, side note: perhaps Arturia did do the software in a matter of a few weeks. They only just started it now because they were busy doing other things that also, take a few weeks. Know what I mean?  :)

@Arturia, the Matrixbrute has always been a joy to use and this update simply ups the joy a great deal! Thank you!

Experiencing a flow of temporal information now, and in anticipation, and in retrospect.

VAU

« Reply #490 on: November 29, 2019, 02:12:36 pm »
i know what you mean, but think about what could have been done in the years since MB introduction
i bought the MB very early and until today, i recommend it online or to friends or people i meet
and never thought about selling mine

but the patch management is totally stupid, sorry
you build such a futuristic synth and don't provide space for 256x256 patches? come on...

Oz1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #491 on: November 29, 2019, 11:15:42 pm »
This update is great.
Thanks Arturia and the Beta team.
I have sat patiently all year hoping this update would be half of what v2.0 actually is.
Now I am considering getting a second Mxbte.

The only area I still struggle with on this synth is the clunky way of finding the saved prameter for each knob. Pity it couldn’t be updated to the simple yet elegant way Korg had on their old electribes, where a light would illuminate as the knob travelled through its saved parameter amount, but it’s not a deal breaker, just now a slow process to rebuild a saved patch visually.

I am happy with 256 save slots. 16000+ slots would require a lot of memory (both for machine and human)

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #492 on: November 29, 2019, 11:53:58 pm »
Yeah, first: 16 mod slots? Amazing! Really. I fell off my chair. Literally. Thanks for that, I would not have dared to hope for that.

And of course, same for custom LFO shapes. Those are big upgrades for sure.

The triplets and dotted notes are just obligatory, so I don't feel like celebrating them, I will just generously pretend, it was always that way   ;D Not really sure, what I think about the way, they are implemented, but time shall tell. And hey, THAT would be one of those flaws, I would just swallow, if I didn't like it.

Just one concern: There is no word about any Bugfixes, or am I missing that? I will be playing a really big concert with the MB next weekend and I am too scared to update right before that, so I can't check right now. But have the bugs been solved? The FM knob quirk, tap tempo in Sequencer mode, LFO retrigs?

And since the LFO divisions are implemented the way they are, I am afraid, there is still no triplet delay? That I would be willing to teethgrindingly accept, I guess, but, hey, I like my teeth...

And lastly, dear Dr Justice, could you elaborate, what you mean by this statement of yours, answering to VAU: "This was always possible by turning the knob slightly in the direction of the modulating function you want (it's in the manual and explained mor then one time here and on GS). The 2.0 update makes it a tad easier by defaulting the right hand side of the knobs as the default modulating function."

Just the last part, as in, I would like to know, what changed.

Love you all!

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #493 on: November 30, 2019, 01:10:46 am »
And lastly, dear Dr Justice, could you elaborate, what you mean by this statement of yours, answering to VAU: "This was always possible by turning the knob slightly in the direction of the modulating function you want (it's in the manual and explained mor then one time here and on GS). The 2.0 update makes it a tad easier by defaulting the right hand side of the knobs as the default modulating function."

Just the last part, as in, I would like to know, what changed.

Love you all!
From the user manual:
"For the bi-polar knobs to be used in the modulation matrix, you will need to turn the knob in the direction of the item that you want to be modulated. There is a small dead zone on either side of the center detent that will allow you to have no modulation but still allow the knob position to be sensed."

From the 2.0 release notes:
"Bipolar Audio Mod knobs could not be modulated when in their center position. Modulations now apply to the counter-clockwise routing. "

So you need to have the knobs ever so slightly turned away from the center position, to where they get an assignment and before the modulation depth starts ramping up, for these knobs to represent one of the two possible destination routings that they can select. With the update, the audio mod knobs now have a default assignment when they're at the center, or zero, which is the destination on the left hand side, e.g. VCO 1 for the  "VCO 1 < VCO 3 > VCO 2" knob (I mistakenly said right hand side above - sorry).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 01:12:58 am by DrJustice »

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #494 on: November 30, 2019, 06:03:22 am »
Ah, yes, thanks! I get it now.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines