April 25, 2024, 11:32:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?  (Read 134817 times)

SentientMachine

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Arturia team, can you please make a statement on a possible update?
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2018, 05:43:21 pm »
Besides that: to run a feature request thread, ask to send in support tickets and THEN say
" we don't care about your wishes" seems really strange to me.

He never said that. In his email response he even said "But be aware that we listened to the users suggestions with attention."
They care about the user's wishes, but they also have a specific workflow and design in mind for the Matrixbrute.

Saying "The only detail I can let you know is that we won't implement new features that can't fit clearly the UI," is vague enough that I wouldn't read too deeply into its meaning yet, and it's also a completely reasonable idea.

VAU

« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2018, 07:41:43 pm »
We will see... i relly like my MB a lot, i bought it very early new in a smaller shop which i like to support whenever i can,
but i start to get the feeling that ARTURIA just does not take their customers seriously - and who would like that feeling?

Complaints about Arturia's customer service are not exactly new - and i count not happening OS updates to "bad customer service" -
but i thought things had bettered. And really: looking at the DELUGE alone (and i met one of the guys before it even came out, so i know quite well
how supportive they are and how much they involve customers) really makes me mad. The MB could be much more creative and i am beginning
to feel bad about those poor promises... 

SentientMachine

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2018, 09:46:44 pm »
We will see... i relly like my MB a lot, i bought it very early new in a smaller shop which i like to support whenever i can,
but i start to get the feeling that ARTURIA just does not take their customers seriously - and who would like that feeling?

Complaints about Arturia's customer service are not exactly new - and i count not happening OS updates to "bad customer service" -
but i thought things had bettered. And really: looking at the DELUGE alone (and i met one of the guys before it even came out, so i know quite well
how supportive they are and how much they involve customers) really makes me mad. The MB could be much more creative and i am beginning
to feel bad about those poor promises...

Yeah, I get your frustration and I while I definitely wouldn't praise Arturia's communication with their customers, I think comparisons to the Deluge are apples and oranges. Two very different companies with completely different sizes and priorities. Arturia likely has to share resources across multiple products and has to make sure they're bringing in enough money to support their 50 employees, so they can't solely focus on the Matrixbrute like Synthstrom can with the Deluge.

VAU

« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2018, 11:44:18 pm »
you know that it is statements like this that frustrate people?

i did not ask to "solely focus on the Matrixbrute". Nobody here did ever.

But Synthrom  -  a ONE man company  - can fix and update his product all the time and include almost every feature request that makes sense and is possible
 and a company like Arturia cannot spend 1 or 2 days to fix at least the most mentioned bugs IN MONTHS?
And even - may i say - dare to put up a feature request section and additionally ask to send in support tickets?
What is this? some kind of candid camera?

« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 11:48:54 pm by VAU »

VAU

« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2018, 10:05:42 pm »
K: "...and you guys listen!"

A: "that's our job, we create the tools people like to use"

ups... that was not an ARTURIA quote, that was just Kevin thanking Amos
on the MOOG ONE live stream...

VAU

« Reply #125 on: October 15, 2018, 03:36:33 pm »
with WinterNAMM and Superbooth19 coming, let's hope enough people ask Arturia, what's going on

VAU

« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2018, 01:14:28 am »
some more opportunities to ask ARTURIA about Matrixbrute news:
https://www.arturia.com/company/news

VAU

« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2018, 12:58:34 am »
no news since i opened this thread on
March 7th, 2018

standingwave

« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2018, 11:10:48 am »
I purchased my Matrixbrute in August and I am already eager for this hardware to be serviced with a proper firmware update. There is so much more that can be done with the instrument, it's silly that a software development company cannot get there shit together for this.
 Had I have known of this issue prior to my purchase, i wouldn't have spent my money on an Arturia product. I'm concerned now that a new flagship will be release and this beautiful instrument will never be what it could have been. If they do the same thing with the Matrix as they did with the Origin, i believe it will be the nail in there hardware business.

Here's hoping they do the right thing.

VAU

« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2018, 01:04:16 am »
 10.000 clicks soon ...

« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 09:01:05 pm by VAU »

Rennie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • OLD SCHOOL
« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2018, 02:22:25 pm »
Maybe after 1000 clicks we will get 1000 new features and 1000 new sound patches for MATRIX BRUTE in a new update to  MB ???? Any thoughts Arturia team ????

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #131 on: November 08, 2018, 10:04:08 pm »
Folks,

Eduard has given us a tentative date in this thread:

...the MatrixBrute update is plaanned for the first half of 2019. (We initially thought it could be done earlier, but unfortunately, plannings got delayed)...

So once again, sorry for this delay.
We do want to make things right, but it's not just as easy as it appear from an external point of view. We are still a growing reasonably sized company, but are all passionated people waking up each morning to bring cool and affordable instruments to the world.
As a MatrixBrute owner, I'm like you guys, very eager to see this update coming, and I wish it could have been done earlier.

Kind regards

Edouard

So we'd all like to have it sooner, including Edouard and others at Arturia. However now that we know it's due (to be started?) medio 2019, there isn't much to be accomplished by posting about it every few days. Better use of the forum would be to discuss actual bugs and features IMO. Then, summer of 2019, if nothing has happened, it's time to rack up some postings in this thread again ;)

Meanwhile, if you haven't already done so, submit tickets for bugs and features, even the ones you've seen reported that you want fixed/added since they'll be looking at the per issue demand (in addition to using good judgment, I'd think).

I still think a bug fix release would good though, not least because before any features are added, the bugs and niggles must be straightened out. I.e. the update has two phases naturally, and the first one (bug fixes) could be delivered before the second (new features). That would be best for testing and feedback as well.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 10:08:25 pm by DrJustice »

VAU

« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2018, 04:46:12 pm »
There are enough threads here on the board to discuss actual bugs or feature requests ;)

This thread was made to show, how absurd the waiting time for at least a bug fix (i second your argumentation here) meanwhile is.
I won't sell my MB, i love it, but if ARTURIA has 64 products to take care of, it is one thing, but not to have 2 or 3 spare days to fix bugs of the MB within 1,5 years is ridiculous.

and it is nothing new:

"Arturia makes great products, but their Service Center update policy is dangerous."  (kvr audio)

"Arturia Musical Instruments - This petition requests fixes that pertain to Arturia's hardware and software. The encoders and software are severely unstable regardless of the recent updates. This problem has been neglected for almost a year." (change.org)

etc etc
etc etc
etc etc
etc...

ARTURIA has quite a history of announcing and delaying OS updates and i do not see, why we should stop asking for the MATRIXBRUTE update, their most expensive product so far i think
and which we paid for, also to indirectly make advertisement for the ARTURIA brand.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 04:57:17 pm by VAU »

VAU

« Reply #133 on: November 09, 2018, 05:20:30 pm »
ps

and really, i have the deepest respect for all the good things you do here and your opinion means a lot to all of the board members here i would say!

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #134 on: November 09, 2018, 07:31:07 pm »
@VAU: You're absolutely allowed to be frustrated. I do share some of that, and I've also been speaking out on the firmware situation. I just wanted to remind us that Arturia has given a tentative date. There's no guarantee that they'll hit it, but at least they have communicated some with us on this and stated their intention.

Knowing the bugs will stay for something like another 9-12 months(?) is not too comforting though, so yet again I'll push for a bug fix release first rather than one single huge update.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines