April 19, 2024, 11:42:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Which MIDI controller?  (Read 1273 times)

vekter303

Which MIDI controller?
« on: March 07, 2018, 01:44:30 am »
Hello,

Apart from a groove box and set of decks in the dark ages, I have little experience with music production.

Im getting equipment together for a home studio and would like a recommendation from users with experience of Keystep, MiniLab, Keylab and Keylab Ess.

I have three monsynths and a module that I would like to play through one controller over MIDI (I plan to use a MIDI splitter) Features like aftertouch, velocity and MIDI CC would be ideal, but it is really about playing the synths without juggling wires and too many settings after setup.

I will use a DAW for recording but would like to minimise the amount of mouse clicking I do.

Would love to hear and will appreciate any guidance and advice from experience...
Cheers :)

vekter303

Re: Which MIDI controller?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 10:21:28 pm »
How long does it take for posts/questions to be approved by a moderator?!? This does not instill confidence for any pressing support issues when using Arturia products...

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
Re: Which MIDI controller?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 05:47:50 pm »
I have three monsynths and a module that I would like to play through one controller over MIDI (I plan to use a MIDI splitter) Features like aftertouch, velocity and MIDI CC would be ideal, but it is really about playing the synths without juggling wires and too many settings after setup.

Sequence two or three Monosynths can be pretty easily done with the BeatStep Pro and a dedicated MIDI channel to each.
+ You will have a sequencer to sequence drums.

The Beatstep Pro can also send CCs in controller mode, which can be convenient if you are looking for such kind of use.

If you need more information, more specific questions may help being more accurate.

Best Regards.

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines